Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saorview and Freesat TV

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭deezell

Thanks I’ve a a vu solo 4K but I’m wondering if I could make it redundant and just use the tv instead. We do record a bit which can still be done via the tv and usb I think

I don't watch my Sab box live anymore. The Sony does everything, and its processing really makes a difference to the famous sub SD picture resolution of the VM terrestrial channels. Watching the Europa league final on VM2. It's hard to believe it only has 544 pixel horizontal resolution. The Sony upscaleing is superb. The Sab box is not redundant though, it's perfect for streaming in-house or away to handheld devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Thanks I’ve a a vu solo 4K but I’m wondering if I could make it redundant and just use the tv instead. We do record a bit which can still be done via the tv and usb I think

One reason i prefare box over tv is many boxes are networked and can use any tv
    to access boxes recordings.

You can try try the tv if you wish and see how it goes as you can always refit it back later if not liking it.

I have not setup tv for recording as never got that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

greasepalm wrote: »
    One reason i prefare box over tv is many boxes are networked and can use any tv
    to access boxes recordings.

This is interesting. Could you point me in the direction of what to research/Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

With all boxes been enigma 2 and have lan connections of their own and so have an ip address.

With these boxes have a utility called Samba which makes your box seen on your home network.

Also in network you can do a network browser scan and it should find boxes and live pc so it might list say 4 boxes.

By opening up each box you can mount their hdd or usb to be mounted and saved.

So if you had 10 boxes all mounted and all had hdd you could view other boxes recording anywhere in house

Old video from years ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3LnjcbCnA
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread

Advertisement