Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst grub you've had out?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Paris about 10 years ago, we schlepped across the city to a Macrobiotic restaurant one of the girls wanted to try.

awful doesn't begin to describe it. it wasn't food, it was what food eats. I think we had to go somewhere else afterwards, we were still hungry. The poor girl has never lived it down ands it's now the benchmark for rubbish food in our circle

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭conor2469

The worst I ever had was TGI Fridays in Dundrum, Was brought to a dirty table with dirty cutlery. Left waiting 25 minutes, the dinner eventually came out cold on a dirty plate, greasy, tough chicken and horrible cold pasta. Staff were non existent.

Like previous posters mentioned the Blue bar in Skerries has terrible service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 coffeeandgolf

Worst was in Appleby's - rubber chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A hotel in Killarney. We drove out there and there wasn't a soul inside the place, dead as anything. I had a woeful hangover and had the munchies to match. I ordered an omelette. It took them the better half of 45 minutes to bring it out and on the plate lay a yellow mess lying in pools of grease. No matter the fact I was starving, I couldn't eat it. It was appalling beyond belief. One of the easiest things to prepare no customers there and this is what I'm dealing with. I was then charged 15 euros. If I had had a clearer head I would have refused to pay but I just wanted to get away from the place as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Good salad was ruined by being served with a fly perched on top of it :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Saw this the other day & thought it'd be handy info to hang on to for the year ahead.

It's a list of Michelin 2017’s Eating Out in Pubs Guide.

Wexford
    Lobster Pot (Carne)

Off topic, but anyone know how to pronounce "Carne" as a place in Ireland?
    Is it the same as Spanish/Portuguese.

Anyway, for me, Supermacs in Cobh. Ordered a battered fish dish as I guess the ocean air made me crave it, was atrocious. Worst thing I ever attempted to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

KungPao wrote: »
    Off topic, but anyone know how to pronounce "Carne" as a place in Ireland?
    Is it the same as Spanish/Portuguese.

Prounounced kern (cairn) locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

conor2469 wrote: »
    Like previous posters mentioned the Blue bar in Skerries has terrible service.

So bad. The place has an amazing location going for it. But the food is mediocre and seriously overpriced and the service is below average.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Over the past few months I have noticed how all the Chinese take aways around me just seem to be serving tasteless greasy cr@p and passing it off as food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Over the past few months I have noticed how all the Chinese take aways around me just seem to be serving tasteless greasy cr@p and passing it off as food.

A lot of Chinese places and non-national places for that matter pass tripe off as chicken, probably why it can be tasteless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Burger and chips in the great northern hotel in Bundoran the year before last. Burger was served on an unhygienic wooden board. Mass produced bun was dry and stale. There was nothing in the burger except for the meat and a manky slice of cheddar cheese that smelt like feet. Burger meat definitely had freezer burn or something, it was grey. Everything was tasteless, except for the frozen chips which tasted like burnt oil that needed to be changed, and raw potato. Oh, and the sachets of mayonnaise and ketchup were out of date. They wanted 12 quid, they got an earful. That place is pure mank, avoid.

Advertisement