Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you good or kill you, Just Veg for a month?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

topper75 wrote: »
    There isn't any contradiction in these positions, however much vegetarian propaganda would like there to be

Eh yeah there is. I'm sure people's love of their pets is genuine, but saying you're an animal lover without qualifying it when you eat their dead bodies for pleasure and convenience is absolute cognitive dissonance.

As for the rest of that law of the jungle stuff, yes I love animals, but I hold myself to a higher moral standard than them, obviously. Cannibalism, incest, all sorts of stuff like that are rife in the animal kingdom too but it's not seen as some kind of disrespecting of evolution to refrain from those.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Teepinaw

Wtf ? wrote: »
    No, I still add butter to spuds,cabbage etc. The secret is not to kill yourself otherwise I would have given up ages ago.
    As to the body, My No2,s are regular now and once a day seems to do. I dont mean to be graphic but when I use the toilet now I feel a huge relief and just carry on. I hope that answers your Q

Fair play to you.
    I'm certainly interested in this now, particularly with your reported weight loss.
    You are living proof of this plan (you could market it and go on YouTube and make a packet selling it to millennials 😂).

What would breakfast be - porridge?

I'm interested but, sounding feeble, I've tried a few things in the past and always found it very difficult getting past work colleagues at lunch time: "is that all you're having", "why are you eating that" as nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Yes, About 6 lbs per week, Bear in mind I was 18st starting off.

While impressive that probably isn't sustainable. It's the type of a weight loss cabbage diet and similar proclaimed but as far as I kn9w they wete not supposed to be long term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

MrFresh wrote: »
    Are you not eating fruit?
    Sorry, Bananas, Mashed up in a mug with a drop of milk for Breakfast most days.
    About a doz Bananas a week. Forgot to include them in my OP. Sorry.

Advertisement