Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assetto corsa

• 11-07-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

First Dev video released and some other pic's

Assetto-Corsa-Pagani.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-McLaren.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-Ferrari-vs-McLaren.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-Pagani-Zonda-R.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-Ferrari-599.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-Lotus.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-Formula-Abarth.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-Ferrari-458.jpg
    Assetto-Corsa-Formula-Abarth-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Nice!!! When is this gonna be released, the wait is torture. The Tech Preview just left me gagging for more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wasn't all that impressed by the tech preview. Maybe it was just that car but I didn't really like the feel of the game.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I wasn't all that impressed by the tech preview. Maybe it was just that car but I didn't really like the feel of the game.

The car/track combo wasn't great in fairness but i was impressed by the FFB and the general feel of it. The weight of the car and how it shifts around while cornering seemed to be really done IMO.

I didn't spend too much time with it, I've been busy with RBR lately. I'll buy it purely on the strength of Netkar pro though. Still one of my favourites.

It's out!

A beta/early release type affair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

Can't wait to try this out, will be tomorrow at this stage due to my crappy broadband. Hearing great things about it on virtualr.net

Its class, it feels much better than rf2 and looks incredible.

Had a good few laps of Silverstone today, 3D vision and trackIR both work great although I had to edit the onboard camera config file to get more sensitive head movement. Graphics are incredible and the general handling of the various cars is fantastic. I am really surprised how much understeer the Ferrari has, but I'm using the stock setups. One thing I've noticed is strange oscillations on my wheel , but reducing the FFB gain to < 40% seems to fix it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How is the AI guys?

No AI yet but they are promising bi-monthly updates so hopefully won't be too long of a wait.

• Advertisement

Bloodly hell, what a gem of a sim!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

downloaded this myself and im not impressed with the graphics,

maybe its just not noticing my nvidia graphics card even though i have it set to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Quite like the Tauttus (sp?), nice open wheeler

and Imola is very sweet.

Only using the 360 pad atm

Rossi IRL wrote: »

maybe its just not noticing my nvidia graphics card even though i have it set to it

What GPU have you? The AA isn't great in AC.

Try this.
    Go to C:\Users\......\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg
    Open the file called video and change AASAMPLES to 8 and FXAA to 6.
    Should look a good bit better.

What GPU have you? The AA isn't great in AC.

Try this.
    Go to C:\Users\......\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg
    Open the file called video and change AASAMPLES to 8 and FXAA to 6.
    Should look a good bit better.

Its a 3GB GTX 770m

It should be more than enough

To me this game just looks like Race 07 and i dont think it should look like that

Its a 3GB GTX 770m

It should be more than enough

To me this game just looks like Race 07 and i dont think it should look like that

Its not that bad with the above tweak, but you have to remember that there isn't some massive dev house making it, it's a dozen or so dudes trying there best. I think it looks better than RF2, okay its no PCARS but more than acceptable IMO.

Its not that bad with the above tweak, but you have to remember that there isn't some massive dev house making it, it's a dozen or so dudes trying there best. I think it looks better than RF2, okay its no PCARS but more than acceptable IMO.

does this look ok

http://gyazo.com/a65910c7b33479386c5ab20fde2c5758.png

There are still a few issue with AA and the HDR stuff, this is an early release after all.

It certainly doesn't look anything like race 07, I think it's a great looking sim, easily one of the best looking sims out there.

Turning off motion blur has helped some people.

Just tried out photo mode for the first time last night. (You have to edit the assetto corsa file in steamapps)

You can take some fantastic photos and have a lot of control over the image, like FOV, HDR, Bloom, time of day all can be changed to get the look you want. I thought it only worked for taking stills but you can maintain the angle and effects and let the replay play on.

I could lose hours in the photo mode alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

ScumLord wrote: »
    Just tried out photo mode for the first time last night. (You have to edit the assetto corsa file in steamapps)

You can take some fantastic photos and have a lot of control over the image, like FOV, HDR, Bloom, time of day all can be changed to get the look you want. I thought it only worked for taking stills but you can maintain the angle and effects and let the replay play on.

I could lose hours in the photo mode alone.

Ok cool but show some of your Pic's I've bought it on Steam but I've had no time to download it yet.

• Advertisement

BMW-02_zps2ec4de86.jpg

Ferrari-458-02_zpsdc00f92f.jpg

fiat_zpseeb46273.jpg

BMW-01_zps1aa2eef4.jpg

Ferrari-458_zps9ef679e6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

First update tomorrow. It looks like we're getting the zonda R, P4/5 and Lotus 2-11. Mugello and a drift track. I was hoping for Trento-Bondone hillclimb stage from NetKar pro but it doesn't look like it's happening this time around.

It also looks like there will be a drift mode scoring system, new showrooms and a load of sound updates.

Quite like this game, a lot actually...keep getting texts from my friend with lap times that I've to go try beat. ****er :D

Also, there's a hack to enable tv cam for cars for those that like to use it. Tho I'm getting used to driver or bonnet cam the more I play

hmm...handling changed a bit with the update?

Cars seemed very skittish last night when I had a bash.

Audio is very sweet, the engine sounds in particular in car.

I've been trying to beat the achievements that came out in the update.

Apparently the one named "Beat the driver who shall not be named", is the Stigs time in the 458 at imola. He got a 1.55.6. The closet I've been able to get so far is a 1.58.1.

Tried the "Old GPers know why this is important" a 1.30.0, but again I'm 2-3 seconds off at 1.32.4.

It look like we're getting Silverstone GP, Lotus Exige roadster and the Mclaren 12C.

I haven't had any interest in the lotus cars so far so I'm not that excited by that but looking forward to trying this McLaren.

hmm..my controller settings seems very off tonight.

the mclaren I couldnt get to turn a corner in 2nd gear.

must go check the forums

Looking forward to the first release with AI, only so much hotlapping one can do! Dare I say it, but quite enjoying F1 2013 until then.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    hmm..my controller settings seems very off tonight.

the mclaren I couldnt get to turn a corner in 2nd gear.

must go check the forums
    The McLaren is a very different beast to the Ferrari. Each car is so different to the last. I haven't looked too much into the traction control systems but it does make a difference on the McLaren, it turns in a lot better.

I'm still trying to beat the stig achievement. I'm less than .2 of a second away.

Advertisement