Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just gone and shaved my head bald

• 30-03-2020 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

I'm going bald anyways so I decided to just get rid of it all. What are you fellow bald people using to shave your head and roughly how often do you need to do it. I'm looking at buying a decent enough razor and looking for recommendations please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

I'm going bald anyways so I decided to just get rid of it all. What are you fellow bald people using to shave your head and roughly how often do you need to do it. I'm looking at buying a decent enough razor and looking for recommendations please.

Fair play I've been trying to build up the courage for a long time now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Been threaten this since the lockdown.. Wifey has hidden the clippers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I do a wet shave 2-3 times a week but I am considering getting one of the skull shavers I've seen advertised lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

kieran. wrote: »

Every young lad is doing it, tell her you want to be one of the cool kids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

god speed men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

My advice is shave your head when you normally shave, unless you have a beard. Any off the branded 4blades will do fine. I'd advice against shavers they never get down to the skin. There is nothing like shaving your own head so be a man.
    Oh Bald is Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I do a wet shave 2-3 times a week but I am considering getting one of the skull shavers I've seen advertised lately.

I've been wet shaving my head for the last few years after giving up on clippers.

I bought a skullshaver (Pitbull Silver) in January and it's one of the best bits of kit i've ever bought.

It's so much quicker, cleaner and way less hassle. It also doesn't irritate my head like wet shaving does.

I would never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

Just use a standard Philips 3 head every morning. Takes about a minute.

Less hassle that letting it go for a couple of days and having to work at it.

Philips Series 3000 Wet & Dry Men’s Electric Shaver with Pop-up Trimmer - S3580/06 about €55

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I've wet shaved for about 15 years now, used to do it standing at the sink with shaving gel but was always awkward to wash up after. Now I just do it in the shower, I don't even use gel, just soap lathered on my head, and a regular Wilkinson Sword blade (the hydro 5 one). What I'd say is avoid disposable blades as you won't get a good shave with them.

I had those skull shavers in the past, but I found no real difference between it and a regular blade. I don't wet shave my face so I suppose I don't go through them that quickly.

Funnily enough I find I get a closer shave if I've let it grow a few days, which I usually don't, but sometimes I'm lazy enough for that to happen (especially these days).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same. I wanted to do the same thing but the wife is having none of it. She hates the bald look but I reckon it’s better than receding/styling to hide the bald patches look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Loughc wrote:
    Same. I wanted to do the same thing but the wife is having none of it. She hates the bald look but I reckon it’s better than receding/styling to hide the bald patches look.

Yep! I'm the same, so I shaved it all off two weeks ago, luckily she doesn't mind. Anyway, it's growing faster on the sides than on top, but not too noticeable! Definitely worth a go, especially in the current times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So it's not just me living under a cruel tryanny, then?

We must revolt.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Loughc wrote: »

It might surprise her, our lass doesnt want me to let mine grow again now, even though she thought she would hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Don't forget the bay rum for a cue ball shine.I use a mac 3 every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Fair play. I did it few years ago. Took me ages to build up to it. Now I'm delighted I did it.

Had a pitbull shaver at the start. You're not supposed to use them in the shower, which I didn't and didn't think it did a good job. Eventually I said f**k it and started using it in the shower. It did a better job but it inevitably broke due to incorrect use.

I just use a wet blade in the shower now. You just get used to it fairly quick.

Advertisement