Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

4-3 will you look at that.

9 regular season games left with 6 of them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

TheDoctor wrote: »
    4-3 will you look at that.

9 regular season games left with 6 of them at home.

Great win yesterday, have a shot at the Wildcard but it'll be tough. Next 4 games are Chargers, Rams, Packers, Panthers and also have Vikings and Chiefs this season

Actually in the wildcard spot now amazingly!

Got close in the end but think today showed where Seahawks are in the pecking order. Just not explosive enough on offense to keep up with the better teams in the league

Hopefully that’s not the peak of our drives today!!! Fell away as we went on last week.

• Advertisement

It’s the hope week in week out that kills you

Really not healthy to go to bed late on a Sunday this frustrated week in week out!

Yep, got so close on the end again. Can't really fault anyone, Rams are really good so it was a decent effort to get that close

Going to need the full off-season this year to recover.

Not good for the nerves the last few weeks.

Thank god. Up to 5-5.

Get to relax Sunday night for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I don't think we'll be playing much in January, but I'm more optimistic than I've been in a long time. The team's identity - running and defense - have improved, as has, somehow, the O line.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I haven't looked at any stats but Lockett seems to be playing at a much higher level this year. I think more is expected of him but its good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I think we've a shot at the playoffs but will most likely just fall short as we are probably the 3rd best team outside of the division winners. I'd class the Vikings, the Bears and the Panthers as being marginally better.

The Panthers are in a strong position right now but still have to play the Saints twice. The Vikings and the Bears have to play each other twice also.

That being said its the Panthers on the road up next, a win there would definitely put us in the hunt with two games against the 49ers and one at home to the Cardinals still to play. All 3 are winnable.

A win next week and I think its suddenly a great shot at the playoffs. With 2 against the 49ers and Cardinals in Seattle I would consider all very winnable games in the last 5 after.

Still 5-5 after an abject 0-2 start I think is better than most had predicted. With the high player/coach turnover figures like 4-12/6-10 were being thrown about July/Aug time.

Vast improvements on the O-Line this season has been the main driver with the run reestablished and Wilson getting much more time.

Vudgie wrote: »
    I haven't looked at any stats but Lockett seems to be playing at a much higher level this year. I think more is expected of him but its good to see.

Baldwin started the season hurt so he was able to establish himself as the main target.

I'll be honest I was surprised when he was offered the extension with a full year left on his Rookie deal. Had a great debut season, leg break ruined his second/third year but appears back to full speed now.

Not a bad set of results tonight

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Not a bad set of results tonight

In Seahawks interests now that the Rams keep winning so that the Saints can't wrap up the 1 seed early. 2 of their last 3 games are against the Panthers so if they need to win those it could help us.

Think if we can win one of either the Vikings or Panthers games the Wildcard is achievable

Vikings game at home is probably more realistic for getting a win. The Panthers are unbeaten at home so far.

That being said the team are coming off a mini bye so hopefully they'll be well prepared and up for the game this weekend. Its a 6pm kickoff too which is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paleface wrote: »
    Vikings game at home is probably more realistic for getting a win. The Panthers are unbeaten at home so far.

That being said the team are coming off a mini bye so hopefully they'll be well prepared and up for the game this weekend. Its a 6pm kickoff too which is nice!

If any new fans now ask me who they should support, my initial response is an East coast team. Staying up till 1am every Sunday night isn't a good way to start the week

Nothing healthier than going to bed stressed/angry etc at 1am on a Sunday night.

• Advertisement

HUGE WIN!! :D

MASSIVE!!!

Another stressful as hell finish though.

49ers in Seattle next up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Damn that was nerve wracking. But a hell of a gutsy win

Run game didn’t get going today but Wilson was on the money at the end

Panthers have a good run defence with Kuechly.

Wilson pulled it out on those last two drives. Not many can do that as consistently as he does!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Wow what a win, how good was Bobby Wagner...immense.

7-5 with not much to say about it to be honest. W was in the bag early but was very nice and to have a stress free 4th quarter.

Assuming we beat the Cards and 49ers that’s a minimum 9-7 season which not many were predicting coming into this season!

Tues morning booked off next week for the Vikings at home. Last regular season game against another direct playoff competitior.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

In other Seattle news, they were just awarded an NHL franchise, due to start around 2021. Wonder what they'll be called

DJ Fluker ruled out for a few weeks with a bad hamstring injury is a blow. He's been a big part of the OL's success this year. Hopefully he'll be back for the playoffs assuming we get there.

In better news Mychal Kendricks is eligble to play again after serving his 8 game suspension which relieves pressure a little with KJ Wrights knee injury still ongoing.

A win against the Vikings Monday night would all but guarantee a playoff place assuming further wins against the 49ers and Cardinals thereafter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

f8WwSKA

Merry Xmas 12s

Advertisement