Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new Windows laptop under €350

• 13-02-2021 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a new laptop - preferably with a 14" screen but price must be €350 ish.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭xlogo

??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Honestly, it's hard to recommend a laptop in that price range. Every one of them will be compromised in several ways.

Perhaps just get one from a reputable supplier, as they'll all be somewhat similar.

CatInABox wrote:
    Honestly, it's hard to recommend a laptop in that price range. Every one of them will be compromised in several ways.

CatInABox wrote:
    Perhaps just get one from a reputable supplier, as they'll all be somewhat similar.

Cheers for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Only usable (new) laptop you’ll get for your budget is a chromebook (not windows).

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Bump.....
    looking for similar. last year i bought a hp with pentium gold processor. and 128G ssd. in currys for 349 in what appears to have been a genuine sale as same thing is 399 ( out of stock atm)
    just looked at harvey norman/ did / currys and there is feck all for under 350 except those 4G/64G eMMC .

the one i got last year had windows 10s so i put open office on it instead performs perfectly fine for a 1st year.

Prices seem to be crazy high when you thingk they should be falling for everything bar top end ones.. ( like phones and tablets are) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭duffman3833

laptop prices are high due to stock levels are low. With Covid, factories etc were closed and possibly still working at a reduced rate so laptops and pcs wont be as well stocked as before.
    As mentioned above, laptops in the 300-400 price range are not going to be without some compromises.
    Pick a handful you like, compare the specs and see which offers the best bang for the euro you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Covieland

Teclast is a good brand of laptop on AliExpress I have one and it does everything I need like web browsing, YouTube, etc it is not made for gaming,
    Currently you can get one for €270, they ship from Poland so tax has been paid on it,

Teclast F7S
    14.1" 1920x1080 IPS
    8GB RAM
    128GB ROM
    Windows 10
    Intel Apollo Lake

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

seems the prices are holding due to demand /shortages alright.. here is a list/guide i found

https://techtablets.com/recommended-chinese-notebooks-brands/

the prices from 19/20 you'd expect to go down but they are about 100 above 2019 levels.

Thanks for the replies - got one from the Dell outlet store.

Advertisement