Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I think you have to claim them, rather than them coming with the phone.
    You would claim via this site.
    https://www.samsung.com/ie/shop/galaxy-s-preorder/#:~:text=Pre%20order%20a%20new%20Samsung,time%20as%20the%20pre%2Dorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

phill106 wrote: »
    I think you have to claim them, rather than them coming with the phone.
    You would claim via this site.
    https://www.samsung.com/ie/shop/galaxy-s-preorder/#:~:text=Pre%20order%20a%20new%20Samsung,time%20as%20the%20pre%2Dorder.

Not if you ordered direct from Samsung, for those people it says in the terms that you do not need to claim, that they will be automatically added to your basket, but it does say that they may not arrive at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

I am hopefully confident these will be sent with the phone, I suspect early pre-orders will get them at the same time and when supply is exhausted others will get a later shipment. That would make sense to me business wise to reduce shipping costs, so keep an eye on the package when it arrives bigger the package......... you know what I mean...really looking forward to this phone, I only moved over to the s20 5g 2 months ago from a pixel 4xl and I love the s20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I doubt it, otherwise you could just return the phone and there's a free pair of galaxy buds pro

Not that I read them but to buy this phone you tick on their terms and conditions and I would say in there in covers this type of activity.
    All though I see the logic behind the 45 day wait.. this will stop the automatic return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I doubt it, otherwise you could just return the phone and there's a free pair of galaxy buds pro

It will be on the return form that you would need to return phone plus any free gifts etc or else you would only get a partial refund minus the cost of the headphones/smarttag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

These DO NOT have to be claimed, they are added into cart already as if you are purchasing them as well.

They will come with the phone or possibly a second delvery.

I got 2 x Note 20 Ultra last year with similar deal for myself and a friend. One came with the Buds Live and the other the buds were delivered few days after the phone.

Only if buying from other retailers you may have to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Did anyone received any mail from Samsung or exertis? I have only 'ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED BY EXERTIS' on my Samsung account.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

kave2 wrote: »
    Did anyone received any mail from Samsung or exertis? I have only 'ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED BY EXERTIS' on my Samsung account.

You see an option for an invoice for your order

I got no email but got confirmation through that and the money's been taking from my account

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement

Good blind test from unbox therapy on the camera between the ultra and the iPhone 12 pro max, https://youtu.be/p_vaT0Kn1Qg

It is interesting to see the youtube reviewers and a lot of apple bias come from some. One for example "supersaf" claiming video on the iphone to be better even when running when it was clear to see the unstable nature of the iphone recording. The S21 was clearly the more stable camera when recording on the run.
    I do enjoy unbox therapy and his blind test was interesting.

Looking forward to see the difference between my S8 Plus and the Ultra, never had a new phone on launch day so particularly excited now for next Friday.

Also looking forward to testing out the buds pro, currently using the Jabra 65t Active with the main use being for exercise and love them, so will be interesting to see how the pro's hold up against them for that purpose. Hoping they fit as nice and stable in the ear.

Smart tag should be interesting too as I love the idea but just not sure how I should go about using it apart from maybe popping it in the glovebox of my car.

stick the smart tag onto your car keys. I am always putting them down and then looking for them when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ordered my 512gb S21 Ultra from Samsung direct, hope it arrives on the 29th! be nice if the freebies came with it too! I still have my earbuds from my S10 purchase, and I have to say they have done me well for the past few years. I am not an audiofile, but they tick all the boxes for me. I fly alot with work, at least before Covid, and they last for a good 5 hours or so, and a quick 20 min top up, while eating dinner or w/e, in the case will make them last the full duration of any flight. I assume the new ones will be better, so all good, one of my kids is going to get the old ones, so lucky them!

Really hoping the batterys are good in the Ultras

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Really hoping the batterys are good in the Ultras

All the reviews say the battery life is excellent, but they are mainly US reviews on the Snapdragon, but from the info available it seems the Exynos is on par or close to the Snapdragon in battery and performance.

Inquitus wrote: »
    All the reviews say the battery life is excellent, but they are mainly US reviews on the Snapdragon, but from the info available it seems the Exynos is on par or close to the Snapdragon in battery and performance.

Battery test here on the exynos chip version, spoiler s21 ultra battery is solid

https://youtu.be/OmzKPmSW1Bw

Battery test here on the exynos chip version, spoiler s21 ultra battery is solid

Performance test here, Exynos better at CPU tasks, Snapdragon has a better GPU. I don't game on my phones, so that works fine for me:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Got hold of a student discount but they seem to be messing around with the prices, it was showing as 918 for the 128gb ultra but its now showing as 1104

The trace in prices seem to have increased, s20 plus was 410 but now 490

• Advertisement

Yer man is so irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Yer man is so irritating
    quite a smug head on him isnt there...

Yer man is so irritating

Yeah he is like something outta shows the posh one, the only way is Chelsea or something that, good battery test though

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I notice the trade in value for the S20+ has increased from 410 Euro to 490 Euro possibly yesterday on the Samsung site.

Has anyone experienced this before when they have already got the lower trade in price within the promotion period?

Kilsmum

kilsmum wrote: »
    I notice the trade in value for the S20+ has increased from 410 Euro to 490 Euro possibly yesterday on the Samsung site.

Has anyone experienced this before when they have already got the lower trade in price within the promotion period?

Kilsmum

The site does change trade in price from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't read through the thread and anyway I deffo know it was said before but these are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I bought the Samsung ultra case from their website. I usually buy spigen cases, but can't seem to get one with a stand.

I'm hoping they will be shipped on Wednesday or Thursday so that we have them for Friday.

DubLad69 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they will be shipped on Wednesday or Thursday so that we have them for Friday.

I literally got an email this moment saying that mine has been dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I'll not be bothering with it.
    Ill wait for the S20 price drop

Advertisement