Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dragonpass 10 USD (8.99 EUR) per visit (Airport Lounge Access)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Is this still available, I note some posters couldn't avail of it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

august12 wrote: »
    Is this still available, I note some posters couldn't avail of it yesterday.

I entered the promo code and I still only have Silver access so I presume it has indeed finished.

Maybe someone can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

FLOOPER wrote: »
    I entered the promo code and I still only have Silver access so I presume it has indeed finished.

Maybe someone can confirm.

My experience too.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Gone. Other sites reporting it too. Can an [expired] be slapped on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Can you book Someone else in with your own dragonpass?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Can you book Someone else in with your own dragonpass?

Interested in this too. Can I screenshot the QR code and send it to someone else? Or let someone else log into my account on their phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Nermal

Edited: within the DragonPass app, under card details, it says ‘accompanying guest allowed: no’, so looks like no sharing.

Am I right that though the passes are valid for a year, we’ve only got a month to buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Nermal wrote: »
    Edited: within the DragonPass app, under card details, it says ‘accompanying guest allowed: no’, so looks like no sharing.

Am I right that though the passes are valid for a year, we’ve only got a month to buy them?

The Platinum Status is valid for a year but there is no guarantee that Dufry might pull it at any time :)

So it's a bit of a risk but according to the settings at the moment you should be able to buy for a year.

Nermal wrote: »

I saw that, but if the lounge staff only scan the QR code and don't bother checking the name you might be able to get away with it...

The Dragonpass website says this, might be able to chance it with the staff if they argue.
    https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/about/faqs
    Can I bring guests or children to the airport lounge?
    Each lounge has its own policies regarding guests and children. Please check the lounge information in the lounge description provided in the App. If the lounge permits guests, please do take note that you will need to have sufficient visit toped up in your membership as one visit will be deducted from it for each guest accessing the lounge. If you received your membership from your issuer, please do check with your issuer for more details about rules of bringing guests to access the Lounge.

Afaik, the pass lasts a year but you only get a discount for the first month. After a month it's $25 per visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

irish_goat wrote: »
    I saw that, but if the lounge staff only scan the QR code and don't bother checking the name you might be able to get away with it...

The Dragonpass website says this, might be able to chance it with the staff if they argue.

Afaik, the pass lasts a year but you only get a discount for the first month. After a month it's $25 per visit.

So we should buy a few passes at $10 a go within the first month of membership to have for later?

• Advertisement

So we should buy a few passes at $10 a go within the first month of membership to have for later?

Yep. They appear to allow refunds for unused passes if you buy too many as well.

Tough to know how many to buy as it's a lot less useful to me if I can't bring a guest...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

If anyone has tried today, is it asking for a referral ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Has anyone been able to get this working ?

Travelling a good bit over the next few months so would not mind haveing this

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Has anyone been able to get this working ?

Travelling a good bit over the next few months so would not mind haveing this

As far as I see everyone, including myself, who registered early with code are able to avail of the deal. I personally bought five vouchers.

It appears code no longer works.

So basically everyone who registered with the code before it expired can still avail of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Where do you buy the vouchers at on the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Where do you buy the vouchers at on the app?

DragonPass app: go to "My Cards" at the bottom of the screen, and tap the "+ Add Visit(s)" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

You know, once this is set up you are only using the DragonPass app. I know the Red by Dufry Platinum membership expires in a month, but my DragonPass membership clearly says valid till January 2021.

I reckon the $10 deal will last for a full year!

galwaydoc wrote: »
    You know, once this is set up you are only using the DragonPass app. I know the Red by Dufry Platinum membership expires in a month, but my DragonPass membership clearly says valid till January 2021.

I reckon the $10 deal will last for a full year!

Hopefully. OP signed up first so maybe they can check when their first month is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Hopefully. OP signed up first so maybe they can check when their first month is up.

Didn’t sign up as I have prioritypass already

redcup342 wrote: »

Ah ok, well maybe someone else got in early. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Ah ok, well maybe someone else got in early. :)

Still 10USD for me.

Greg81 wrote: »
    Still 10USD for me.

When did you sign up?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I just got my first lounge pass there for €9 for a trip out of Dublin this week. Signed up the evening the BA was posted.

I presume you just have the barcode thing in My Memberships scanned when entering the lounge?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aflossj

Any one else getting this screen while trying to get the pass?

I fixed this by logging into dragonpass on its desktop site and changing the email address to one not associated with the dufry account.

Then retried the process and received my dragonpass credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

When did you sign up?

17th in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I've used this twice in the last few days first was Wed in Heathrow and the second this evening in Montreal. I bought 5 passes and just looked there and they are still $10 for me to purchase more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

redcup342 wrote: »

Well many thanks for sorting the rest of us out. I used this in Dublin airport this weekend - I purposely arrived two hours early for the flight and managed to have a chicken wrap, hummus and carrot, a bit of chocolate biscuit cake, two bottles of Heineken, a jameson, some nuts/crisps and grabbed some fruit for the flight. All this while browsing the Irish times and, for the hell of it, the FT. All in a very quiet environment with great WiFi, clean spacious toilets and comfy seats. Incredible stuff for less than a tenner and hands down the best bargain alert I've ever experienced. Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Still $10 for me, used it twice so far, might as well add a few just in case.
    Early contender for ba of the year IMO, going to save a fortune.
    Cheers op.

If you can still get the $10 price after a month this will be bargain alert of the year for defs.

Just need to test if I can get a guest in with the same pass and we'd be golden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you can still get the $10 price after a month this will be bargain alert of the year for defs.

Just need to test if I can get a guest in with the same pass and we'd be golden.

Clearly says you can't?

Advertisement