Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish W****

• 02-02-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm bringing this up again....but its not to start a row or an anti /pro government/rights or wrongs of the thing.....its because i'm confused as f*ck about what they are doing now. Maybe one of you good AH'ers can explain...

so...today was to be the deadline to register to be able to be claim the conservation grant.

BUT- the good peeps at IW seem to have come out today to say you dont need to register by today to be able to claim this grant.....and now the website also says you have till april to register to be billed correctly.

wtf is going on???? It seems everytime they give out any information they backtrack and give different information 5 mins later

Can somebody please explain what the correct information is??
    1- when to be registered for IW
    2- when to be registered to be able to claim the conservation grant.

yours sincerely

one extremely confused punter

***whether i do or dont decide to pay the bill if & when it arrives is a completely seperate thread/topic/discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

1 iw is todat
    2 grant whenever you feel likw it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Steppenwolfe

This:

"The minister said if customers wanted an accurate bill then they should register by tonight, otherwise a default bill of €260 per year would be sent out.
    Mr Kelly told RTE's Six One that tonight's deadline was an administrative date for Irish Water to start the billing process.
    He said that if customers registered at a later date and were overcharged, a rebate would be available.
    The minister said he expected the majority of customers to have registered by tonight or in the near future.
    He added that customers who did not register would be charged the standard fee of €260 for a household of two or more adults.
    "Today is not a line in the sand. I've already said previously in the last few weeks, it's not a drop dead date," he added.
    "What we're really trying to tell people is that if they're not registered by today, there's no guarantee that your bill will be accurate when they come out in April, May or June of this year."
    Mr Kelly said householders who wished to receive the €100 Water Conservation Grant would have to register and there would be a separate administrative deadline in relation to that in the summer."

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grogsy

I'd also like to know if there is any catch to registering with Irish Water for the new €100 water conservation grant when you’ve got your own well so will not be getting billed for water? The only info they’re looking for is name & address and confirmation that you have your own well. My partner is worried that in the long run, by registering with them, we'll get charged for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

The grant is just to reel the suckers in and from the figures IW themselves have released it looks like it's totally failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

You could have registered in the time it took you to write your post. You do know it's possibke to register before the deadline date!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I'm not registering on the promise of a grant. There has been no concrete information on this grant and you can't even apply for it yet.

They also changed the billing so the pack they sent last year is out of date. They never sent a new registration pack. It's all a joke. Maybe if they new what they were doing I might register.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Grogsy wrote: »
    I'd also like to know if there is any catch to registering with Irish Water for the new €100 water conservation grant when you’ve got your own well so will not be getting billed for water? The only info they’re looking for is name & address and confirmation that you have your own well. My partner is worried that in the long run, by registering with them, we'll get charged for something.

A free 100 quid...or is it?

There does seem to be concrete info on the grant generally online, for example, on moneyguideireland.com and welfare.ie (sorry, Boards won't allow me to post the direct links). But my partner is paranoid that it's all a scam to catch you later. But how can that be if you have your own well and septic tank? Even if they ever attempted some time down the line to charge you having your own well, you can just ignore them surely? It's not like they can remove your well, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

If you register you get charged €160.

If you don't, you get charged nothing.
    No bill, no service reduction, no prosecution.

They cut their own throats last October by making nonregistration consequence free.
    The constantly expanding deadlines just make them look weaker.

If you register you get charged €160.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but you're currently not charged no matter what, if you have your own well and septic tank. That's my situation, so I can't see why I shouldn't register to get the grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Not sure if this was directed at me, but you're currently not charged no matter what, if you have your own well and septic tank. That's my situation, so I can't see why I shouldn't register to get the grant.

No, it was in general.

Not specific to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

All around where I live meters were installed outside each house. They spent weeks in my town. Funnily enough they pulled out before installing any on my road which has around 13 houses. I've never received one piece of information in the post about meter charges. Anyone else like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

All around where I live meters were installed outside each house. They spent weeks in my town. Funnily enough they pulled out before installing any on my road which has around 13 houses. I've never received one piece of information in the post about meter charges. Anyone else like this

There isn't a meter charge for the next several years,it's a flat rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

There does seem to be concrete info on the grant generally online, for example, on moneyguideireland.com and welfare.ie (sorry, Boards won't allow me to post the direct links). But my partner is paranoid that it's all a scam to catch you later. But how can that be if you have your own well and septic tank?

I predict a well NCT and a water improvement charge to ensure you are fleeced our waterways stay clean and pure.........
    Tell the fuckers nothing.
    They paid 50 million for consultants and now want you to do the work for them.
    Get ta fuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

€100 water conservation grant but a flat fee so we can leave taps running day and night and get paid for saving water!

Tenants will pay but in a house of several flats with only one supply???

That is why they want people to register, they plan on changing their charging model from each supply/meter to charging every person stupid enough to register!

They also muddled up everythin about landlords and put out sound bites about attachments to property and liens on property to make landlords be their debt collectors!

Currently irish water are the biggest pack of wasters in the country bar none! Overpopulated by at least 2000 staff dumped by every other state and semistate company/office! No wonder irish water is such a mess the place is flooded with incompetence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You'll get charged €260 from Irish Water (if 2+ adults) no matter what. The €100 grant will be obtained from the DSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

we should build a lego house, lock ourselves in it an survive solely on pancakes forvever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Late last year IW sent me a letter telling me that the whole charging thing had changed. They told me I could still register using the PIN and some other number that they sent previously. Problem is that I never received anything from them before that letter.

The incompetence is (almost) unbelievable.

They'll get no information from me. Not a scrap. :mad:

we should build a lego house, lock ourselves in it an survive solely on pancakes forvever.

There's always a window,door or ridge tile missing on Lego houses. Very hard to get them in a single colour also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

As mentioned previous, discussion of IW related issues takes place outside of After Hours. There is a thread in Politics Cafe.

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement