Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferguson Ariva 153: Please post questions here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Avns1s wrote: »
    If you go to "Menu" then "TV System" and set the video out to "YUV", you will be able to select higher resolutions from the "Video Resolution" menu.

You will need to be using HDMI rather than Scart to get the higher resolution on your tv.

Thanks

I don't have that option but I did change it from RGB to CVBS and the res is now 1080_50

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Thanks

I don't have that option but I did change it from RGB to CVBS and the res is now 1080_50

Right everything is working now, PVR, remote control app, all good

Only thing is; anyone know how to record series link?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Closest thing to series link on a combo box is repeat timed recordings

Right everything is working now, PVR, remote control app, all good

Only thing is; anyone know how to record series link?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pocgoc

Any channel list available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Have a 153 thats stuck with 'on' displayed on the front panel. When I go to boot it up it has 'On' first that then changes to 'on'.
    I've used a null modem cable to try update software and it appeared to work given the messages on the screen but when I went to reboot receiver... same problem...
    Any ideas?

The only thing I could suggest is re loading from another working receiver.

Pete2k wrote: »
    Have a 153 thats stuck with 'on' displayed on the front panel. When I go to boot it up it has 'On' first that then changes to 'on'.
    I've used a null modem cable to try update software and it appeared to work given the messages on the screen but when I went to reboot receiver... same problem...
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Tony wrote: »

This is definitely worth a try but I'd suspect a hardware issue if it's stopping at the same point each time.

How would I do this tony? Any way of connecting the 2 boxes together? Cant use usb as menus dont load.

After that back to retailer or ferguson?

for speed I'll copy from the 150 thread , its same procedure

Power up the good box until you have a picture ( do not power down until complete) . Connect a null modem cable to bad box (usb to serial will not work for this ) and power up the bad box using the power switch on the back . You should see front panel display change on both boxes

Hope this helps

How would I do this tony? Any way of connecting the 2 boxes together? Cant use usb as menus dont load.

After that back to retailer or ferguson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 foxyboy

Any ideas?

This caught me for a few hours recently...

Did you install the latest V1.28B6 patch by any chance ?
    Theres one out there thats wrong and causes the restart.

Have a look around as there is a patched backup in german that does work for the moment. Just change the language on reboot and your off...

foxyboy wrote: »
    This caught me for a few hours recently...

Did you install the latest V1.28B6 patch by any chance ?
    Theres one out there thats wrong and causes the restart.

Have a look around as there is a patched backup in german that does work for the moment. Just change the language on reboot and your off...

Hey foxyboy
    For this box no it was on 1.28B4 i think last.. was a friends box...
    Seems to be a hardware failure...

But as for the restart ya I did try and update my own last wk and it caused the restart like u said so ended up going back to the previous version..
    Thanks I'll keep a look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Hey foxyboy
    For this box no it was on 1.28B4 i think last.. was a friends box...
    Seems to be a hardware failure...

But as for the restart ya I did try and update my own last wk and it caused the restart like u said so ended up going back to the previous version..
    Thanks I'll keep a look out.

It is probably still under warranty?

Avns1s wrote: »
    It is probably still under warranty?

It is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

is this for free to air only or does it have sports,movies, etc:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There's only one answer to that question which won't result in a warning being handed to the person who answers it

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Is it possible to use this as a player for Synology NAS box over the Ethernet network of wifi ?
    Thanks

Not at present unfortunately

Is it possible to use this as a player for Synology NAS box over the Ethernet network of wifi ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Any other combo box that can do this?
    Thanks

There is but best not to take the thread off topic.
    Any other combo box that can do this?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

I know it's probably more of a router issue but I am just wondering if anyone else has had any problems getting the Web Services, eg. Youtube etc. to work. I have the 153 wired to my router and every time I try to use Youtube it just says "No Data". I can ping the box from my laptop fine so it's not a cable or connection issue.

Any suggestions??

Could be the you tube URL has changed as these are hard coded into the firmware . Using the latest firmware might be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

Could be the you tube URL has changed as these are hard coded into the firmware . Using the latest firmware might be worth a try

Tried that, none of the Web Services are working...... Am convinced router is blocking traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Villan11 wrote: »

Any suggestions??

Do any other web entertainment functions work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Tried that, none of the Web Services are working...... Am convinced router is blocking traffic.

Have you tried hard resetting your modem or dropin your modems firewall to the low settings .? and see can you reconnect .

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Can your smartphone offer a wifi hotspot? If so, can you try connect the Ariva to it, just to test the hypothesis? I'd guess the smartphone 'router' wouldn't block the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Does your RSS service work on the Ariva? There's probably some default ones configured but you could try adding one of the RSS news feeds such as http://www.rte.ie/rss/ - That will prove internet connectivity at least.

Most of my entertainment (web) services don't work. I get the same as you - no data - but internet connectivity is there as I can add in RSS feeds and they are downloaded from the web. I have the stock firmware that came on the box, so i put it down to that being old. I need to update to latest firmware and hope that doing so may sort it. (i'm not saying it will but it will be worth a try)

I've had an Ariva 150 for 3 years & am happy with it - only thing I'd change is the user interface. Is the 153 any more user-friendly?

No real difference to be honest.

Reesy wrote: »
    I've had an Ariva 150 for 3 years & am happy with it - only thing I'd change is the user interface. Is the 153 any more user-friendly?

• Advertisement

No real difference to be honest.

Thanks Tony. I'll stick with the 150 so. Next door neighbours are interested in an install, I recommended you...

Advertisement