Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indycar 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Conor Daly on pole for race 1 at Iowa later tonight / Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Actually thought this was tomorrow night. Might wait up and watch it and see how he gets on. Is it a delayed start on sky again

Actually thought this was tomorrow night. Might wait up and watch it and see how he gets on. Is it a delayed start on sky again

Live in a short while on Sky

Race didn't start till half 2. Fell asleep during race. Daly started well. Built a 2 second lead by lap 4. Then was losing pace, finish 8th. Peagnaud won the race after starting last. He starts last again tonight.

Race didn't start till half 2. Fell asleep during race. Daly started well. Built a 2 second lead by lap 4. Then was losing pace, finish 8th. Peagnaud won the race after starting last. He starts last again tonight.

Yellows fell his way - scary moment when Will Powers front wheel came off after a pit stop.
    Colton Hertas accident was the moment the cockpit aeroscreen silenced any doubters - Veekays aeroscreen was 'destroyed ' according to Veekay while Ericssons cockpit screen took a direct debris hit.

Race 2 later tonight

• Advertisement

Newgarden won from pole last night. Daly unlucky not get a podium finish. Yellows came out and hampered him again. Ironically the car that caused the first one was the car he'd been driving the previous races. Rahal and pagnuad had good races. Both started 19th and 23rd finished 3rd and 3th or 4th.

Penske 3 cars in the top 4 - Ganassis off the pace this weekend - winning pace !

The pictures of Rinus Veekays cockpit from race one are scary

O ward was unlucky with his pitstop yesterday too. Could of been in with a shout to win the race.

Yeah goes to show the areoscreen is doing the job. Actually prefer the areoscreen then the halo. Looks nicer I think.

Next week's Mid Ohio race has just been cancelled due to the increasing cases of Covid - that makes 3 races cancelled this week.

Next scheduled race is now Indy on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Alonso had a shunt on Day 2 of indy 500 practice. He touched the concrete kerb which unbalanced the car. These rookies eh?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

He's lucky he didn't go sideways into the pit barrier. Could of needed up worse. I wonder what the odds are for em to win Indy.

104th Running of the Indianapolis 500 - TODAY!!
    AUG 23, 6:00PM

Looking forward to watching the Rookies perform today so far up the field.

Alonso is down in 26th. It'll take some driving for him to move to the front. I don't think he has enough experience in Indycar to be able to beat the more experience guys today.

Pos. Car No. Driver
    1. 98 Marco Andretti
    2. 9 Scott Dixon
    3. 30 Takuma Sato
    4. 21 Rinus VeeKay
    5. 28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
    6. 29 James Hinchcliffe
    7. 55 Alex Palau
    8. 15 Graham Rahal
    9. 27 Alexander Rossi
    10. 88 Colton Herta
    11. 8 Marcus Ericsson
    12. 45 Spencer Pigot
    13. 1 Josef Newgarden
    14. 10 Felix Rosenqvist
    15. 5 Pato O’Ward
    16. 20 Ed Carpenter
    17. 26 Zach Veach
    18. 47 Conor Daly
    19. 18 Santino Ferruchi
    20. 60 Jack Harvey
    21. 7 Oliver Askew
    22. 12 Will Power
    23. 14 Tony Kanaan
    24. 41 Dalton Kellett
    25. 22 Simon Pagenaud
    26. 66 Fernando Alonso
    27. 51 James Davison
    28. 3 Helio Castroneves
    29. 4 Charlie Kimball
    30. 59 Max Chilton
    31. 24 Sage Karam
    32. 67 JR Hildebrand
    33. 81 Ben Hanley

Alonso showed enough guile in his first attempt at Indy so starting 26th is not a huge problem. He says his car is good in traffic.
    Honda have a clear advantage on top speed over Chevrolet which favours the Ganassis and Andrettis

First 150 laps tend to be survival - avoid the walls , avoid other incidences.
    Expect though the Penskes and the McLarens to be near the front but a repeat winner today seems most likely.

I'd of been rooting for an Alonso win but just think it's too much work where he's starting.
    Im gunna say Dixon wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Looking forward to the race! I don't watch much indycar these days (kinda drifted away from it as they moved more and more away from the ovals) but always watch the Indy 500. Really great race. Shame to see the grandstands empty though. Would be a great story if Alonso could win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Broadcast starts on Sky F1 or Sky Main Event (suck it PGA Tour!) at 6pm.
    There's a lot of pre-race tradition and ceremony, so the green flag isn't until 7:30.

Gonna try to avoid the result and watch late tonight/early tomorrow if I can.

I'm digging this driver introduction. Setting up to be a great one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I’ve never watched it before. No idea how this “works” in terms of strategy. Anything I should know??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

2011 wrote: »
    I’ve never watched it before. No idea how this “works” in terms of strategy. Anything I should know??? :)

It's an endurance race, not a sprint. Cars are aiming to be on the lead lap after the final round of stops with a well sorted car. The first half is about trying to set that up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What do you mean “we’ll sorted car” ? Thanks

What do you mean “we’ll sorted car” ? Thanks

Watch the changes made at the pit stops wing adjustments to get the car sorted - the perfect car at the beginning of the race will often become loose mid race.

Yellows and fuel will come into play - it's all about the last 50 laps

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The cars look great,

Is that a new addition though, the sort of F1 Halo looking screen?

^^^ Thank you.

Last question, what are “yellows” ? Flags ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

It isn't over until the last lap :pac:

The cars look great,

Yeah added this year. Actually think there better looking then f1 helos

^^^ Thank you.

Last question, what are “yellows” ? Flags ?

Yep. Yellow flags

The cars look great,

Yeah, the aeroscreen.

Cool_CM wrote: »
    It isn't over until the last lap :pac:

Last corner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That wheel is fairly lit!

Advertisement