Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 NFL season - Week 2 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I mean how do the falcons players leave the ball go ten yards without touching it ? It’s the cowboys players who can’t touch it until it goes ten yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've been to dallas 3 times, been to philly and NY and London to see them play and am just about old enough to remember a superbowl...... Tonight will be the cowboys story I tell my children...

It’s been reported that it’s an ACL tear for Barkley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Scott Hanson act slightly surprised when the Chiefs have to punt for two drives in a row!

Herbert seems to look ok so far.

• Advertisement

Masked Man wrote: »
    Herbert seems to look ok so far.

He does and even though I think the chiefs will win I like the way the chargers are going at them. That third down throw will be one he will get better at but for his first game it doesn’t look like he’s overwhelmed by the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean how do the falcons players leave the ball go ten yards without touching it ? It’s the cowboys players who can’t touch it until it goes ten yards.
    https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1307782079342694404?s=19

Its moments like that why BB (and I'm sure other good coaches) hammer home situational football.

Justin Herbert not afraid to take a hit and get back up.

Well Justin Herbert looks like he belongs in the NFL. Lovely throw for a TD.

• Advertisement

Keenan Allen is so good. One of my favourite players in the league.

That was some catch by Keenan Allen and it took me a second to realise he’d caught it. If I’m a chargers fan I’d be very impressed with what the rookie Justin Herbert has done on very very short notice in this game. He doesn’t look out of place at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Herbert makes the inevitable rookie mistake. He had the first down if he held on but instead throws a horrific pick.

Herbert makes the inevitable rookie mistake. He had the first down if he held on but instead throws a horrific pick.

I mean it’ll happen to all rookies. I mean as he’d gotten to the line of scrimmage he should have kept going but he will learn I’ve no doubt going on what I’ve seem for three quarters(I switched the game itself to start the second half). It was a bad pick but horrific ? I mean Brett farve did the same thing as a veteran.

Kyler Murray is a stud.

My Ravens are going all the way this year.

I mean it’ll happen to all rookies. I mean as he’d gotten to the line of scrimmage he should have kept going but he will learn I’ve no doubt going on what I’ve seem for three quarters(I switched the game itself to start the second half). It was a bad pick but horrific ? I mean Brett farve did the same thing as a veteran.

Yeah probably harsh given his first game with no pre-season has been pretty fantastic otherwise!

Mahomes is not human.

What a game of ball in LA between the chargers and chiefs as we go to OT.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Early word is

Garoppolo - High Ankle Sprain
    Bosa - ACL Tear
    Thomas - Potential ACL tear but not 100% sure
    Mostert - LCL sprain

Samuel, Sherman and Kittle obviously already injured too.

Chargers D so close in ot.

Butker is ice cold.

• Advertisement

Chiefs win in overtime 23-20 but the chargers will be involved in the business end of this season imo based on what I’ve seen the first two weeks. Tonight they stayed step for step with the super bowl champs with a late replacement rookie QB.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Chargers D so close in ot.

Butker is ice cold.

Three Kicks between the penalty, TO, and actual kick and there was barely a difference between the three kicks. Justin Herbert was impressive bar the rookie mistakes.

Both sides will be happy tomorrow. Herbert had a good debut and the Chargers should be thinking they can be a wildcard at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Feel sorry for the Chargers, very unlucky to lose.

Patriots got a great start. Two impressive drives so far, Patriots trying to finish the second one off with a TD now. Newton's looked really good so far.
    And Cam runs it in, 24-7 Patriots.

Wilson looKed great on the last drive for the Seahawks finishing it off with a pass on the run to Lockett.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Had to miss the start of this late game to play with my daughter for a while before bed having spent the whole morning watching football. Missed two touchdowns. Sometimes I think I sacrifice too much for that girl.

Cam is looking like a great pick up so far. He's certainly enjoying himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hell of a catch by Metcalf, got a serious game going here now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ridiculous catch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

adrian522 wrote: »
    Early word is

Garoppolo - High Ankle Sprain
    Bosa - ACL Tear
    Thomas - Potential ACL tear but not 100% sure
    Mostert - LCL sprain

Samuel, Sherman and Kittle obviously already injured too.

Also Richberg and Dee Ford, which makes 40% of starters for next week. Real disaster.

Apparently Herbert only found out he was starting after the coin flip today. Amazing performance from him, though it probably also messed up everything the Chiefs had planned for the game.

This Seahawks offense is asking many more questions of the Patriot's defense than they saw last week and seem to have the upper hand. Not enjoying having this new increased passing Wilson in the division.

Crikey that was some throw from Wilson and some catch by Moore.

Great game of football going on here, real high class stuff. Patriots got stopped in the red zone on their last drive and are for points behind now.
    Greay performance from both Newton and Wilson.

Newton is 11-19 for 146 yards with 5 rushes for 14'yards and a TD.
    Wilson is 15 of 18 for 199 yards, 3 TDs and an interception off a tipped ball and he has ran 4 times for 31 yards.
    This is midway through the third quarter.

• Advertisement

Ugh, that's an awful throw from Newton. Picked off, need to prevent TD here, don't like our chances if we go down by more than a score

Advertisement