Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

SSSSHush ready to hack him once he says yippee i am in,will send him over a few messages to his box:eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

I sincerely hope these are only for testing. As greasepalm warned above, there are active servers constantly searching for access to TV boxes just like yours both to pirate your stream or as back doors into your home network. Be very careful with your security.

Thanks Gerry - so how does one prevent that type of thing, but still allow me to stream from the box?

As never used it but thinking good strong passwords and not simple ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Thanks Gerry - so how does one prevent that type of thing, but still allow me to stream from the box?

Change the password, you can remote into the box using SSH and use the passwd command

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/passwd-command-in-linux-with-examples/

Go back the way it was. Port forward 8001 also. I said use port 8443 as I expected your CCTV to be using 443. It doesn't matter which, just make the rule suit the plug-in settings

Since the CCTV is NOT using port 443, I left the settings at:
    HTTP port set to 00080
    Enable HTTP Authentication - no
    Enable HTTPS - yes
    HTTPS port - 00443 (I assume that's the same as 443?)
    Enable HTTPS Authentication - no
    Require client cert for HTTPS - no
    Without auth only local access is allowed!
    Enable access from VPNs - no

First, with the phone's WiFi switched on, the phone's app (dream EPG Pro) seems to be fully functional from inside the house (Stream, Timers, Movies, etc)

With the Phone's WiFi switched off , I used an "External" profile on phone's app
    I sent a text message from my phone to the box, and it appeared on the TV.
    I scheduled a Timed event on my phone's dreamEPG app and it appeared in the Tiviar's EPG
    I have external visibility to do "all" Tiviar functions from the phone app, so there's a connection at least to do those things
    The phone will externally stream an .mp4 video from the \hdd\movie folder. BUT, the phone will not externally stream live TV from the box.
    It returns an error "Can't play this link"

• Advertisement

Since the CCTV is NOT using port 443, I left the settings at:
    HTTP port set to 00080
    Enable HTTP Authentication - no
    Enable HTTPS - yes
    HTTPS port - 00443 (I assume that's the same as 443?)
    Enable HTTPS Authentication - no
    Require client cert for HTTPS - no
    Without auth only local access is allowed!
    Enable access from VPNs - no

First, with the phone's WiFi switched on, the phone's app (dream EPG Pro) seems to be fully functional from inside the house (Stream, Timers, Movies, etc)

With the Phone's WiFi switched off , I used an "External" profile on phone's app
    I sent a text message from my phone to the box, and it appeared on the TV.
    I scheduled a Timed event on my phone's dreamEPG app and it appeared in the Tiviar's EPG
    I have external visibility to do "all" Tiviar functions from the phone app, so there's a connection at least to do those things
    The phone will externally stream an .mp4 video from the \hdd\movie folder. BUT, the phone will not externally stream live TV from the box.
    It returns an error "Can't play this link"

You need to enable Https authentication port 443 and change the password from default otherwise you will have a lot of random requests from the internet

You need to enable Https authentication port 443 and change the password from default otherwise you will have a lot of random requests from the internet

The box password has been changed to a non-friendly one.

When I enable HTTPS Authentication (yes) in the box, the phone app profile goes offline so it can't see the box.

When I disable it (no), the phone app profile immediately goes back online.

So when I'm away from the house, I can't stream live channels from the box, but I can stream an .mp4 file from the box's /media/hdd/movie folder. Does that make sense?

Note - In the "Streaming" settings of the dream EPG phone app, the "Port (Service)" setting is set to 443, and the "Port (Movies)" setting is also set to 443. I assume that's not a port conflict?

The box password has been changed to a non-friendly one.

When I enable HTTPS Authentication (yes) in the box, the phone app profile goes offline so it can't see the box.

When I disable it (no), the phone app profile immediately goes back online.

So when I'm away from the house, I can't stream live channels from the box, but I can stream an .mp4 file from the box's /media/hdd/movie folder. Does that make sense?

Note - In the "Streaming" settings of the dream EPG phone app, the "Port (Service)" setting is set to 443, and the "Port (Movies)" setting is also set to 443. I assume that's not a port conflict?

You need to set the dream EPG app to use this authentication, you'll have an option to use login under Https in the settings. You can also setup the app with 2 profiles, a LAN (without authentication) and a Wan profile (with authentication) and the app will pick depending on whether home WiFi is connected (automatic profile change). If you setup the FTP details you can get picons from the box if your image has them!

You do not need to enable authentication (login) for port 80 (http) as you are secure on your own lan. You must definitely need to enable authentication for port 443 (https) facing the internet as this is wide open to every spam bot in the world to hack your home network once they see your box listening on port 443!

We're pulling this thread way off topic. Pm me!

I tried to look for the Xtream Editor plugin from the available downloadable plugin list on my Tiviar, but didn't find it. I found the .ipk on another site, downloaded and installed it in an attempt to include my IPTV stations, but the plugin doesn't seem to appear in the box's overall plugin list. I am wondering if it's suitable for the Tiviar or what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Whats the quickest way to delete programmes from my timeshift folder?

I had been recording without knowing I was, folder is full of programmes stored in it.

Thanks

Edit: Job done. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I tried to look for the Xtream Editor plugin from the available downloadable plugin list on my Tiviar, but didn't find it. I found the .ipk on another site, downloaded and installed it in an attempt to include my IPTV stations, but the plugin doesn't seem to appear in the box's overall plugin list. I am wondering if it's suitable for the Tiviar or what's going on?

Could you post that request on the main Tiviar thread, please. This plugin is not something I'm interestedly in supporting, as part of this build. Also, be aware that only legitimate IPTV feeds are supported on Boards. These are becoming few and far between. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kevinmcm

Hi all, I am sure this has been answered at some stage on this thread but I cant dig through all 83 pages to find it :)
    Basically I have flashed newclaremans latest build and its a wonderful thing, but my question is if I make some changes to the bouquets i.e. move channels or add channels to some of the bouquets when a new scan happens it seems to revert back to the original bouquets again thus I lose my changes.

What setting can I change so it will keep my changes to bouquets after a scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Look at configure and for schedule scan say no, also look at keep all non-abm bouquets ie yours and say yes.

There is very little need to have abm run daily as we no longer use sky channels. In fact I only run ABM once , ie for a new install.

If a channel changes frequency I just run signal finder and then add to bouquet.

Give it a go.

kevinmcm wrote: »
    Basically I have flashed newclaremans latest build and its a wonderful thing..
    Thank you, but all the credit goes to the guys who build the software and make it available for free. :)
    my question is if I make some changes to the bouquets i.e. move channels or add channels to some of the bouquets when a new scan happens it seems to revert back to the original bouquets again thus I lose my changes.

What setting can I change so it will keep my changes to bouquets after a scan?

My first suggestion would be to consider whether you really need to make manual changes to every bouquet. You can select any mix of Freesat and Sky Bouquets you want, and have them automatically updated. Don't underestimate the benefit of this.
    I tried the manual approach at first, including inserting the appropriate Saorview channels into each bouquet - e.g. RTÉ news under news's, the +1's into that group, etc. Over time it became tedious keeping everything up to date. Instead I changed to a Favourites list, that can be edited directly from the remote. That list is not changed automatically.

You have two options if you want customised bouquets, while keeping automated updates:

1. The easy way is to create bouquets with new names and set ABM to ignore these, when updating.

2. The recommended way is to use a CustoMix file. This has the advantage that frequency changes are still catered for. If you search this thread for custom mix you'll find the details on how to do this.
    swoofer wrote: »
    Look at configure and for schedule scan say no, also look at keep all non-abm bouquets ie yours and say yes.

There is very little need to have abm run daily as we no longer use sky channels. In fact I only run ABM once , ie for a new install.

If a channel changes frequency I just run signal finder and then add to bouquet.

Give it a go.

Most family users appreciate a box that requires no manual interventions, let alone having to check changing frequencies or running signal finder. That approach is strictly for enthusiasts, and is best left to the main Tiviar thread.

For smart home enthusiasts I have just found out that the Tiviar has some limited integration with Home Assistant, might be of interest to someone.

What is working:
    • Power status and power control: on, off, standby.
    • Loads all sources from first bouquet.
    • Loads all sources from specific bouquet.
    • Information about current channel program (EPG).
    • Volume regulation (mute, set, step)
    • Change channel (Selecting from source list or via Right/Left - from remote controller)
    • Change channel (using channel number)
    • Current channel and current event
    • Picon from current channel (default)
    • Screenshot from current channel
    • Supports authentication and multiple receivers
    • Sending notifications to the box (timeout and type of message can be selected) from picon)

I've only started looking at this, but it potentially allows voice control...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kevinmcm

Thank you, but all the credit goes to the guys who build the software and make it available for free. :)

My first suggestion would be to consider whether you really need to make manual changes to every bouquet. You can select any mix of Freesat and Sky Bouquets you want, and have them automatically updated. Don't underestimate the benefit of this.
    I tried the manual approach at first, including inserting the appropriate Saorview channels into each bouquet - e.g. RTÉ news under news's, the +1's into that group, etc. Over time it became tedious keeping everything up to date. Instead I changed to a Favourites list, that can be edited directly from the remote. That list is not changed automatically.

You have two options if you want customised bouquets, while keeping automated updates:

1. The easy way is to create bouquets with new names and set ABM to ignore these, when updating.

2. The recommended way is to use a CustoMix file. This has the advantage that frequency changes are still catered for. If you search this thread for custom mix you'll find the details on how to do this.

Most family users appreciate a box that requires no manual interventions, let alone having to check changing frequencies or running signal finder. That approach is strictly for enthusiasts, and is best left to the main Tiviar thread.

Thanks newclareman, I am going to look into creating a custom mix when I get a chance this weekend!

Thanks newclareman, I am going to look into creating a custom mix when I get a chance this weekend!

There's a text file on the Tiviar, at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom, that explains everything. The box should be visible under network and that directory can then be accessed directly from windows explorer.

Just a couple of suggestions:

1. Make one sample change, first, viewing your file in Google Chrome to make sure it is valid. Even small errors, not picked up by Chrome, can sometimes cause the file to be ignored.

2. Minimise the changes that you are making to the bouquets and pick your target slots carefully. The custom mix file allows you to insert channels, into specific slots, replacing any existing channel in that slot. You can easily lose a channel you want, even if the slot was free when you first made the custom mix file.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 rizzo 1976

Hi.

I'm looking for some help and advice.

I have a tiviar alpha plus box recently bought running OpenATV on it.

Can you tell me how you consolidate the Saorview and FreeView into one EPG so I can view and record all from one EPG I stead of having to switch back and forth.

I'm looking to install the SlyK skin which I did with Filezilla but my box just froze and I had to reflash. No all my channels are all over the place, not in order etc and it's a bit of a nightmare.

Does anyone have an image I can flash or backup so it's all up and running with a good EPG and picons etc? Really appreciate the help. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

I am not been smart but this is the claremans image thread and if you look at the front you will find all the answers, use this image and you will be fine.

• Advertisement

rizzo 1976 wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm looking for some help and advice.

I have a tiviar alpha plus box recently bought running OpenATV on it.

Can you tell me how you consolidate the Saorview and FreeView into one EPG so I can view and record all from one EPG I stead of having to switch back and forth.

I'm looking to install the SlyK skin which I did with Filezilla but my box just froze and I had to reflash. No all my channels are all over the place, not in order etc and it's a bit of a nightmare.

Does anyone have an image I can flash or backup so it's all up and running with a good EPG and picons etc? Really appreciate the help. Thanks.

If you follow the link on the first post you'll find a complete image. All you need to do is select your local transmitter in ABM, do a scan within ABM, and you're good to go. Within ABM you can change the mix of FreesT and Sky bouquets, if you wish.

Just one thing, the flashing instructions are no longer correct, with newer versions of OpenATV. Instead, put the image on a fob, select online flash and browse to the fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭andy1249

rizzo 1976 wrote: »

I'm looking to install the SlyK skin which I did with Filezilla but my box just froze and I had to reflash.

Been there and done that.
    Makes a complete mess of the box
    The Slyk skin is not compatible with the Tiviar .

The closest you can get the Tiviar to a sky interface is using openvix and the official bluhd skin.

andy1249 wrote: »
    Been there and done that.
    Makes a complete mess of the box
    The Slyk skin is not compatible with the Tiviar .

The closest you can get the Tiviar to a sky interface is using openvix and the official bluhd skin.

Just to say that this thread is based on the customised OpenATV image. Questions in relation to Enigma2 versions (e.g.Vix) are best kept to the main Tiviar thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 padraicseosamh

Major Thanks to NewClareMan, I love this setup. I have not yet connected the box to the internet, do you think that could affect my ability to pause live tv?

No as possibly your storage device is not setup correctly ,unsure if box needs 2 feeds?

lan connection is good for these boxes.

Major Thanks to NewClareMan, I love this setup. I have not yet connected the box to the internet, do you think that could affect my ability to pause live tv?

That will not affect your ability to pause live TV.

The first thing to check is that you can record and view tv programmes. If you can then your hard drive is set up ok. Next if you go in to settings and make sure that live pause is enabled. (It is by default on my build.) Occasionally I lose the ability to pause live TV and a full reboot sorts it. You could also try that.

As requested, I have updated a new image. The only update is changes to E2iPlayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭peking97

As requested, I have updated a new image. The only update is changes to E2iPlayer.

I notice that the date on that image is still listed as 8th Jan. Is that as it should be?

peking97 wrote: »
    I notice that the date on that image is still listed as 8th Jan. Is that as it should be?

More haste, less speed - I uploaded it to the wrong drive. There now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Hi NCM,
    I flashed to your latest image today.
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I have some sort of virus picked up but a couple of minutes after upgrading this DXAndy thing is automatically set.
    https://flic.kr/p/2kJGQZ3
    The epg then changes to this.
    https://flic.kr/p/2kJGRip
    Also ABM is missing from the plugin menu.
    Any ideas would be gratefully received?

Advertisement