Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League To Restart On The 17th June

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Posts moved from Premier Sports thread relating to FAPL resumption here

And to answer the post that started the conversation the Pick games will be on Sky One here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Theres no mention of Premier Sports showing any live games so far.

It is a bit odd if they dont show any more Premier League matches especially when they have the 3pm rights.

There could be an announcement from them very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

Poor form by sky here putting the free games on sky one - which means you have to be sky subscriber or with virgin media - other option to get a now tv entertainment pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

I'm confused by this. Pick is FTA on Freesat, will they block the games on the Freesat feed? Can't see any other reason why they'd show them on Sky One in Ireland unless they can show them in HD?

ka2 wrote: »
    I'm confused by this. Pick is FTA on Freesat, will they block the games on the Freesat feed? Can't see any other reason why they'd show them on Sky One in Ireland unless they can show them in HD?

When they say pick its pick on terrestrial in the uk not on satellite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

kooga wrote: »
    So they'd have to block it on satellite then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

sky has an irish opt out version for ads of Pick TV. they may just not show it on that and show them on Pick UK FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

There's a UK and an ROI version of Pick on satellite, likely what they will do is Irish version on Sky epg won't feature the games if another provider has the Irish rights.

I think we just have to wait and see for the moment. Seemingly the Pick games are on Sky One in both Ireland and the UK. It may be a matter of marketing emphasis that Sky One is being touted as the “free” option in Ireland while Pick is promoted in the UK. We have no Freeview and Sky does not officially acknowledge the existence of free to air satellite here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

sky has an irish opt out version for ads of Pick TV. they may just not show it on that and show them on Pick UK FTA.

Which would make no sense as both are on a Europe wide beam.

• Advertisement

Agree - just sit tight!

So some news on this.

Premier Sports advance schedules for Sat 20th showing the one 3pm (Brighton v Arsenal, UK broadcaster BT Sport) and Bournemouth v Palace (BBC) both live.

Contradicting this is the ROI broadcast schedule on the Premier League website which is showing Brighton v Arsenal on BT and Bournemouth v Palace not on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Problem is Pick is SD and not HD.

A poster on Digital Spy has posted that a test appeared yesterday for Pick HD on Freesat

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2381708/pick-hd-on-the-way

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

live-footballontv.com have a list of the matches and where they're being shown. Includes the matches on Pick which are also being shown simultaneously on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yes good site, UK only though.

On Wednesday 24th Premier have Man utd-Sheffield utd listed on 1 & Norwich-Everton on 2, both 6 KOs.
    The former a Pick game, latter on BBC

Sky will be offering a choice “fake crowd noise” or not, as your personal preference may be. With two exceptions it will be available on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky One, and Pick TV, with those preferring the natural sound being given that option on Sky Sports Premier League.

The Friday night 6pm KO, Norwich v Southampton, is not at present listed on the version of Pick on the Sky ROI EPG. It is on Sky One.

icdg wrote: »
    The Friday night 6pm KO, Norwich v Southampton, is not at present listed on the version of Pick on the Sky ROI EPG. It is on Sky One.

Sky nii epg
    Game is on pick and sky one

So at least you can watch in roi in other channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Pick Freesat EPG
    Friday 19th Norwich v Southampton

Sky nii epg
    Game is on pick and sky one

So at least you can watch in roi in other channels

You don’t even need to bother with Other Channels. It’s on Sky One.

Literally the only people who need to resort to manual tuning are non-Sky customers watching on a Sky Digibox. There can’t be many out there with that set up except as an interim solution.

• Advertisement

Literally the only people who need to resort to manual tuning are non-Sky customers watching on a Sky Digibox. There can’t be many out there with that set up except as an interim solution.

It’s on sky one if you are a sky subscriber- there are many of us using sky boxes with premier sport Uk subscriptions or eir spirt/ virgin media spirt subs. Next time I’ll say nothing. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you don't have a HD sub, you'll be able to watch in HD using the manual tuning of Pick HD though, right?

There is no Pick HD. There’s some speculation elsewhere based on a test channel some have picked up that it might launch on Sky in the U.K. in advance of the FAPL resumption, but nothing official out of Sky to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There is no Pick HD. There’s some speculation elsewhere based on a test channel some have picked up that it might launch on Sky in the U.K. in advance of the FAPL resumption, but nothing official out of Sky to say that.

Ah gotcha. I thought the new Pick HD was confirmed, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

dulpit wrote: »
    Ah gotcha. I thought the new Pick HD was confirmed, apologies.

Announced on Twitter by the Sky Help Team.

Its launching on Wednesday 17th.

Source: https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/status/1271461788874309640

Sorry, I hadn’t seen that - in that case the answer is yes, Other Channels/Manual Tuning is your friend.

Sorry, I hadn’t seen that - in that case the answer is yes, Other Channels/Manual Tuning is your friend.

I'm pleasantly surprised that these games are on the satellite version of Pick. I thought it would be the Freeview version only because of broadcasting rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

17-pdr wrote: »
    I'm pleasantly surprised that these games are on the satellite version of Pick. I thought it would be the Freeview version only because of broadcasting rights.

Fact that they're on Pick in the first place suggests to me that broadcasting rights have been set aside for next couple of months as match is FTA by nature of it being on Freeview in first place. I maybe wrong but if broadcasting rights have been waived due to present pandemic and Sky hoping to pull in extra viewers, it doesn't ultimately matter what platform this particular match is available on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

17-pdr wrote: »

They moved the UK version of Pick to a UK beam so that they could show the games on satellite. The Irish version is still on a European beam so won't be showing the games. The fact that the UK beam goes beyond the UK doesn't seem to be a problem for the Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

It will be useful for Irish Sky subscribers with a HD box that don't pay extra for the HD pack and Sky Sports as they only get the SD version of Sky One

Advertisement