Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Windows Box for Streaming Sports, Netflix and Browsing?

Options
  • 25-03-2019 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Looking for one - any advice welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Any advice? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Any advice? :/

I'd recommend a firestick or android TV box tbh. Is there any particular reason you want a Windows one?

I bought one a few years ago and it's essentially a paper weight at this stage. Windows 10 is just not optimised for low end devices and it got progressively slower as time went on. It came with 32gb storage and updating was a struggle, despite trimming down to essential apps. Windows updates have swallowed up all available space.

Simi wrote: »
    I'd recommend a firestick or android TV box tbh. Is there any particular reason you want a Windows one?

I bought one a few years ago and it's essentially a paper weight at this stage. Windows 10 is just not optimised for low end devices and it got progressively slower as time went on. It came with 32gb storage and updating was a struggle, despite trimming down to essential apps. Windows updates have swallowed up all available space.

I need SkyGo on if mainly and not sure if I can get that on the fire stick or android boxes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

connect ur laptop to tv via hdmi if u have to use sky go - or pay via a nowtv stick box them are legal ways

Is there any good windows boxes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement