Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vitamin D - Lidl vs pharmacist

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Dtp1979 wrote:
    That’s only 3,500iu daily dose. That’s shocking expensive @ 14 a week. I take 5,000iu a day and it’s about €10 for the entire year

Is there a difference between eg Boots vitamin D and the prescription one GPS recommend which are vastly more expensive. Dosage being equal of course

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    That’s only 3,500iu daily dose. That’s shocking expensive @ 14 a week. I take 5,000iu a day and it’s about €10 for the entire year

It is mad expensive but its €14 for 4 weeks not one. Plus the second month I didnt pay for due to being over the spending limit but I agree its mad money. I said so when I got them first.

I`m just following the GPs prescription until I get tested again. If I do have to introduce a vitamin D supplement into my diet long term I will definitely be look for cheaper alternatives. I`m sure my GP wouldnt put me on this particular one long term anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

seefin wrote: »
    Is there a difference between eg Boots vitamin D and the prescription one GPS recommend which are vastly more expensive. Dosage being equal of course

Honestly I don’t know if there are grades to it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

adox wrote: »
    It is mad expensive but its €14 for 4 weeks not one. Plus the second month I didnt pay for due to being over the spending limit but I agree its mad money. I said so when I got them first.

I`m just following the GPs prescription until I get tested again. If I do have to introduce a vitamin D supplement into my diet long term I will definitely be look for cheaper alternatives. I`m sure my GP wouldnt put me on this particular one long term anyway.

Have a chat with your pharmacist about cheaper options.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Have a chat with your pharmacist about cheaper options.

I will do for sure if I have to keep taking it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement