Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I the only Blackberry mobile user in Ireland?

• 22-01-2015 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Am currently using Blackberry Z10.went to mobile shop, nobody sells new ones! Most shops don't sell covers for Blackberrys, in a recent enough poll on boards.ie I was the only person 'admitting' that I used a Blackberry. (Phone shop however said they would get them for a Corporate order of say 500 handsets!).... Am I the last Blackberry user in Ireland?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Should be in the Zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

kneemos wrote: »
    Should be in the Zoo.

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Not2Good wrote: »
    ?????

Haha endangered like the panda.

They going to find the
    Other only user and force yous to
    mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

?????

Endangered species.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

?????

You're an endangered species.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mmmmmmh, Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

what's a BlackBerry??? 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Hi Dad didn't realise you posted on boards.(has to be you as surely no one else has a BlackBerry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Am currently using Blackberry Z10.went to mobile shop, nobody sells new ones! Most shops don't sell covers for Blackberrys, in a recent enough poll on boards.ie I was the only person 'admitting' that I used a Blackberry. (Phone shop however said they would get them for a Corporate order of say 500 handsets!).... Am I the last Blackberry user in Ireland?!

Have an iPhone 5 at the moment and really miss my old blackberry :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Endangered species?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

kneemos wrote: »
    Should be in the Zoo.

Cause they're animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1 veronica62

Yes!

So you are all in favour of keeping the Blackberry alive? Great, the Z10 is at least comparible to the iPhone 4S my last phone...
    Haha endangered like the panda.

They going to find the
    Other only user and force yous to
    mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I had a few before my Sony Xperia. I really like them :) would get one again but I'm loving this one now.

Yeah, son, will you be. My pal in the facebook thingy?!
    Hi Dad didn't realise you posted on boards.(has to be you as surely no one else has a BlackBerry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've a Nokia 5310i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Have one for work. TERRIBLETERRIBLETERRIBLETERRIBLETERRIBLE. You see what you did, you went and opened up all that frustration that I've been bottling up. No apps, internet crashes, randomly locks and/or shuts itself down. Takes 5 minutes (literally, this is not a turn of phrase, I timed it) to turn on after it randomly turns off. The battery sucks big time, I think because of all the random things it does, such as turning on wifi hotspots. There is nothing worse, I would be better off with two cups and a long piece of string

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Yeah, son, will you be. My pal in the facebook thingy?!

Friend request accepted.
    Now you can check out all my pics of me puking on nights out and groping girls and sticking my fingers up at the camera. You will be so proud.

Thats my boy, will pass on pics to your aunts and cousins... does anyone know how to do this on a Blackberry??!!
    Friend request accepted.
    Now you can check out all my pics of me puking on nights out and groping girls and sticking my fingers up at the camera. You will be so proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It started as a corporate tool and it's moving back that way. It's use by teenagers was an aberration which they followed to their detriment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Look Son,

the past!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Unless you're my ma, you're not the only one.

Otherwise, hi Mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I used one for years. It was the only supported platform for accessing corporate email and Bloomberg. Quite liked it. IT now let us use Apple or Samsung phones so there is that choice. Wouldn't go back at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Well vodafone are selling these. Just walk into those random 'local' phone-shops that kinda look after what you need, even those once off items and you'll be grand :)

Cheers thanks,I had only tried O2 and Carphone warehouse since I was an O2 customer but out of contract 1 Apr so could switch phone provider if latest Blackberry is gpod, thsnks for the info, N2G
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    Well vodafone are selling these. Just walk into those random 'local' phone-shops that kinda look after what you need, even those once off items and you'll be grand :)

Is the Sony Xperia worth changing to so? For Emails and internet? Cheers...
    I had a few before my Sony Xperia. I really like them :) would get one again but I'm loving this one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

When I was a kid, they used to grow on trees (or at least, hedges).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do you know someone has a blackberry?

They post a thread about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

ankles wrote: »
    There is nothing worse, I would be better off with two cups and a long piece of string
    I laughed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

When I started work here all the execs had them as company phones. I really wanted one. Had a big case of phone envy. Now it's years later they and all use iPhone's. I really hope they don't make me use one.

Advertisement