Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing email coincidence?

• 18-09-2020 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

I have an order due from Amazon on Monday. Got their usual despatch/delivery notification. As the same time I got an obvious fishing email from "info@dpd.co.uk" about a delivery for me from Amazon on Monday. Is it safe to presume this is just a coincidence and they got very lucky with the recipent, seller and date?

Comments

Heighway61 wrote: »
    I have an order due from Amazon on Monday. Got their usual despatch/delivery notification. As the same time I got an obvious fishing email from "info@dpd.co.uk" about a delivery for me from Amazon on Monday. Is it safe to presume this is just a coincidence and they got very lucky with the recipent, seller and date?

Amazon does use DPD for some of their deliveries. Why are you so sure its a phishing email?

If you want, forward me the phishing email and I'll analyze it for you. My username here @ Gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Not a phising mail, amazon use dpd quite often and their systems are linked

Is it anything like the attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Seems it might have been legit after all. I thought it was it phishing as it was a very basic unprofessional looking html email with clunky graphics etc like you see when they try to mimic a legit site. There were links to be clicked which I figured were disguised but looking now seem to be genuine.

Also, been shopping on Amazon for many years and have never gotten an email from the delivery company. It's alway been a despatch notice from Amazon and, more recently, a text from An Post.

We'll see Monday for sure if DPD arrive with the delivery.

Panic over.

Not a phising mail, amazon use dpd quite often and their systems are linked

Is it anything like the attached?
    Yeah, same as that but without the DPD and Amazon logos at the top.

Had to leave this thread for a minute. DPD just knocked on the door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement