Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two more victims of "unknown substance" in U.K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

cnocbui wrote: »
    Some people need to bone up on China's facial recognition system and the one Singapore is installing.

There's a difference between a purposefully designed, built and installed system and one made of a hodge-podge of personal recording devices that aren't of sufficient quality, placement or centrally connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You think UK Airports and municipal authorities install low resolution hodge podge equipment? They are probably the most thoroughly surveiled country on Earth. They wrote the book on population surveilance.

You think UK Airports and municipal authorities install low resolution hodge podge equipment? They are probably the most thoroughly surveiled country on Earth. They wrote the book on population surveilance.

They left the airport....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

The whole official narrative is utterly laughable and illogical

• Registered Users Posts: 40,098 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can only presume you are referring to the narrative coming from russia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

You presume wrong. Funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Some people will believe literally anything so long as "their side" tells them to.

It's funny after months of "where is the video evidence? The UK is full of cameras so if this was Russia they would have video evidence" just how predictable it was that the line would immediately change to "the video evidence is fake because of course!" though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

You should contact scotland yard. I'm sure they will be overjoyed the have someone as clued in as you are. Every bit of information helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sure. But surveillance equipment is only good when you know who or what you're looking for.

These two guys entered and left the country before anyone even knew the Skripals had been poisoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

seamus wrote: »
    2smiggy wrote: »
    who know's who or what was involved, just i'd be very slow in believing a repor 6 months after the fact. This was world wide news at the time, and it took 6 months to pick out a few cctv photos, and as they admit, probably fake names, and then put the blame on russian secret service ?? strikes me as very odd
    The level of denialism to convince yourself of this is nothing short of amazing.

Two people are found in a near-death state in a small park in a quiet part of LONDON poisoned, with no witnesses nor any trace of the poison.

And you're surprised that it took this long to get CCTV images of the suspects? Are you fncking serious?

We should be amazed they have anything at all.

Are you pro-Russia, or do you just hate the Brits, so distrust them by default?

Has there been another incident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Sure. But surveillance equipment is only good when you know who or what you're looking for.

These two guys entered and left the country before anyone even knew the Skripals had been poisoned.

London has one of the highest number of CCTVs in the world, if not the most surveyed city in the world. They knew where the victims travelled that day. Not too much of a chore to go through that surveillance. Also any one travelling from outside the EU into Britain would have their passports scanned. It took six months to come up with this ?

I'm not pro Britain or pro Russian, but thanks for asking

London has one of the highest number of CCTVs in the world, if not the most surveyed city in the world. They knew where the victims travelled that day. Not too much of a chore to go through that surveillance. Also any one travelling from outside the EU into Britain would have their passports scanned. It took six months to come up with this ?

Highest number of CCTV but it's mainly privately owned, inward facing, of varying quality, not joined up and not designed for any specific purpose beyond recording what's in front of it. They'd literally have to go door-to-door to gather most of the video and then go through it to weed out the useless stuff. 6 months sounds quick to me.

Edit: Best article I can find after 30s of looking: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/mar/02/cctv-cameras-watching-surveillance
    If you remember the jogger that tried to push a woman in front of a bus in London a while back, you might also remember that they never identified him, despite the apparent omniscient surveillance system.

London has one of the highest number of CCTVs in the world, if not the most surveyed city in the world. They knew where the victims travelled that day. Not too much of a chore to go through that surveillance.

except the victims were not in London. They were in salisbury. So the police have to go through all the footage from salisbury and somehow try to pick out a suspect or suspects without knowing who it is they are looking for. and once they have found a suspect they have to trawl through thousands of cameras to find out their movements in the time preceding the attack. That sounds like a chore to me. Perhaps you have some expert knowledge you would like to share? Watching every episode of CSI does not count as expert knowledge btw.

Also any one travelling from outside the EU into Britain would have their passports scanned. It took six months to come up with this ?

How does this help on its own? They had no idea the attackers came from outside the EU and if they were looking for someone from outside the EU they did not know when they came into the UK. Do you have any idea how many million non-eu visitors arrive in the UK every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

xckjoo wrote: »
    If you remember the jogger that tried to push a woman in front of a bus in London a while back, you might also remember that they never identified him, despite the apparent omniscient surveillance system.

All just part of the British deep state plot to trick you, you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

If they were genuine GRU professionals they would have entered the UK from another EU country, the list is endless, the Channel tunnel, France, Netherlands, Belgium, the Rep of Ireland, Northern Ireland, flying to London from Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania would raise little suspicion with millions from those countries resident in the UK. No, these two "hit men" :D entered the UK from ....... Moscow!!
    This stuff is even funnier than Austin Powers!

"Not too much of a chore"? What are you basing that on?

They know where the victims went that day. But they don't know where or when they picked up the poison. They don't know if the victims crossed paths with the attackers or if the poison was left for them to find. In the latter case, if it was left for them to find, they don't know when and where it was left. Could it have been days before? Weeks before?

What use is going through the surveillance of the Skripal's movements when the attackers may not have been there for days?

I'm not sure what relevance scanning the passports has. These guys were travelling on fake passports. Just two Russians entering the UK on holiday, indistinguishable from the 200 other innocent Russians they shared the flight with.

You seem to have this belief that there's a big "24"-esque control room somewhere where people can bash a few keys on their keyboard and instantly bring up CCTV feeds from any camera and have a computer analyse it and enhance it in real time.

They know where the victims went that day. But they don't know where or when they picked up the poison. They don't know if the victims crossed paths with the attackers or if the poison was left for them to find. In the latter case, if it was left for them to find, they don't know when and where it was left. Could it have been days before? Weeks before?

What use is going through the surveillance of the Skripal's movements when the attackers may not have been there for days?

I'm not sure what relevance scanning the passports has. These guys were travelling on fake passports. Just two Russians entering the UK on holiday, indistinguishable from the 200 other innocent Russians they shared the flight with.

You seem to have this belief that there's a big "24"-esque control room somewhere where people can bash a few keys on their keyboard and instantly bring up CCTV feeds from any camera and have a computer analyse it and enhance it in real time.

"Enhance the image and zoom in"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 arcticthistle

Well they had the Parsons Green train bomber in the bag the very next day. They can track football hooligans in real time on match days.

For anybody who is interested the photographs of the two guys arriving at Gatwick are available on the Met's website. As a newcomer I can't post links but this might get around it:

news.met.police.uk/images/cctv1-equals-image-of-petrov-at-gatwick-airport-at-15-00hrs-on-02-march-2018-1407995

AND

news.met.police.uk/images/cctv2-equals-image-of-boshirov-at-gatwick-airport-at-15-00hrs-on-02-march-2018-1407997

just put http colon slash slash in front.

If anybody else wants to post the full link to these to make it convenient for other then go for it.

Well they had the Parsons Green train bomber in the bag the very next day. They can track football hooligans in real time on match days.
    Right. Because they know what they're looking for, when they're looking for it and where they're looking for it.

It was probably several weeks, if not 2-3 months before they had enough information to know to even narrow the search down to these two guys.

• Advertisement

Well it kinda helps when you know exactly when and where something happens if you want to track the suspect. In the skripal case they did not know either of these two pieces of information to any high degree of certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Billy86 wrote: »
    Some people will believe literally anything so long as "their side" tells them to.

It's funny after months of "where is the video evidence? The UK is full of cameras so if this was Russia they would have video evidence" just how predictable it was that the line would immediately change to "the video evidence is fake because of course!" though.

The goalposts have moved out of the country at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If they were genuine GRU professionals they would have entered the UK from another EU country, the list is endless, the Channel tunnel, France, Netherlands, Belgium, the Rep of Ireland, Northern Ireland, flying to London from Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania would raise little suspicion with millions from those countries resident in the UK. No, these two "hit men" :D entered the UK from ....... Moscow!!
    This stuff is even funnier than Austin Powers!

How do you know this?

Well it kinda helps when you know exactly when and where something happens if you want to track the suspect. In the skripal case they did not know either of these two pieces of information to any high degree of certainty.

Anyway, did you look at the 2 photos of the guys arriving at Gatwick? Maybe you could post them up here.

Does not matter about flying from in or out of the EU, I think all non EU citizens have their passports scanned, at least this is what happens me at any country outside of the EU.

They were very quick to blame Russia for the attacks, so I presume they would have started looking at Russian passports coming in and out of the UK, starting with London Airports. Seems logical.

Anyway, did you look at the 2 photos of the guys arriving at Gatwick? Maybe you could post them up here.

they are available on the BBC. everybody who wants to see them has already seen them. what do you think is significant about them?

theimpossiblephoto.jpg

Does not matter about flying from in or out of the EU, I think all non EU citizens have their passports scanned, at least this is what happens me at any country outside of the EU.

They were very quick to blame Russia for the attacks, so I presume they would have started looking at Russian passports coming in and out of the UK, starting with London Airports. Seems logical.

and what? they had no idea who they were looking for. They had no idea when they arrived in the country. It was only after they had trawled through the CCTV that they had an idea who they were looking for.

The most abused sentence in the English language these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

theimpossiblephoto.jpg

The timestamp is interesting how likely they were walking through the same space down to the second? Seems a big fail on whoever uploaded these images?

These could be two different walkthroughs, have to know where this in the airport?

Advertisement