Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 BDO World Championships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

boomdocker wrote: »
    Just switched on...

Yer man Landman miscounts at match dart, needs d18 thinks he need d16 andd hits it..

Jesus swept

He needed double 13 and hit double 8

Miscounted by 10 points

He should be home and hosed anyway. Parletti should be led away in handcuffs after this. he's gotten away with murder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Graphics all over the shop :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

My local tournament streamed on Facebook has better production than this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

boomdocker wrote: »
    Just switched on...

Yer man Landman miscounts at match dart, needs d18 thinks he need d16 andd hits it..

Jesus swept

Willie O Connor did it in the PDC, It happens

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Delighted Landman won. By far the better player and I remember him from a year or two ago looking really good but lost out to another guy in a very heavy scoring game that Landman would have beaten any other player. Love his pace of play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

They should do like PDC do with one of their tournaments, and put this on at a holiday camp, like Minehead. That's if the tournament still exists next year. Decent crowds and should get the venue for half nothing too.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

They should do like PDC do with one of their tournaments, and put this on at a holiday camp, like Minehead. That's if the tournament still exists next year. Decent crowds and should get the venue for half nothing too.

Ya, somewhere like Lakeside, Frimley Green...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

US2 wrote: »
    Ya, somewhere like Lakeside, Frimley Green...

Haha, but there's plenty of cheap caravan parks around the country since they weren't happy with Lakeside, this venue is dire.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

For anyone who hasn't seen Beau Greeves play yet I highly recommend it. Shes on around 7:40 tonight. 14 years old. Your mind will be blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I heard it all from Paul Nicholson this afternoon. Imagine saying that if both players were throwing 105 three dart averages, and 85% checkouts each, the games would get a little bit BORING. Ha ha. Talk about polishing turds. The opposite is boring

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I heard it all from Paul Nicholson this afternoon. Imagine saying that if both players were throwing 105 three dart averages, and 85% checkouts each, the games would get a little bit BORING. Ha ha. Talk about polishing turds. The opposite is boring

I thought he meant if one player was averaging that and wiping the floor with another?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The crowd are sitting in total darkness.
    The scores are on a portable tv thrown on the side of the stage.
    Shadows on the board.
    One guy on the stage to ref/call the scores.

Lakeside was top notch compared to this crap. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

US2 wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't seen Beau Greeves play yet I highly recommend it. Shes on around 7:40 tonight. 14 years old. Your mind will be blown.

Bizarre name for a girl.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Bizarre name for a girl.

Even more bizarre is the pronunciation = Bo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** me the entrances are cronic

anyone spot a sleeper yet ha

If Herewini leans any further he’ll tip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I thought he meant if one player was averaging that and wiping the floor with another?

I think he said both of them. He was making the point that the mix of hitting numbers and missing numbers made it more suspenseful!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Haha, but there's plenty of cheap caravan parks around the country since they weren't happy with Lakeside, this venue is dire.
    Most of the summer comps and opens are held at holiday parks.

I like this commentator on eurosport, sounds knowledgeable and seems to be engrossed in the generally lamentable proceedings.
    This match on now pretty decent tbf between Herewini and Stainton

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

danmci wrote: »
    Atrocious venue. Looks and sounds like a bad wedding

They couldn't even get the sound of the darts right. Sounds like pencils being thrown at the board

I like that old school sound. All we need is pints, cigarette smoke and Bushy moustaches :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I like this commentator on eurosport, sounds knowledgeable and seems to be engrossed in the generally lamentable proceedings.
    This match on now pretty decent tbf between Herewini and Stainton

John Gwynn. Used to do Darts with Sky (possibly still does) and does Soccer Saturday reporting

I think Herewini wins easy now that he's levelled at a set apiece. His dander is up.
    3 - 1 to Herewini for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

1st prize for men is £50k, I feel this is the end for BDO. This is like Vauxhall conference darts v premiership. Venue poor, cheap looking dartboards and to be fair and odd good player.

John Gwynn. Used to do Darts with Sky (possibly still does) and does Soccer Saturday reporting

Thanks for that. Never really heard of him. Deserves more gigs/whatever;
    sounds like the sort of bloke who could also do the cricket/rugby and the likes.
    Maybe he does.

Waiting for "no one misses double 2"

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Stewball

1st prize for men is £50k, I feel this is the end for BDO.

Have any of the PDC 'majors' this low of a 1st prize?

Waiting for "no one misses double 2"

I'll be waiting a while longer :o:)

Stewball wrote: »

Obviously not. PDC is a fully professional global brand that draws in millions from tv companies and advertisers

Stewball wrote: »

Unlikely i'd say :D
    Don't have a clue though, surely someone on here would know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Audio tonight is a lot better. But the stage setup seems so wrong imho.

I’m not on the BDO death side yet and I’m willing to give it until next Sunday to see how it progresses.

Yes the standard of play is inferior but it’s always thrown up some fun matches.

Advertisement