Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I want a breakfast roll but I don't at the same time. It's like the whole devil versus angel thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ta'd at being too lazy to make porridge :-/

Ah Seph - it's almost as easy as cornflakes and I'm not enthusiastic in the mornings.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was the same so went for a sausage sandwich.

Diet has gone out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 40,135 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I want a breakfast roll but I don't at the same time. It's like the whole devil versus angel thing.

I'd love a breakfast roll right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New Home wrote: »
    We had the same problem with an old car of ours (it was mostly due to condendation, and to the rain that would pour in when pressing the clutch - don't ask :rolleyes:). We got it sorted by having the mechanic drill a hole in the footwell (it wasn't bigger than the diameter of a pencil, but it did the trick). The other thing that works even to stop windows from fogging up so much, is to keep a moisture absorber thingy (a portable, non-electric dehumidifier, if you will) under a seat.

Hope it's easier/cheaper to fix than you think. :)

Ooh thank you, that gives me some hope! I’ll get the mechanic to take a look at it today and see what he thinks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah Seph - it's almost as easy as cornflakes and I'm not enthusiastic in the mornings.

Will you make it for me so :D :pac: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There are 6 yoghurts in the fridge and tomorrow is the use by date on them. I know that it won't kill me to eat them a few days past the date but I still don't like doing it :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I drank chocolate milk yesterday evening, a few minutes later I decided to go for a run.

giphy.gif

Will you make it for me so :D :pac: ?

Am No but here's my patented method:

Get suitable mixing bowl preferably plastic

Get large mug

Half fill mug with Flahavans Progress Oatlets (may require some fine tuning to get the consistency you like) and put in bowl,

Fill mug to the brim with milk (real milk not the low fat pi**)

Add milk to bowl and microwave for 4 mins (800W)

Put in cereal bowl and rinse mixing bowl under tap before the porridge welds to it

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Ta'd at being too lazy to make porridge :-/
    Whack it in the microwave. Easy peasy lemon sqeezy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Am No but here's my patented method:

Get suitable mixing bowl preferably plastic

Get large mug

Half fill mug with Flahavans Progress Oatlets (may require some fine tuning to get the consistency you like) and put in bowl,

Fill mug to the brim with milk (real milk not the low fat pi**)

Add milk to bowl and microwave for 4 mins (800W)

Put in cereal bowl and rinse mixing bowl under tap before the porridge welds to it

Enjoy!
    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Whack it in the microwave. Easy peasy lemon sqeezy!

Damn.........Fine I'll do it myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

AIB,

Need to take out more cash than is allowed though an atm so of course need to queue.

One teller working the queue which is effin huge. Man with tablet in hand identifies himself as John approaches everyone in queue asking do they need to queue or can they do their business elsewhere by means of the lodgement and withdrawl atms in the bank, everyone politely tells John no whilst presumably having the same thought as myself "would i be standing here in the effin queue John if there was some other way of doing this much quicker?"

Still one teller working the queue which is of course much larger when a second person approaches with a tablet identifying as Anne with the same query as john had some 10 minutes earlier, again each person in the queue politely tells Anne they are ok presumably having the same thought as myself "you see John has already asked this 10 minutes ago because you were standing there talking to that man who actually just wanted to know if he was ok to be in the car park for 10 minutes as he is a customer but wasnt actually doing any business today Anne so again if i could do that business elsewhere in the bank would i have queued here for the last 10 minutes Anne?"

Hooray as a second teller starts working after queuing for 20 mins at this stage, John and Anne are now actually in a dilemma as there seems to be something wrong with their tablets and they are both discussing what to do, wheres the off button, how do i reset, maybe the collective will of the 30 or so souls in the queue for John and Anne to stick their tablets in a body cavity has resulted in a form of technological karma failure on this day in question?

Thirty minutes in now but im done, im almost there, the second teller is flying, Niamh is the new teller, very efficient, not a talker like Mary the other teller who at this stage has discussed every single surrounding parish and the recent deaths in said parish like a walking talking embodiment of RIP.ie.

Niamh finishes with her last customer and im about to step forward as i hear Mary utter the words to her current customer "sure she had no quality of life did she?" when Niamh abandons me!! I shuffle awkwardly back into the queue and i can feel the collective spirit of 30 plus souls behind me wilt and die, "Niamh why have thou foresaken me?" I havent been this devastated by a girl leaving since Lorraine left me for Johnny in 6th class Primary School (long story cant get into it!), maybe its just a toilet break, a freshen up of the makeup, a coffee to push on through the day?

Three minutes later Niamh appears as bright as a button........ with tablet in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 40,135 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The atms in the bank dont have the same limit as the normal ones. I've been able to take out a 3k+ from an atm inside a bank with no issue. I didnt know until i was approached one day while i was standing in the queue in AIB by a guy with a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just saw Gatwick airport has been closed since last night due to some inconsiderate, selfish imbecile flying his drone up and down the runway on an hourly basis since late last night.

All flights have been grounded for safety reasons until they locate the drone pilot. They reckon its a deliberate attempt to disrupt flights.

Up to 10k people had to sleep in the airport last night as all hotels were full. What an absolute w*anker causing all that hassle and inconvenience to people simply trying to get home for Christmas.
    Hope he/she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, the selfish git. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Drones in general annoy me. I can see no good reason for any member of the public to have one.

In fact, most gadgets annoy me. Including mobile phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Can't figure out if I should sign up for Netflix for 1 month cause I don't think it's compatible with Chromecast anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Just saw Gatwick airport has been closed since last night due to some inconsiderate, selfish imbecile flying his drone up and down the runway on an hourly basis since late last night.

Apparently there are suspicions that everyone's favourite election-tamperers and Cathedral sightseers are behind it, that it's not just some spotty teenager being a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Apparently there are suspicions that everyone's favourite election-tamperers and Cathedral sightseers are behind it, that it's not just some spotty teenager being a dick.

Can you be more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It's more than a trivial annoyance at this stage but still!

A lad in the office made a terrible bet that if is football team won a championship game that he'd quit drinking for a year, well they ended up winning and now he's off the drink, which on paper sounds pretty good right? Well now he's taken up smoking about 8 a day, so we've started telling him to go back on the drink and cut the smoking. It's not like he was gargling something fierce everyday, we asked him and he says he'd have a can of beer at night with dinner and a few drinks over the weekend. He's annoyingly superstitious and believes that if he drinks now it'll bring bad luck on his football team, the lad freaks out if we open an umbrella indoors :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yesterday it was spotted that the CH tank is lower in Kerosene than it should be, so he orders some more to be delivered at the weekend. A term which doesnt necessarily mean sat/sun in this part of the world.
    As madam is hoovering her way through her canned food, he has to get more, but with his hours being the same as the vets.........
    This am I get a note asking me to not use the older grey but fully working mop on any dog mess(there is a lot of it with girl dogs tummy) and could I buy one when I'm out?

TH1 I have to venture out in the windy rain to buy a fresh white mop head to clean up dog mess! still trying to figure out that logic.
    TH2 I'm allocated to do all these jobs all of which mean taking a bus into town or the other side of it while staying home/sleeping/studying for the fuel to be delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Can you be more specific?

I have no idea whether you're being sarcastic or not, but in case you genuinely don't know what I meant, Russia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I have no idea whether you're being sarcastic or not, but in case you genuinely don't know what I meant, Russia.

I didn't know what you meant either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I didn't know what you meant either :(

Me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

SusieBlue wrote: »
    All flights have been grounded for safety reasons until they locate the drone pilot.

Hopefully with the aim of administering a thorough beating.

It's a TA that peoples travel plans are disrupted I'm bemused by the way the 'authorities' are bolloxing around with this since 9 last night and can't do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Skanger chick on bike nearly hit me on the footpath

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA Skangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

It's a TA that peoples travel plans are disrupted I'm bemused by the way the 'authorities' are bolloxing around with this since 9 last night and can't do anything.

It’s a bit more serious, tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When my banger of a car does a big gear change fart in the middle of town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by Audi Drivers who drive so close to me they could shave the back of my legs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement