Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ikea Tradfri - Two Remotes Query

Options
  • 09-04-2021 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help here, here's an outline of the problem I am seeing.
    Basically my light remote is powering my plugs and lights, so when I'm watching a movie and turn off the lights with the light switch remote it also turns off all the plugs, I know I can use the app but it was all working fine before the last update, I paired the remote control with the lights and the switch with the plugs.

I have a room with 13 tradfri bulbs paired with 1 remote control.

I also have 3 x wireless control outlets paired with a remote switch/wireless dimmer.

Since the last update the remote control and the dimmer switch both control everything, which I don't want.

Would anyone know how can I stop the remote control from controlling the outlets?, in other words have the remote control only for the lights and the Switch/Wireless dimmer only for the control outlets.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

kao123 wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help here, here's an outline of the problem I am seeing.
    Basically my light remote is powering my plugs and lights, so when I'm watching a movie and turn off the lights with the light switch remote it also turns off all the plugs, I know I can use the app but it was all working fine before the last update, I paired the remote control with the lights and the switch with the plugs.

I have a room with 13 tradfri bulbs paired with 1 remote control.

I also have 3 x wireless control outlets paired with a remote switch/wireless dimmer.

Since the last update the remote control and the dimmer switch both control everything, which I don't want.

Would anyone know how can I stop the remote control from controlling the outlets?, in other words have the remote control only for the lights and the Switch/Wireless dimmer only for the control outlets.

Cheers

You might need to have them as seperate rooms. From memory IKEA use rooms as groups so everything in the room is a zigbee group.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Thing is I have other rooms with similar setups and the remotes don't take over each others functions, I added 4 more bulbs paired only with the light remote and the wireless control outlet remote doesn't control them.
    I want to avoid deleting the room and repairing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Delete the outlets and repair them with the control for that.
    [Optional] set the outlet as a separate room. There's no reason to group them if you never want them to function as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I have them all in a single room, similar setup in another room that works just fine. Seems the outlet remote was "not seen" for about 24 hours and the light remote took over everything.
    I deleted the outlet remote, re-added it and repaired it to the 3 outlet controls and all is working again.
    Very annoying to have the light remote take over the plugs, so when I want to Dimm or power off the lights everything else gets turned off.
    It's the only room this happened in.
    All sorted though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

kao123 wrote: »
    I have them all in a single room, similar setup in another room that works just fine.

Having them in the same room can work.
    But if your never going to control them together. Then separate rooms are a better way to set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement