Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ANTS!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

We were unwilling hosts to a massive ant orgy during the hot weather last year. There were literal millions of flying ants on the patio. A quick google came up with talcum powder as a solution. I laid a firewall along the back door, made a big pentagram for luck and deployed the rest liberally around the patio. They were gone within 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I petrol bombed mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

kowloon wrote: »
    them-movie-poster-1954-1020544319.jpg

Pretty sure the big one on the left is Beasty

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Moggaman

Are these Ant hills does anyone know. Home from holidays and there they were. We have seen ants recently . Have ye any advice please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Snakes eat ants, so release a bunch around the back garden and they should clear em in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Last week (on international flying ant day, or somesuch), a 50mile wide swarm that pinged weather radar, was heading to these Islands, from France.
    Nothing to worry about:

YLZ4XbS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fair few of these, so called, “flants” about this evening. Very annoying.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i had a lad come out and fumigate the place - worked wonders. mating season so the queens and males come up from underground, out into yer house and then fly. they arent even after food.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,027 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Single file, one after another.
    Ehh everyone knows that ants go marching two by two!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Moggaman wrote: »
    Are these Ant hills does anyone know. Home from holidays and there they were. We have seen ants recently . Have ye any advice please.

Most definitely ant hills

• Advertisement
Advertisement