Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cathellen

Just found a great new resource......tgh4 website www.tg4.ie/foghlaim. I had a bit of difficulty getting into it. I foungd it best to get into the site and then search for Foghlaim. There is a huge range of videos on everyday topics also excercises. It's aimed at the Béal Trial san árdteist but any one can use it, Well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Hi guys,

Would there be anyone on here who would have used Gramadach gan stro? Intermediate level?

I have it and it’s brilliant, but I’ve scratched the CD and I can’t continue listening to it. Would anyone know where I could purchase the CD alone again? I don’t want to have to repurchase the book when I already have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sabrewolfe

I've found the mango languages app very useful for getting back up to speed with Irish. Its amazing how much is still knocking around in your head even after almost 20 years after you finished school. If your a member of any irish library you can sign up for it for free.

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-culture-and-amenities-dublin-city-public-libraries-and-archive-using-your-3

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Dia dhuit gach duine. Tá ceist agam.

Living in Dublin, Irish is still fairly reasonable 30+ years after leaving secondary school. But more importantly, I am motivated. I really want to do a weekend course for adults who are at intermediate level and want to rediscover their spoken Irish. Ideally to go away for a weekend to immerse myself. I could not do a week due to family commitments.
    If possible not too far from Dublin which rules out Kerry and Donegal which are 4 hour trips. Also I struggle with Ulster Irish. Waterford could be good.

Open to suggestions ideally from people who have done this before.

Maith agaibh.

garbanzo

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sabrewolfe

garbanzo wrote: »
    Dia dhuit gach duine. Tá ceist agam.

Living in Dublin, Irish is still fairly reasonable 30+ years after leaving secondary school. But more importantly, I am motivated. I really want to do a weekend course for adults who are at intermediate level and want to rediscover their spoken Irish. Ideally to go away for a weekend to immerse myself. I could not do a week due to family commitments.
    If possible not too far from Dublin which rules out Kerry and Donegal which are 4 hour trips. Also I struggle with Ulster Irish. Waterford could be good.

Open to suggestions ideally from people who have done this before.

Maith agaibh.

garbanzo

Conradh Na Gaeilge do a lot of different courses that are worth a look https://cnag.ie/en/courses.html

Gael Linn also do adult courses with some of them being run in Dublin rather than in the Gaelteacht
    https://www.gael-linn.ie/en/courses/adult-courses/110-2/

Dublin city libraries also do a few conversation circles in different branches that are good for improving your spoken Irish.

Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Míle buiochas sabrewolfe.

What I was really hoping for was a weekend away type option where you could immerse yourself for the weekend in the language. Ideally to land in of a Friday eve and stay ‘til Sunday.

Has anyone done that? A sorta adult Gaeltacht éadrom 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭This is it

Dia Duit, níl mo gaeilge go maith but I'm really interested in learning and getting to a level where I can hold a conversation.

I've tried Duolingo and didn't find it great, I'm thinking actual classes or maybe a set of video lessons. Any suggestions?

Go raibh maith agat.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

There's a Youtube channel 'Learn Irish' you might find useful

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnMúinteoir.ie

Bain triall as www.anmuinteoir.ie

Téamaí éagsúla, amhráin, gramadach agus neart eile do naíonáin, rang 1 & 2, rang 3 & 4 agus rang 5 & 6.

Multimedia media rich Irish lessons in e-book and f-cartai formats make teaching Irish more fun!

Ábhar le fáil sna canúintí éagsúla – saibhreas, spraoi agus siamsaíocht i ngach canúint.

Join Anmúinteoir today and receive unlimited access to 100's of Interactive Digital Irish Verb Games, Songs & Lessons - Ideal for Classrooms and for Home.

Ma cláraíonn tú linn, gheobhaidh tú an chartlann iomlán acmhainní ar phraghas iontach.

Advertisement