Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

1272829303133»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Any beginners guides?

its all on here but what you need http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056895544

But simply

at least an 80cm dish pointed at Hotbird 13 east

a Ferguson 250 combo Box or( orther with smartcard) if not a fta box with cam slot and a conax cam

and a viewing card

http://www.satsklep.pl/pl/p/nC-Pakiet-Canal-Start-/1334

280 for 18 months

or
    http://www.satsklep.pl/pl/p/nC-Pakiet-Canal-Komfort/1446

400 for18 months ( has eurosport hd etc also)

then watch away

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

I have a DB linked up for 19e to get the french canel channals . i am wonting to get the BEin sport max channels. i can bet BEin sport 1 and 2, but cant tune in 3-6.

what am i doing roung? are they list under a different name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

I have a DB linked up for 19e to get the french canel channals . i am wonting to get the BEin sport max channels. i can bet BEin sport 1 and 2, but cant tune in 3-6.

what am i doing roung? are they list under a different name?

Bein Sport Max 3 - 10.

All on 12669 V 22000 2/3.

They don't show Premier League though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

radiowaves wrote: »
    Bein Sport Max 3 - 10.

All on 12669 V 22000 2/3.

They don't show Premier League though?

if its a DM500 then you won't get them as they are dvb-s2 not dvb-s

snaps wrote: »
    if its a DM500 then you won't get them as they are dvb-s2 not dvb-s

thanks for this , its for the league cup next week

• Advertisement

thanks for this , its for the league cup next week

Ah right.

I'll be using said channels for said purpose also!

Ah right.

I'll be using said channels for said purpose also!

would you know were i could get a for satanta 1, need for tomorrows games. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

would you know were i could get a c-line for satanta 1, need for tomorrows games. ?

Its against the rules to talk about CS on here, google is your friend for that sort of stuff.

glic83 wrote: »
    Its against the rules to talk about CS on here, google is your friend for that sort of stuff.

ok sorry its hard to find it on google

ok sorry its hard to find it on google

What part of my post made you think I'd be the man to ask?

(BTW it's a feckin' doddle to find on Google!)

• Advertisement

What part of my post made you think I'd be the man to ask?

(BTW it's a feckin' doddle to find on Google!)

just though i try my luck, when i used yahoo search in the end

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LEGEND24

total newby as well, but have wanted something like this a long time!! does anyone install these for people or is the guide above a kinda DIY thing cos i prob wouldnt have a clue where to start being honest!!
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 anxie

Hi guys,
    I don't have a tv subscription service (other than netflix)

I am mostly interested in getting the English Premier league matches.
    So, I am considering purchasing a viewing card (e.g. from satsklep, or cardsplitter). I can use this in an Ariva combo box I use for FTA satellite + saorview at the moment.

a. Is this legal? (I understand that the commentary will not be in English)
    b. am I correct in thinking that I also need to invest in a 80cm dish as my existing 60cm one won't pick up the appropriate stations?

The big dish turns me off due to lack of space + uglyness..

Alternatively, if I purchase a streaming box like the M6/T8 or similar so I can use my Netflix etc is there a proper (legal) way of viewing live football on it?

Sorry if this is a bit foggy, I am out of date on this stuff.
    p.s. I do not want to give my budget directly to Sky in case anyone suggests that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

a. Is this legal? = Yes
    b. am I correct in thinking that I also need to invest in a 80cm dish as my existing 60cm one won't pick up the appropriate stations? - not 100% sure if you need 80cm but you will need a second LNB and a Diseqc switch. I imagine your dish has only one LNB at the moment and that is pointing towards Astra 28 (BBC, ITV stations etc). For the Polish card to work you will need to point your dish towards Hotbird 13. So you can move your dish to point exclusively at Hotbird or get a second LNB and receive signals from both Astra and Hotbird.

The big dish turns me off due to lack of space + uglyness..= a 80cmdish is hardly noticeable bigger than a 60cm - I would even suggest a 1.1m Triax dish.

Alternatively, if I purchase a streaming box like the M6/T8 or similar so I can use my Netflix etc is there a proper (legal) way of viewing live football on it? = I think there was a court case recently that judged that watching streams was not illegal but just in case I'm wrong I'm not going to go into it as Boards Admin would not be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 anxie

Thanks very much for the response iba.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

LJ's has listed some games, without giving team names. BT have the 12.45 kickoff next Saturday, same as last season. Setanta Ireland has a 3pm game. Nothing free to air obviously but I will be keeping an eye out for FTA feeds, and the African broadcasters etc who had some free games before.

http://liveonsat.com/los_soc_br_premier_ONLY.php

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I noticed A FTA channel on LJ called "TV3 Ghana" on 28E that shows atleast 1 EPL match a week. Would you be able to receive it in Ireland with the right receiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not a hope as it is on an African beam

Here is the footprint
    Astra-2F-West-Africa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are there any foreign tv channels now showing HD Premier League football with english commentary ?
    Tried a few today ,Sky Sport Germany,Movistar (Spain) and they had no English option even on the non 3pm kick offs.

no english no . i watched the everton game on Canal plus sport poland

Fox and sky italy do carry english coverage for the spanish games but no hd there

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    no english no . i watched the everton game on Canal plus sport poland

Fox and sky italy do carry english coverage for the spanish games but no hd there

Thanks Nowso
    Thats a pity that there are no HD channels with english commentary.

No english commentary for La Liga either ?
    That's a big loss,Al Jazeera was very good for Spanish football but its not receivable here anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are there any foreign tv channels now showing HD Premier League football with english commentary ?
    Tried a few today ,Sky Sport Germany,Movistar (Spain) and they had no English option even on the non 3pm kick offs.
    #

Best you can do is switch to the crowd only option on canal+ spain. Try to sync a BBC radio commentary but timing is tricky.

Or just learn Spanish by watching it often enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Is there much Premier league football these days on foreign satellite that doesn't appear on Sky Uk?

Can I watch much extra on foreign sat?

I used to watch many extra games few years ago but havent used it in a while. So I'm a bit out of touch on what channels and providers to check out.

I currently have a dish with feeds for:

28E
    - sky uk
    19E
    - Canal +
    - Sky Germany
    16E
    - Tring
    - Digitalb
    13E
    - Sky Italy
    - Cyfra +
    - Nova
    - Al jazeera
    - Polsat

Is there much Premier league football these days on foreign satellite that doesn't appear on Sky Uk?

I used to watch many extra games few years ago but havent used it in a while. So I'm a bit out of touch on what channels and providers to check out.

28E
    - sky uk
    19E
    - Canal +
    - Sky Germany
    16E
    - Tring
    - Digitalb
    13E
    - Sky Italy
    - Cyfra +
    - Nova
    - Al jazeera
    - Polsat

sky 5 ireland has same 3pm as canal + cyfra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

28E
    - sky uk
    19E
    - Canal +
    - Sky Germany
    16E
    - Tring
    - Digitalb
    13E
    - Sky Italy
    - Cyfra +
    - Nova
    - Al jazeera
    - Polsat

Canal+ France and Sky in Germany have both lost their Premier League rights. Al Jazeera is gone from Hotbird for a long time.

Digitalb have English audio on their Premier league coverage.
    Jim Beglin is usually on.

Advertisement