Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Impossible Request..Colleague Gift

• 26-11-2020 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Hi, I want to get a small gift for a colleague who works with me. Normal would get a bottle of something just as a small token. Budget €50.

Working from home and delivery is not an option for reasons I won't get into.

Was thinking an all for one e-voucher but work sending out some. Realistically it probably has to be a voucher of some sort but concerned some places may not reopen after Christmas rendering it useless. Any suggestions? I know I'm asking for the impossible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have they Revolut, transfer them €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,869 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Check if a local restaurant is doing delivery and get them a meal

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just eat vouchers never go a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Loughc wrote: »
    Just eat vouchers never go a miss

How about an promise to take them for girly/lengthy gossipy lunch to fancy restaurant x of their choice when the country re-opens? Save the problem of the place going under before we are all let out again. Is it male or female colleague thou & are you friends or thanking them? Fifty quid is a lot for a colleague.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Check if there is a wine shop e.g O'Briens near them, and get a voucher that they can use there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Are you saying you can't get delivery to your colleague's location, that you have to post the gift?

Are you looking for something light that can be posted?

Dunnes, Supervalu and Tesco do store vouchers and they sell a bit of everything.

If you wanted to get a bottle of nice Whiskey or Gin delivered maybe you could set up the recipient on a supermarket delivery account and get it delivered from Supervalu or Tesco.
    Some nice Hamper idea's in the other thread.

You can also check if there's a hairdressers or barbers / beauticians near them and get a voucher for there and post out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I wouldn't give a "beauty" voucher as many people are very loyal to certain places, not necessarily the one closest to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Oneforall has to be the absolute worst. Especially the digital version where you have send them a scan of you passport to accept it.

Blanchardstown or Amazon vouchers much better.

Or buy something in Amazon and have them deliver it.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Pre loaded card for their favourite coffee shop if they have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

ellejay wrote: »
    Are you saying you can't get delivery to your colleague's location, that you have to post the gift?

Are you looking for something light that can be posted?

I could be way off, but I get impression OP wants/needs to send by email. It is possible that home addresses won't be shared by HR or other such restrictions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement