Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Tv Stick - €26.69 from DHGate

• 27-07-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭

Xiaomi Mi TV Stick Android TV 9.0 Quad-core 4K HDR Dolby DTS HD Dual Decoding 1GB RAM 8GB ROM Google Assistant Netflix

Specifications
    Audio decoder:DOLBY, DTS
    Audio format/Image format:MP3,WMA,AAC,Flac,OGG/JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
    RAM/ROM:1 GB/8 GB
    Bluetooth:BT4.2
    Wi-Fi:802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz
    Video format:RM, MOV, VOB, AVI, MKV, TS, WMV, MP4
    CPU:Quad core CotexA53
    GPU:ARM Mali-450
    Video decoder:VP9-10, H.265, H.264, VC-1,MPEG1/2/4, re
    Output Resolution:1080P(1920x1080@60fps)

https://m.dhgate.com/product/original-xiaomi-mi-tv-stick-android-tv-9/552639132.html#redirect_detail=PC2WAP

Use code:DHXIAOMiTV to get it at this price

Annotation-2020-07-27-123911.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shamrock65

link won't open up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

shamrock65 wrote: »
    link won't open up

boards seemed to do something weird to the links. If it doesn't open for you copy the address text and paste it into a tab and it will open. It's boards using skimresources.com that seems to be not playing nice with it.

where do you input the code

where do you input the code

During the payment stage after you added it to the cart. You will get an option to add a coupon.

declined every card i tried and all have enough on them and would not let me add the code said already used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

thanks OP, bought one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭banie01

declined every card i tried and all have enough on them and would not let me add the code said already used

Did the exact same with me. Long time DHGate user and it point blank refused to process any payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

same here.. card not approved by the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

worked on visa credit.. wouldnt go thru on visa debit. will see how it looks vs firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Sorry folks, is this a good product ? What can you stream on it thats good ? Asking for a friend ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Worked for me first time with Revolut card, no problems getting for that price either. I'm interested to see how it performs vs Firestick too, the Mi box is a great piece of kit so expecting similar results here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Colking wrote: »
    Sorry folks, is this a good product ? What can you stream on it thats good ? Asking for a friend ... :)

Ya I'm asking for his friend too.

Can you download a VPN and other apps like BBC iPlayer?

Treppen wrote: »
    Ya I'm asking for his friend too.

Can you download a VPN and other apps like BBC iPlayer?

You can download either from the official android os playstore which has plenty of options or 3rd party app stores like aptoide. All apps in the official android os playstore work great as they are optimised for the android TV os but any app that is not there you can usually get from aptoide and usually work reasonably ok.

All the major vpns have Android TV os apps so no worries there. BBC iPlayer would be not in your playstore as you have an Irish account but can be got via aptoide. The iPlayer app isn't great without an air mouse so I usually just have the VPN connected to the UK on the box and then open the iPlayer app on my phone and choose to cast from there. This works perfectly and obviously as it's casting and not just mirroring the screen you can do what you want with the phone when it's playing. The phone really just acts as a remote control or sends the command to the box to open the particular stream from bbc.

Here's a look at the initial setup and through the menus.

Tefral wrote: »
    thanks OP, bought one.
    Colking wrote: »

It comes with Netflix, amazon prime, youtube etc preinstalled but they are really only the tip of the iceberg. With a vpn you can access content from around the world, not to mention you can sideload on apps or get all sorts from Aptoide. The box is very capable of running various IPTV services etc. I don't want this thread being closed so go and do some research on google about all this box can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Downloader which I use on Firestick , can this be installed on this device, ?
    Assume it can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

link not working for me either clicking or copy/paste

settopbox wrote: »
    Assume it can

It can although I find other apps even better such as file commander.

neacy69 wrote: »
    link not working for me either clicking or copy/paste
    Try using this one but remove the space in http.

H ttp://m.dhgate.com/product/original-xiaomi-mi-tv-stick-android-tv-9/552639132.html#redirect_detail=PC2WAP

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Bought and paid for using Revolut, €26.34
    Thanks OP.

I already have 3 fire sticks but I'm a sucker for things like this so I needed to try it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Bought and paid for using Revolut, €26.34
    Thanks OP.

I already have 3 fire sticks but I'm a sucker for things like this so I needed to try it :)

I'm the same, room full of stuff never used, most of it bought from bargain alerts, did you buy global one ,or does it make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

What kind of delivery time do people know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

am tempted but have 2 mi boxes already and a mi tv which i assume will run faster than the stick as the stick only has 1gb ram (boxes and tv have 2gb)
    Might get one for the kids rooms though as I am sucker for xiaomi stuff.
    Thanks op..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Thanks the link finally worked

but then both cards failed payment.....i'm out - something feels off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Any of the Asian electronics shops in Dublin sell these?

Any of the Asian electronics shops in Dublin sell these?

Probably not so soon because it was only released a few weeks ago. If they do you can be sure they will be charging €50 plus for it. Some would probably have the Xiaomi mi box s which is essentially the same thing in box form instead of stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Assume it can

Yes, Downloader works on it 100%. Watched a live video of it the other night on Youtube and he popped Downloader on it for his own apks although it has full Google Play Store too

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

What kind of delivery time do people know?
    reviews on site suggest it will be less than 2 weeks :
    Arrived in 12 days to UK excellent bit of kit, as described

fili****ski
    July 28, 2020

Works great, delivered within 2 weeks !

zucze****drzej
    July 28, 2020

Quick shiping. Product OK.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

title on the dh site says 4k HDR but output resolution on the specs says FHD or 1080p
    is this 4k stick or just HD stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

It's definitely only 1080p and not 4K

Advertisement