Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kevhoran

HI @Macaroon - did the 2 - 2.5 month wait to sign contracts affect the fitting of appliances in the kitchen? According to the website they are supplied/fitted subject to signing in 21 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Macaroon

kevhoran wrote: »
    HI @Macaroon - did the 2 - 2.5 month wait to sign contracts affect the fitting of appliances in the kitchen? According to the website they are supplied/fitted subject to signing in 21 days.

The 21 days is from when your solicitor receives the contracts, not from when you put the deposit down. It was approx 2 months before our solicitor got the contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bluegrace

@Macaroon - do you know if they deliver on the white goods if it happens to be past 21 days? For example, I hear their solicitors can be slow and hold things up as a result. in this case, would it interfere with receiving the kitchen appliances ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 New2018

Hi just wondering if anyone has been sent the map of houses that are for sale in phase 2.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Missy28

New2018 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has been sent the map of houses that are for sale in phase 2.
    Thanks

No not yet hope to receive something this week. Will call them tomorrow to see how they're fixed after the bad weather.

• Advertisement

Can I ask what time frame people were given for the build from phase 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gorman120392

Hi everyone - We purchased in Phase 1 and seem to have been in a similar position to you all looking to buy in phase very little information available.

The launched there website and broucher in the run up to the first launch so we could see houses available in phase 1 - Leahy's estate agents could tell me much more information than Savills.

We qued as we had our eye on one of the detached and there was only one of its kind in the first phase... we started 'queing'/hanging around the site talking to the security guys from the Tuesday before the Saturday launch and on the Wednesday evening a man came down to us took out details and told us we were 3rd in the que for Saturday and asked us to leave for health and safety - I think he knew we were willing to wait all week. On the Saturday morning we arrived at 7am to the site and true to their word we got our number 3 when they gave numbers to everyone else.

People were called in in 2s to the marketing suite to pick there house.

We went with our deposit in a bank draft, help to buy approval and proof of funds which wasn't even mortgage approval in principle.

We were told to expect the contracts in 1 week as someone mentioned about it was 2.5months later and we were really concerned about appliances etc but the estate agents after many calls confirmed there was delays with the builders (As his was first phase I wouldn't expect that to happen again).

At this point we paid the remainder of the 10% of property price.

Our completion date was expected March but we have yet to receive official confirmation butbhave been told a significant delay and approx new date of May/June but others on our road, the avenue have been told August and ours hasn't even got windows plaster boards up.

Hopefully this will help answer some questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kevhoran

Hi Gorman120392

Thanks for the info - did you actually 'queue' overnight from the Tuesday? Were there many others out too? Curious how the queuing works – Are you parked up or sitting out on camping chairs?

Hope you get in soon.
    Hi everyone - We purchased in Phase 1 and seem to have been in a similar position to you all looking to buy in phase very little information available.

The launched there website and broucher in the run up to the first launch so we could see houses available in phase 1 - Leahy's estate agents could tell me much more information than Savills.

We qued as we had our eye on one of the detached and there was only one of its kind in the first phase... we started 'queing'/hanging around the site talking to the security guys from the Tuesday before the Saturday launch and on the Wednesday evening a man came down to us took out details and told us we were 3rd in the que for Saturday and asked us to leave for health and safety - I think he knew we were willing to wait all week. On the Saturday morning we arrived at 7am to the site and true to their word we got our number 3 when they gave numbers to everyone else.

People were called in in 2s to the marketing suite to pick there house.

We went with our deposit in a bank draft, help to buy approval and proof of funds which wasn't even mortgage approval in principle.

We were told to expect the contracts in 1 week as someone mentioned about it was 2.5months later and we were really concerned about appliances etc but the estate agents after many calls confirmed there was delays with the builders (As his was first phase I wouldn't expect that to happen again).

At this point we paid the remainder of the 10% of property price.

Our completion date was expected March but we have yet to receive official confirmation butbhave been told a significant delay and approx new date of May/June but others on our road, the avenue have been told August and ours hasn't even got windows plaster boards up.

Hopefully this will help answer some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gorman120392

No we didn't stay over night the security guys told us no one else has been up we live local so we went off. They had barriers up along the path outside the marketing suite so we couldn't wait during the day with all of the deliveries coming in so went back on the Wednesday evening and parked on the road - which was slightly blocking the road and slightly dangerous so I think that's why they sent someone down to us.

Not sure they'll do it again and not sure if others got numbers that way.
    Hi Gorman120392

Thanks for the info - did you actually 'queue' overnight from the Tuesday? Were there many others out too? Curious how the queuing works – Are you parked up or sitting out on camping chairs?

Hope you get in soon.

No we didn't stay over night the security guys told us no one else has been up we live local so we went off. They had barriers up along the path outside the marketing suite so we couldn't wait during the day with all of the deliveries coming in so went back on the Wednesday evening and parked on the road - which was slightly blocking the road and slightly dangerous so I think that's why they sent someone down to us.

Not sure they'll do it again and not sure if others got numbers that way.

Thanks a mill for all that detail really appreciate it. Unfortunately there's not much other info out there except for here, they've posted 2 pics on their instagram think they're drip feeding to build suspense? Of which it's working as I'm dying to see show houses especially having to wait and extra week w the snow.
    So down at the marketing suite is where you were, was it late at night or more so evening?
    When you say number, you were garanteed to be 3rd and you got sorted fairly quickly on the morning? Was there crowds there?
    Sorry for more questions just trying to gauge how the morning could go.

I had called them last week pre bad weather and Savills said no queuing that they would turn people away and theyre not giving any tickets altho she probably felt she had to say that.

Thanks again ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Jigg79

Hi Gorman120392

Hope you get in soon.

Hi Kevhoran

I queued on the Friday evening before the Saturday launch. I just pulled in to the ground beside the security hut and the guy told me that I'd be there for the night. He even pointed out the toilets that I could use. :)

I was only willing to stay a few hours but after a couple of hours a guy from Castlethorn arrived and gave me and a few others a number each to come back at 9am the next day.

I only done that as I was looking at other developments and showing up early and yet I was way down the list when given a number. So unfortunately you kinda need to do that.

We still had to wait a good hour or so on the Saturday so that gave us more time to decide on house. We hadn't seen the layout before then, just house types. I'm sure it will be similar for phase 2 launch.

The 10k is fully refundable if you change your mind. Like others have said, I only had approval in principal. Most people would be the same I'd imagine as most mortgages only give you 6 months to drawdown once fully approved. So I'd have had to reapply anyway because it would have expired.

Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Jigg79 wrote: »
    Hi Kevhoran

I queued on the Friday evening before the Saturday launch. I just pulled in to the ground beside the security hut and the guy told me that I'd be there for the night. He even pointed out the toilets that I could use. :)

I was only willing to stay a few hours but after a couple of hours a guy from Castlethorn arrived and gave me and a few others a number each to come back at 9am the next day.

I only done that as I was looking at other developments and showing up early and yet I was way down the list when given a number. So unfortunately you kinda need to do that.

We still had to wait a good hour or so on the Saturday so that gave us more time to decide on house. We hadn't seen the layout before then, just house types. I'm sure it will be similar for phase 2 launch.

The 10k is fully refundable if you change your mind. Like others have said, I only had approval in principal. Most people would be the same I'd imagine as most mortgages only give you 6 months to drawdown once fully approved. So I'd have had to reapply anyway because it would have expired.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi Jigg79 - does that mean you and others with tickets got in before the official launch time or dd they launch at 9am? Thanks a mil for all the info you've shared - just trying to prepare myself too!

Hey climber59,

The official launch time advertised for that last day was 11am but they told us to be there from 9am. By the time they were ready to open it was close to 11am in anycase but i think they were having issues with power in the marketing suite that caused the delay.

I would say as a minimum be there a few hours before 2pm to have any chance of getting a low number.
    Regards,
    John

Super - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LKJ80

Still no sign of house plans of what is being sold? I am baffled as to how this launch is going to work. Apparently  No queuing allowed, no ticket system and potentially no site plans of what housing they are selling. While i have a rough idea, it would still be good to see on paper, particularly as there are loads of different price options for similar house types. Anyone have any further info?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

I have bought a house in the neighbouring St. Helens development 2 weeks ago.
    As far as I remember 99% of the houses were sold within 1 hour.
    Started queueing on Thursday night and was sent home by site security and told to come back next day.
    Came back queueing Friday morning and met fellow buyers. One of them contacted the estate agent and we were asked to go to the marketing suite to get a ticket. They had a very limited amount of tickets but were giving them out in order to avoid overnight queueing.
    Came back Saturday morning around 8ish and there were about 10-15 people queueing who had created their own list. Some of them were queueing since Friday late night. Had to break the news to them that they weren't first in the queue.
    They were obviously disappointed but we were all in good spirits.

EA crew arrived at around 10:30 am to set up everything. There were two queues one with the tickets from Friday and the rest who started queueing Friday night/Saturday morning. We were called in by our ticket number and everything was orderly.

About 6 of us were waiting in the living room at a time and were shown the site map.

Then we were called (2 set of people at a time) into the kitchen where they had two site maps in total on opposite walls.
    There was one agent per couple/buyer who was giving us the prices for each house on the map. A good few houses (the cheapest ones ) were already gone. Giving the other buyer in the same room at the same time had to make a very quick decision in order to secure a house (it took us 2.5 minutes ). We were then send up upstairs into the sales office where they were taking our details and booking deposit.

Afaik the same crowd is looking after Somerton so it could be similar.
    From my own experience and other people that I know I can safely say that you have to be on the ball if you want to buy a new built house in Dublin under €330k as there is very strong competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bluegrace

MSVforever wrote: »
    I have bought a house in the neighbouring St. Helens development 2 weeks ago.
    As far as I remember 99% of the houses were sold within 1 hour.
    Started queueing on Thursday night and was sent home by site security and told to come back next day.
    Came back queueing Friday morning and met fellow buyers. One of them contacted the estate agent and we were asked to go to the marketing suite to get a ticket. They had a very limited amount of tickets but were giving them out in order to avoid overnight queueing.
    Came back Saturday morning around 8ish and there were about 10-15 people queueing who had created their own list. Some of them were queueing since Friday late night. Had to break the news to them that they weren't first in the queue.
    They were obviously disappointed but we were all in good spirits.

EA crew arrived at around 10:30 am to set up everything. There were two queues one with the tickets from Friday and the rest who started queueing Friday night/Saturday morning. We were called in by our ticket number and everything was orderly.

About 6 of us were waiting in the living room at a time and were shown the site map.

Then we were called (2 set of people at a time) into the kitchen where they had two site maps in total on opposite walls.
    There was one agent per couple/buyer who was giving us the prices for each house on the map. A good few houses (the cheapest ones ) were already gone. Giving the other buyer in the same room at the same time had to make a very quick decision in order to secure a house (it took us 2.5 minutes ). We were then send up upstairs into the sales office where they were taking our details and booking deposit.

Afaik the same crowd is looking after Somerton so it could be similar.
    From my own experience and other people that I know I can safely say that you have to be on the ball if you want to buy a new built house in Dublin under €330k as there is very strong competition.

Hi there,

The demand is there for sure!

I think phase two might differ as they have a show village.

My partner just got off the phone with Leahy. They said that the site plan is confirmed and has gone to print. It should be online either later today or tomorrow. So fingers crossed!

They said that there's absolutely no queueing allowed until the site closes on Friday due to health and safety. After that he said people can do what they want but they won't be managing the queue in any way or giving out tickets.

He called Savills as well just to check and they said the same thing.

Still waiting impatiently on an email from estate agents with info and phase 2 map.
    Anyone else hear anything yet?

plan.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for this. Was it sent to u today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Pictures are now up on DAFT. I think I prefer the house style in Shackleton, certainly better value. Both are on view this weekend so will be interesting to make a direct comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

We got one of the Blackthorn 3 bed terraced houses today. €340k. This one was south facing so not sure if this incurred an extra cost because of this.
    Lot's of people there today. Most oblivious to the fact there was tickets handed out yesterday from Leahy office in Adamstown.

Big demand for Ash type house. Only 6 of these on sale. We were number 22 and by the time we got in all the Ash houses were gone. If I was to gues I'd say there was at least 60-70 interested people/couples there by 2pm(showing actually started at 12pm).

There was 3 Blackthorn houses on sale from the previous phase at €325k. These didn't have the living room open into the kitchen.

We were told these should be ready by November but judging by the previous phase i'd say you can easily tack on another 3 months.

We got one of the Blackthorn 3 bed terraced houses today. €340k. This one was south facing so not sure if this incurred an extra cost because of this.
    Lot's of people there today. Most oblivious to the fact there was tickets handed out yesterday from Leahy office in Adamstown.

Big demand for Ash type house. Only 6 of these on sale. We were number 22 and by the time we got in all the Ash houses were gone. If I was to gues I'd say there was at least 60-70 interested people/couples there by 2pm(showing actually started at 12pm).

There was 3 Blackthorn houses on sale from the previous phase at €325k. These didn't have the living room open into the kitchen.

We were told these should be ready by November but judging by the previous phase i'd say you can easily tack on another 3 months.

Guessing you’re our new neighbor so! We got a mid Blackthorn with a south facing garden too.

The queueing/ticketing was a bit crazy but so delighted to have secured a house! There were a lot of disappointed people this morning though.

We got number 10!

Yeah, half the people we spoke to in the queue this morning hadn't a clue what we were talking about when we mentioned tickets.

It's not a great system but then again, how do you manage it.
    They don't want people out camping overnight, i'm sure there's some liability/insurance reason there.

I also have to mention that the team(savills/leahy) were all quite prepared and everything seemed to go quite smooth. So fair play to them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

We were number 13 in the queue. We got an end terraced house north east facing. Would’ve be great if it was south facing but we were told we will get some light because detached across the road from us won’t block the sun. We had 3 options in mind which I think house hunters should have when looking at new builds because we got our third option and we’re very happy. We look forward to meeting our neighbours later this year!

Yeah we spent half the queue talking about it and there just isn’t any fair way to do it I think. Today went so smoothly and they were true to their word about the tickets so fair play.

We’re number 4!

It's such a relief that's it's all done now.
    I do think that Somerton for me is the most appealing development in the area.

Adamstown is nice but a little too far from Lucan for me.
    I don't like the fact that Shackleton is down some dodgy lane. They still had 3 and 4 beds left after first weekend, to me that says a lot.

From what I've seen, i'd say all 3 beds in Somerton from this phase are already gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

It's such a relief that's it's all done now.
    I do think that Somerton for me is the most appealing development in the area.

Adamstown is nice but a little too far from Lucan for me.
    I don't like the fact that Shackleton is down some dodgy lane. They still had 3 and 4 beds left after first weekend, to me that says a lot.

From what I've seen, i'd say all 3 beds in Somerton from this phase are already gone.

Welcome to Lucan All, hope ye love it. The lane down to Shackleton will be wider as working on it.

Nice running club across the road and new proper track currently going down:)

• Advertisement

Yep totally agree with all of that - we were thinking exactly along the same lines. We’ve been holding out for Somerton so really glad it worked out. It’s all a bit surreal still, can’t believe it’s all over!

Advertisement