Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Gareth: Tues 12 /Weds 13 March 2019 (Orange Warning for NW)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Anyone else getting the feeling that people in general might be in for a surprise on this one. Quiet in here even.

A surprise in what way? Warnings have been issued by ME. If people choose to ignore them that's their own lookout.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ARPEGE not showing the same penetration of strong winds as earlier runs.

anim_vqt4.gif

arpegeuk-52-38-0_iwa8.png

ICON 15Z just rolling out.

iconeu_uk1-11-25-0_fvv4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭highdef

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yeah was just going to post , winds here gusting near 60KMH

Ah sure that's a regular type wind....Near Gale/Force 7 in a gust is pretty normal. That's not to say that things will be rather different tomorrow but for the east and south (and parts of the midlands), I'm envisaging this event to be no more than what is expected in a regular winter storm, albeit in early Spring - but still not out of the ordinary *

* Trying to downplay this in a reverse psychology way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

cork airport gusting up to 46kts now. Can feel it too

edit: thats about 85km/h

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

11.2C now here near Tralee, gusting around 60 km/h

Stronger rain approaching the coast.

Netweather

s5zAN4R.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

It's a bit gusty in Cork City at the moment - is this part of the same system or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

rafales_uk_soc7.png

Malin head strongest wind gusts currently around 97km/h, Belmullet at 90km/h and both stations closest to Cork City at 86km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

A few gusts around 6pm to 8pm here in Newport. Gone very calm in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Very squally now here in Connemara, very strong gusts. This particular spell of rough weather we're having feels like it's been going for ages, at my location anyway, and at least another 24hrs or so of it to go it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Howling in D24.

Recently bought a house so 1st really wind to see how it holds up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

I drove from Macroom to cork city, it was a horrible drive. The ballincollig bypass is so open, the gusts were shifting the car sideways. Driving rain also as expected with the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Nothing from Graces7 in a long time :(. I miss her descriptive weather updates from the Mayo offshore outpost. I hope she’s ok and has the hatches battened down in preparation for Gareths arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Just heard the neighbor's greenhouse go crash. D12 still howling.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Had to park up my motorbike in Douglas an hour ago, south link was a fecken nightmare...locks on bus home!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Tree fell on car in Naas earlier, occupants were uninjured thank god. Impacts already being felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

KingJeremy wrote: »
    Nothing from Graces7 in a long time :(. I miss her descriptive weather updates from the Mayo offshore outpost. I hope she’s ok and has the hatches battened down in preparation for Gareths arrival

She hasnt posted in 4 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

It’s got windy in Dublin.
    Let’s get this thread going.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Don’t take risks on treacherous boats :D

fun fact, I'm a freelance photographer, I was down at Galway during the massive red warning storm 2 years ago. Was documenting the event as you do. She took a photo of me and posted on social media calling me basically a twat for doing exactly the same thing she was doing. :rolleyes:

EDIT: here it is LOL

YEGMxrF.png

LbtFq3Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

I've been thinking about her too. I actually really miss her posts and feel sad to think what might have happened to her. Miss you Grace, wherever you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Long story. Discussed elsewhere.

Now can I put the recycle bin out and at what time? I had one hell of a session over the weekend and if this bin goes over, the road will look like a beer can ally. Seriously.:eek:

But really seriously sick and tired of arseholes poppin the bin out and then pickin their crap out of my garden. Be careful with your bin tonight. Mine is at the front door, weather watching as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

After watching the 9.30 forecast, they really are all about facts, no hype but at the same time it doesn't really instill the dangers either. I usually don't watch the national forecast due to having only Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

She has been on my mind so much the last week , I’m praying she is ok .
    I also miss her beautifully written descriptions . Oh I really really hope she is ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Decent looking squall being forecasted after midnight tonight for Leinster

80-AA6-B6-B-4-F17-4-A7-A-96-BA-77684744-AB9-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Wind is whipping hard through the trees in Galway and dirty cold sideways rain with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

dublin west here. thats some fierce wind out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Wind very strong here in Ballaghaderreen. A few extreme gusts in last 1/2 hour. Getting worse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Squall line developing now in that band of rain not far from Galway...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: A reminder that this is a weather forum.

Not a forum for discussing and/or speculating the status/whereabouts of other posters!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

pad199207 wrote: »
    Decent looking squall being forecasted after midnight tonight for Leinster

80-AA6-B6-B-4-F17-4-A7-A-96-BA-77684744-AB9-B.jpg

That would not be good for putting out a bin tonight.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Is that red line the squall and if so it looks like it'll effect more than just leinster!

Advertisement