Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

LeBron acting as point guard is some of the most uninspiring basketball I have ever seen. Terrible hero ball and shots in the 4th too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bot43 wrote: »
    Gents - using vpn with pass and tunnel bear. Live games can be choppy when casting. Is this (free) tunnel bears fault? Or should I pay for a better vpn?

No such issues when watching highlights later or watching live on the iPad

are you after signing up using the Indian pass ? if so you can start the VPN, start the app and then turn off the VPN. Works fine for me so far this year anyway !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,688 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ROTY, MIP next?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

ROTY, MIP next?

He is absolutely unreal, really looking forward to watching him play live again, he is just one of those players, definitely an MVP in the making

Warriors rumored to be making a big play for Greek freak next year, makes sense but a lot o things would Nes to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Devon Booker absolutely destroyed Simmons in the fourth last night. He's going to be having nightmares about him.

• Advertisement

Devon Booker absolutely destroyed Simmons in the fourth last night. He's going to be having nightmares about him.

Booker is excellent, one of those players that will pop up with 20+ points and it’s middle of the 3rd and you are like, how did that happen

Glad Rubio's doing great in Phoenix.
    Especially after reading this piece last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,357 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Newly promoted starting PF Zach Collins out for Portland for at least 4 months, can't see them going much longer before making a trade for someone like Love/Gallinari or even Aldridge/Griffin now.

Damian Lillard puts up a career high 60 in a home loss to the Nets, CJ McCollum scores 8 points on 19 shots to go along with 0 assists. Portland looking like Kemba's Hornets this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,014 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lakers playing some very good defense thus far. Vogel off to a strong start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

Watched the Raptors @ Pelicans last night. I was really impressed by Siakam, I know it's only against the Pels but 44 points and 10 rebounds is top level numbers, looked like he was playing against kids at some points. Raptors showing no signs of slowing down from last season.

Hayward with a broken hand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Season is already starting to remind me of that year everyone in the playoffs but the Warriors (IIRC?) had their star player go down one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

Pels picked up only their 2nd win of the season at the Hornets and their 1st road win. Wasn't a great game by any stretch but glad to see my Pels get a win and snap a 3 game losing streak. Rockets at home next, who are cruising against the Bulls in Chicago right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was in the US last week but didn't get to a game. have tickets for GS v Orlando on Dec. 1st but not even sure if I want to go now given the state of GS.

Anyone been watching Luka this year? His passingright now is a joy to watch. The degree of difficulty on some of them is off the charts.

PLAYER PTS FG FGA FG% FT FTA FT% REB AST STL BLK PER
    A 28.5 9.6 20.1 48.0 6.4 7.7 83.6 11.1 9.4 1.3 0.1 28.8
    B 23.1 8.4 17.9 47.2 5.1 6.8 75.0 6.2 6.1 1.9 0.6 25.7

Who is better?
    Player A
    Player B

Player A is Luka Doncic this season. He's 20-years-old and in his second year in the NBA.

Player B is LeBron James in 2004-05. At that point, he was 20-years-old and in his second year in the NBA.

On a per-game basis, he's still scoring more than a 20-year-old LeBron did despite playing 7.5 fewer minutes. What's happening with Doncic right now in Dallas is incredibly special.

Oh god look who's back

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1195158126904913920?s=20
    Portland is signing Carmelo Anthony, league source tells ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Coby White shooting some filthy 3 pointers lately. Pity for the Bulls, Lavine takes some ****ing stupid shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Ah **** the Bulls. I'm done.

I've had my share of following teams through grim spells but nothing like this. Rotten to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Advertisement

Why? Just why?

Our only healthy player above 6'7 is Anthony Tolliver :o

Was in the US last week but didn't get to a game. have tickets for GS v Orlando on Dec. 1st but not even sure if I want to go now given the state of GS.

Anyone been watching Luka this year? His passingright now is a joy to watch. The degree of difficulty on some of them is off the charts.

PLAYER PTS FG FGA FG% FT FTA FT% REB AST STL BLK PER
    A 28.5 9.6 20.1 48.0 6.4 7.7 83.6 11.1 9.4 1.3 0.1 28.8
    B 23.1 8.4 17.9 47.2 5.1 6.8 75.0 6.2 6.1 1.9 0.6 25.7

Who is better?
    Player A
    Player B

Player A is Luka Doncic this season. He's 20-years-old and in his second year in the NBA.

Player B is LeBron James in 2004-05. At that point, he was 20-years-old and in his second year in the NBA.

On a per-game basis, he's still scoring more than a 20-year-old LeBron did despite playing 7.5 fewer minutes. What's happening with Doncic right now in Dallas is incredibly special.

I wouldn’t be making an effort for any GS game, we suck soooo bad, was at the Celtics game last night, it was actually good to be honest but that probably had more to do with it being Friday night. The one team I want to see this Season is the Macs for Doncic, I think he is sensational, I got tickets for around Xmas I think plus next year, Mavs look really promising

Melo makes his Blazers debut tonight and Lillard is out for the game, 30 points on 40 shots incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,351 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Happy fifteenth anniversary to a poor enough moment for the NBA with what became known as the malice at the palace in Detroit when the pistons and the pacers and lots of fans got aquatinted in ways they really never should be.

Melo makes his Blazers debut tonight and Lillard is out for the game, 30 points on 40 shots incoming.

He's STARTING! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Some interesting thoughts about NBA ratings. Shorten the season (75 games), starting it later - closer to Thanksgiving. Also, a 'mid year' tournament of some sort, similar to what all goes on with football in Europe.

I doubt anything happens unless the league's bottom line starts shrinking. imo there are way too many teams and the season's too long.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/20/the-schedule-shakeup-nba-may-make-to-combat-struggling-ratings/

Luka finishes the first quarter vs GSW with 22/5/5, the kid is unreal.

Finishes with 35/10/11 in 26 minutes

• Advertisement

For comparison, THE ENTIRE GSW TEAM had 16/4/4!! :eek:

Advertisement