Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I the only Blackberry mobile user in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Haha endangered like the panda.

They going to find the
    Other only user and force yous to
    mate.

That's a lie. They never force sex on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Just like the Pandas, the Blackberry is very misunderstood and underestimated, encryption ( the Blackberry not the Panda) is so good Hear that the US govt issued it to CIA, FBI etc recently and this huge contract saved the Blackberry Makers, and no, I'm not their safe house keeper in Ireland, thank you very much, sorry hold on.... 'The Guest ' has just arrived ..... 'the pigeon is in the loft...' . Er I mean, I have to go....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Haha endangered like the panda
    And running scared
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30932399
    App makers should be required to make software for Blackberry handsets, says the boss of the phone company.

In an open letter to members of the US Congress, John Chen said rivals should be obliged to make their widely used apps available on Blackberry handsets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Ah, so there are two possibly three Blackberry users all over 18 in Ireland (32 Counties may I add) , I feel another forum being created, 'The Blackberry User' forum …
    Unless you're my ma, you're not the only one.

Otherwise, hi Mammy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

That, boys and girls, is what a death rattle sounds like. Talk about desperation.

BB, like Nokia, rested on their laurels for too long. They'd cornered the corporate market, largely thanks to their interoperability with MS exchange, then sat on their fat arses. Then the iPhone came out. And then Android. And then they, just like Nokia's Symbian, looked really, really dated.

But instead of fixing the problem, they decided to diversify into the youth market. Then back to corporate. All a bit like rearranging the deckchairs on the deck of the Titanic, TBH.

In fairness, I expected them to go pop by Q1 2014, so they've done well. Can't be long now.

Hush now Blackberry... just close your eyes and fall asleep...

• Advertisement
Advertisement