Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noam Chomsky of Ireland or Europe

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Similar views would be hard. Because the range of his GENUINE bonafide credentialed expertise is so so vast.

Maybe Michael Foucault.

Varoufakis has been mentioned.

it would be varoufakis for me, hoping to meet him at some stage

It’s clearly Danny Healy Rea

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It’s clearly Danny Healy Rea

he forced chomsky into hiding in arizona

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Fintan O'Toole is one of the elite.

Gript and a handful of TDs are the only critical news and opinion site in this country. Rest all singing from same song sheet.

Gript. Thanks for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

I read a lot of Chomsky and tbh there is nobody on his level in Europe when it comes to breadth of knowledge imo. I already commented with the suggestion of James Connolly if you want to read more on whole class war argument that Chomsky makes and a general critique of capitalism (Connolly is actually far better in this regard and his arguments still apply). All I can do is to tell you of similar non-European thinkers. Michael Parenti is amazing, if you haven't read him definitely check him out. Parenti makes similar criticisms of the media/propaganda system, state-capitalism, imperialism, modern democracy. Ha-Joon Chang is a Korean economist who makes the same kinda economic arguments as Chomsky but in more detail and with more examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

circadian wrote: »
    Gript. Thanks for the laugh.

Haha, just took a look at gript for first time ever.

Story 1: Trans
    Story 2: Abortion
    Story 3: Huawei

Echo chamber of confirmation bias. May as well not leave your Facebook feed

Advertisement