Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Stressing at Home

• 15-08-2020 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

As I cant get away for a while and have a long hard winter ahead of me, I want to destress ahead of all this.

I would usually travel but am stuck at home mostly, so things like day's out/high tea are likely to be so restricted as to be not relaxing.

So, given these restrictions, what home based destress activities would people here recommend on a budget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Bredabe wrote: »
    As I cant get away for a while and have a long hard winter ahead of me, I want to destress ahead of all this.

I would usually travel but am stuck at home mostly, so things like day's out/high tea are likely to be so restricted as to be not relaxing.

So, given these restrictions, what home based destress activities would people here recommend on a budget?

Try 30 day yoga challenge. Adrienne does it on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

If I was taking time off at home, I would try to make it as different as possible to normal.

Absolutely no work email or contact. Do any regular domestics on the first evening off so I’m not looking at a pile of laundry or dusting to be done.

Early to bed and early up. Leisurely morning walks to nearby parks with a book and coffee.

Doing one or two jobs that have been on my list for a while, small things like hanging a print, planning a career change, decluttering a cupboard, or re-grouting a section of bathroom tiles. Nothing taxing, but I’d feel like I’d accomplished something.

If circumstances allowed, I’d invite friends or family over some afternoon for outdoor drinks and maybe some games. A few glasses of wine and a catch up with people you love can be a great rejuvenator.

But mostly great, healthy food. Special occasion food for breakfast (pancakes, fresh fruit, pastries, great coffee), plenty of snack foods (houmous, vegetables, olives, roasted tomatoes), and a few nights of great delivery food.

And evening movies! Maybe a few black and white classics. With popcorn! I’m rather food centric as you might tell.

I wish I had some time off now! Enjoy your break, OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I had a few days off recently, and tried to stick something nice into each category...

Physical Exercise / outdoor. This was either a cycle, a walk in the woods, or some water activity like a swim or row (don't know if you're coastal / into that).

Brain - I like crosswords, puzzles, so I got the newspaper, or read something from a book with a cuppa at some point in the day.

Food - Some treat each day, you know what you like yourself.

Social - talk to family or friends. either in person or a phonecall.

Entertainment - Whatever you like here. Painting, drawing, music, gardening, being creative in any way. Bath Art is a thing :) Or of course films / TV box set (I started watching House, about 15 years after everyone else, but hey, it's trashy medical drama)

Advertisement