Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sending eircom.net emails from Vodafone mobile

Options
  • 22-07-2018 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

How can I set up my phone to send emails from my eircom.net account? It says to to use network email but vodafone doesn't have email now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

On your phone , in the email account change its smtp for outgoing email to mail.vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭seekers

jamesd wrote: »
    On your phone , in the email account change its smtp for outgoing email to mail.vodafone.ie

Thank you, I have another problem that it can only send emails on the mobile data and not on Wi-Fi? Could you suggest a fix? It is puzzling me

my Eircom email account was original setup when they were no mobile devices around.

You can relay mail when using the Vodafone network, ie when using mail.vodafone.ie, though when you use another network, ie when on Wifi, you are then on another ISP, resulting that the outbound SMTP "mail.vodafone.ie" will not authenticate and thus not relay mail.

Quick fix, create a gmail account and forward all Eircom email to this account.
    On phone, then add this gmail account to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

seekers wrote: »
    Thank you, I have another problem that it can only send emails on the mobile data and not on Wi-Fi? Could you suggest a fix? It is puzzling me

You should have options to add 2nd and 3rd smtp's for outgoing mail, add in the one for the home WiFi and once it fails trying to get out via VF it will then try the 2nd and 3rd.

I actually did as the OP suggested too and setup a Gmail, told it to copy all my mail over from Eircom, then left it pulling the Eir over for me as it can do that and setup the gmail on my phone and use only gmail now for the last year and its much nicer than Eir and no hassle.

Advertisement