Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nascar 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

NASCAR at Phoenix starting now but is on Premier Sports 2 again. La Liga is causing us problems as it's getting preference over NASCAR.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I want Kyle Busch to start winning this weekend at Phoenix and getting on a roll.

And he did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah Kyle was on top all night. Truex came late and fast, he'd have won if there was another ten laps.
    Harvick had a bad night on a track he normally dominates on.
    Blaney the best of the Penske's and Almirola the best of the Stewart-Haas which was surprising.

A lot of stuff going on about Kyle Busch going for his 200th win in all Nascar this weekend. They even had a poll up of who is better Kyle or the King which is a bit ridiculous imo.
    I'd be of the opinion that he and Kevin Harvick are the two best drivers right now but Kyle has only one Nascar Cup championship to this point in his career. I think it's very disrespectful to Jimmie Johnson to be comparing Kyle with Richard Petty.
    Kyle's taken advantage of being allowed to take part in truck and Xfinity races and most of his 199 wins have come in these events against lesser drivers where he also has the advantage of the best cars most of the time.

Anyways rant over.

This week we are on to California for the Auto club 400. It's a very tough track on tyres and there could be lots of cautions. Kyle is favourite with Harvick and Keslowski also strongly fancied.
    Austin Dillon has the pole and the man on the pole has won the last two renewals of this race. The much improved Aric Almirola sits third on the grid sandwiched between Harvick and Kyle Busch with Logano and Denny Hamlin making up the top six.
    Two drivers with a good history at this track who didn't qualify so well are Kyle Larson in 15th and Martin Truex jnr. in 27th. It's clear Truex has a great long run car but it's unlikely that'll be very helpful in a 400 mile race which should have plenty of cautions.
    I'm going for Almirola to cause a bit of an upset and take this one. Dillon can do it if they can hold their qualifying speed. Obviously Busch and Harvick will he right there along with the Penske boys and I'm including Blaney along with Brad and Joey.

So Aric for the win for me from Brad, Ryan Blaney and Harvick. Just have a feeling it doesn't suit Kyle's hard charging style.

And yet again Eir are not showing it on Eir Sport 2 due to Premier Sports putting on La Liga, but thankfully it's free to watch on Freesports tonight from 7pm.

Freesports, Freesat channel 252 or sky 429. In SD though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

8 to go and Kyle busch is in front, hopefully he can pull it off and get his 200th win

O Reilly auto parts 500 tonight from Texas.
    This could see the return of one of the all time greats to the winners enclosure. Chevy seem to have finally got their act together. Jimmie Johnson got the pole in qualifying and he then had the fastest 10 lap average in final practice. Those were laps 29 to 38 which suggests he has long run speed as well as being fast out of the blocks.
    Also doing well is Brad Keselowski.
    Kyle Busch is going for the weekend treble after winning the truck series race on Friday and getting lucky with a late race caution to get the win in the Xfinity race.
    A dark horse is Daniel Hemric, did well to qualify seventh and then have the 7th best 10 lap average as well. He has two top 20 finishes on the season and while he has qualified well before he has never shown good speed over 10 laps in practice. He drives a Chevy like Johnson so if the Chevy is back on top then we has a great chance.
    Also in big team Chevrolets are Austin Dillon, Hemric's teammate' and Chase Elliott, Johnson's teammate.

As always, looking for the Kyle Busch win

Johnson lead for most of the first stage, lost time in the pits to Logano and finished second in stage. Had another bad put stop at the end of the stage and came out around 8th and now languishing back in 13th.
    Elliott currently leading from Logano and the Busch brothers Kyle and Kurt.

Denny Hamlin gets the win, his second of the season. Jimmie Johnson finished, his crew were poor today, they'll have to improve if he is going to get a win.
    Kyle led quite a few laps, most of anybody, but lost it on a turn and lost a couple of spots, then hit the wall and had to pit. I think he finished 10th, which makes it seven top tens from seven races.
    Lots of different leaders today, great race.

• Advertisement

Food City 500 at Bristol. I love Bristol, it's a real old track, it's difficult to pass and it's very easy to lose it on the high side. I think we'll see the cars start out loose and stay towards the bottom of the track and then move up to the outside more when the cars start to tighten up.
    Favourite again this week is Kyle Busch who had the fastest 10 lap average in final practice. Jimmie Johnson qualified 10th this week but had the fastest lap and second fastest 10 lap average in final practice. His two teammates Chase Elliott and William Byron sit on the front row, with Penske's Ryan Blaney on the second row followed by Eric Jones, last week's winner Denny Hamlin and Aric Almirola making up the top six.
    This week I fancy Johnson and Elliott with Hamlin a danger man. I just think this Chevy improvement is going to pay off very soon. Hamlin is on fire at the minute and even though Kyle is in serious form I don't like that he is starting so far back. Anything can happen as you try to make your way to the front on a tight track like this.

Race not on TV again this week

Yeah, still on Premier Sports 2 because of LaLiga on the first channel. If they stuck it on Freesports that'd be much handier for everyone.

Kyle got the win, he didn't have the best car but got it done with his brother Kurt getting second

I hope Kyle can win a second cup title this year.

Jordan 199 wrote:
    I hope Kyle can win a second cup title this year.
    I've always liked him and he is a great driver, just wish he'd stop padding his stats in the lower levels. I don't think it's right that he competes so often in the truck and Xfinity series.

Last night's race saw MartinTruex Jr get his first ever short track win. He held off the persistent challenges of Joey Logano and Clint Bowyer to get the win.
    Kevin Harvick started on pole and looked good until the first caution, then he fell back and with 40 to go was 7 seconds behind Truex, by the finish he was only 1.5 seconds behind the winner.

So no race for Easter weekend. Jimmie Johnson ran the Boston Marathon on Monday. It was his first marathon and he ran it in 3 hours 9 minutes, not bad for a 43 year old Nascar driver.

Back tonight after the Easter break for the Geico 500 from Talladega.
    Austin Dillon in the no.3 car has the pole. This was the late, great Dale Earnhardt's car back in the day and it won around this track many times. Aric Almirola, Clint Bowyer, Brad Keselowski and Ricky Stenhouse jnr make up the top five.
    Keselowski has six wins at the track, his teammate Joey Logano has three and Ryan Blaney has none but has led a hell of a lot of laps around this place. Those Penske boys should be in contention tonight.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

• Advertisement

Is it on the box?

NASCAR is rain delayed this evening. The race is on Premier Sports 2 again so not much fun.

Yeah, not looking good for tonight. Larson has been best all weekend but if they get to go tonight I don't think it suits him with all the grip washed off the track. Very hard to run up high like he does under those conditions.
    Kyle Busch has an awful record in the spring race at Dover. Harvick has been going well this weekend but his car has not been consistent through races at any stage this season. Truex and Erik Jones have looked good. Last week's winner Chase Elliott has the pole.

Looks like we are getting some action. All about to get going, national anthem just finished.
    I doubt we ate going to get a full race though, seems to be more weather threatening to come through in about an hour.

Tonight at 12.30am we get the Digital Ally 400 from Kansas.
    Kevin Harvick has been the man all week ably assisted by his teammates Clint Bowyer and Aric Almirola. Just Busch and Kyle Larson have had a decent week also and Chase Elliott has been up there as well.
    Not many of the Toyotas have shown much and some of them haven't even completed a consecutive 10 laps in practice but you can never rule out Kyle Busch and past weeks runaway winner Martin Truex jnr.
    Gotta fancy that Truex will get in the mix again with how good his car was last weekend. Harvick though has had the best 10 lap averages in both practices and he also qualified on pole.

Coca Cola 600 starting in the next half hour or so.
    Kyle Busch is a strong favourite after qualifying in third and dominating final practice with the best 5, 10, 15 and 20 lap averages.
    The whole Joe Gibbs team has looked good this weekend. Penske boys can never be ruled out of course. Harvick and the Haas team look a little below their normal level this weekend but again you can never rule them out.
    Final word goes to Alex Bowman who has finished second the last three weeks. Thus young man has replaced Dale Earnhardt Jr in the no.88 which is a lot of pressure for a young driver. It looks like he is coming close to a win, it'd be nice to see him get it in time next of the flagship races like this one.

I'm gonna go with Martin Truex jnr ftw in this one after a big duel with Kyle.

A great race tonight, think there was 26 lead changes. Truex got it done.

Another victory for Kyle Busch at Pocono yesterday. He was won 55 Nascar Cup races :cool:

Yeah, dominated yesterday. Truex car was poor yesterday, felt he was the only guy who could challenge Kyle.
    They need to work on getting Erik Jones a win now to have their whole team in the playoffs. Serious chance that it's a Toyota driver winning the cup series title this year.

• Advertisement

Sonoma was a great race for Toyota with four of them finishing in the top five. I'm happy with that.

Advertisement