Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Win a pair of VIP passes for Taste of Dublin this Thursday!

Options
  • 12-06-2017 11:42am
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Taste of Dublin have kindly given us two pairs of VIP passes to the festival in Iveagh Gardens on Thursday 15 June, 17.30-22.30.

[URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/409357/419686.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The VIP packs each include an entry ticket, a VIP wristband and a VIP lanyard for access to the Champagne Taittinger VIP Suite in association with Celebrity Cruises. Each lanyard contains a voucher for a complimentary Dublin Amber Pale Ale, a luxury Lindt chocolate and a glass of Champagne Taittinger!

You can see what chefs and restaurants are taking part on the day as well as what Taste Experiences will be there on their website here: https://dublin.tastefestivals.com/

To be in with a chance to win a pair of VIP tickets, please post below telling us what your favourite dish to cook or eat is. Posts in this forum need to be approved so don't worry if your post doesn't display right away!

The two winners will be chosen at random on Wednesday afternoon and will need to collect tickets from Boards HQ in Dublin 2 before the event. It's about a 10 minute stroll from us to Iveagh Gardens.

Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Favourite one has to be homemade deep dish pepperoni pizza cooked in a skillet. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thebammer

My favourite dish to make and also eat is Salmon en Cro?te with dill. I first made it in Home Economics class in Transition Year and it's a winner to this day, some 20 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

I love making curry, we all love spicy food here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Love to make and eat lasagne. Its a bit of work but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

My new favourite is a big bowl of strawberries, a few tablespoons of greek yoghurt (coconut flavour works well) and a smidge of honey - delish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Owenita

That would be Huevos Rancheros - first had eggs with hot green chillies for breakfast at a fiesta in Albuquerque USA - let's put it this way... it wakes you up alright!

Love to make my own versions of Bolognese. Lots of garlic and beautiful fresh herbs, let it all simmer and soak up flavours , serve with pasta and crispy fresh bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Love garlic chicken and penne pasta, fry chicken in two cloves of pasta, add onions, mushrooms and carrots - saute in fresh cream and pour over penne, sprinkle with cheese if you wish - simple 10 minute dish for the whole family! Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Home made Bolognese! oh the TASTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shivie

My hubbys fillet steak with all the trimmings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cbee20

My favourite is chicken curry with lots of pineapple and sultanas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Diet Coke chicken, bit with real coke instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Slow roast Persian lamb with cumin spiced baby potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

My favourite dish to cook is a creamy tarragon chicken pasta. It's really quick and simple but tastes amazing. It's also one of my favourites because I learned to cook it from the best chef I know-my Grandad.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Slow cooked roast beef, baby carrots and new potatoes with a big knob of butter........I'm getting hungry now......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Guinness braised beef, followed by Guinness ice cream.
    Or Irish stew and HB vanilla with a pint of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciaraomalley

A Thai Massaman curry 😠Would be great to see if 'Experience Thailand' at Taste had one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

My favourite dish to cook is Shepard's Pie from a recipe by my Mother. It's perfect comfort food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stop5car

my favourite dish is baked salmon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Homemade pasta carbonara! Very very simple and very tasty dish!

Unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

I love to cook schezeun chicken with cashew nuts lots of chopping and measuring involved but so worth it for the end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

Moroccan lamb

seafood paella nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭jhansynk10

Seafood Risotta with extra haddock for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Beef rendang - nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fuzzy_d2

Seafood Paella , pure bliss to eat and fun to cook

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

You just can't beat a Sunday roast - what we all head home for! A few slices of roast beef, crispy roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, carrots, peas and broccoli and all lathered in thick smooth gravy. Heartwarming and comforting food is what it's all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

I love to make a spicy flavourful Thai green curry packed full of crisp veg with fragrant basmati rice....reminds me of travelling in Thailand and it's so quick and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

My favourite dish to cook is mushroom risotto. I don't always get it right and it's a work in progress, but I always feel proud of the result :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Pulled pork burgers....leave the shoulder of pork in the slow cooker for the day....its only 11.05am now and my mouth is watering thinking about it :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement