Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indoor saorview set box top aerial

• 13-12-2020 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Are there any setbox top aerials for saorview and if so any recommendations?

I moved from sky to saorview a few months ago. I had no issues setting the saorview box up using the sky aerial and the old analogue aerial. I'm getting the saorview channels and the BBC channels too.

Sometimes it's very iffy. Sometimes there's jumpy and fussy pictures. Also it's very slow coming on from standby.

I'm using a walker saorview box with an older Panasonic tv. Still not an older TV. Bought back in 2008 and its not one of the very old chunky TV.

I'm not in a position to install a saorview aerial until next summer at least.

Would there be any indoor aerials? A setbox top aerial please because I don't want work in the attic and installation costs right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This should do the job if you are near enough to the transmitter, it will not be as good as an external aerial, you get 30 days free returns with Argos so if it's no good you can bring it back. The old aerial you have should work fine too, there's no specific digital aerials.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9338924/Trail/searchtext%3EAERIAL.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

So this is a rooftop aerial you're using? Did it get all four analogue channels? What part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

So this is a rooftop aerial you're using? Did it get all four analogue channels? What part of the country are you in?

There's an old aerial on the roof from well before the saorview days. I'm using the analogue aerial in the back of the box. I'm also using the sky aerial.

I got the RTE 1 and 2 in HD. I got virgin media 3 and TG. I got another virgin media channel or two along with rte new and some radio channels.

They were the initial channels I received and then I used the sky aerial and received more channels.

The pictures on the saorview channels can be a little bit iffy at times and sometimes some of the UK channels freeze.

I'm in Clare.

This should do the job if you are near enough to the transmitter, it will not be as good as an external aerial, you get 30 days free returns with Argos so if it's no good you can bring it back. The old aerial you have should work fine too, there's no specific digital aerials.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9338924/Trail/searchtext%3EAERIAL.htm

Thanks for the recommendation for the aerial. I will look for this from online shopping.

There is another TV in the house and it have saorview built in. We don't have a saorview aerial on the roof and that TV works with stand up stick type of aerial in the back. That aerial doesn't seem to work on the TV in the living room. Would it be because it was bought in 2008 and its an older TV?

• Advertisement
Advertisement