Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Let's all talk about Lewis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

quokula wrote: »
    You may call this ignoring a black flag.

Errm, when a driver does not remove himself from the race after receiving a black flag, what should you call it? That is a very serious breach of the regulations, the fact that the original offense that he was having his little hissy fit over was so minor is irrelevant.

Schumacher was certainly the best driver of his generation, with a strong claim to be the best ever. He has an even stronger claim to be the most arrogant, self-entitled, unsportsmanlike F1 driver ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

quokula wrote: »
    The full story was that he overtook Hill on the formation lap for a moment, gave the place back

That's deeply misrepresenting what happened. He overtook Hill several times, for significant stretches (this absolutely was not him just nosing ahead by accident), on BOTH formation laps. He was utterly taking the piss, and punishing the blatant rule breaking was completely correct.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

This wont end well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

His "apology" really isn't one.
    However, after watching the video, I felt it showed that there is still a lot of uncertainty about the side effects most importantly and how it is going to be funded

What "uncertainty"? Vaccines save lives, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

I like Klopp approach when asked about Covid "Ask a doctor not a football trainer"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Harika wrote: »
    I like Klopp approach when asked about Covid "Ask a doctor not a football trainer"

No one asked Lewis though.

Seems to be a common theme with his public pronouncements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

About time his employer told him to shut up and concentrate on his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

If Lewis cares so much about human rights,m why does he race in China and Bahrain?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Pkiernan wrote: »
    If Lewis cares so much about human rights,m why does he race in China and Bahrain?

He does it because that's where the races are and because he is a driver not a politician. I agree he should have kept his mouth shut about this unless he had done research and had real facts about it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

AMKC wrote: »
    He does it because that's where the races are and because he is a driver not a politician. I agree he should have kept his mouth shut about this unless he had done research and had real facts about it.

He take a knee, then ignores Chinese concentration camps.
    Classy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

namloc1980 wrote: »

According to the Daily Star...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Anjobe wrote: »
    According to the Daily Star...:rolleyes:

No according to the video of him bringing this up. Nice deflection though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

namloc1980 wrote: »

And a homophobe

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

And a homophobe

Explain? Genuinely curious, has he made a few remarks in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Explain? Genuinely curious, has he made a few remarks in the past?

A pretty well known incident relating to a social media post about his nephew in a dress.

Do a search with your preferred search engine and you can judge for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i dont know why someone doesnt pull him aside and tell him to cop on. he is damageing what little positivity people have towards him. at the start of his career his actions rightly gave him his bad reputation. then he warmed up t o people in the last few years but now this all this anti rcist and look at me im a victim is pissing off a lot of people.
    it is damaging his brand , mercs brand, and f1 in general

i dont know why someone doesnt pull him aside and tell him to cop on. he is damageing what little positivity people have towards him. at the start of his career his actions rightly gave him his bad reputation. then he warmed up t o people in the last few years but now this all this anti rcist and look at me im a victim is pissing off a lot of people.
    it is damaging his brand , mercs brand, and f1 in general

Because he is so powerful now and we all know if anybody tried that he would play the race card and poor old me rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

It is natural that there is a lot of anti Louis Hamilton backlash from racists. I am sure he expected that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

rock22 wrote: »
    It is natural that there is a lot of anti Louis Hamilton backlash from racists. I am sure he expected that

I dont care if its a purple dinosaur named Barney. Any gobshįte spouting anti-vax crap deserves all the backlash they get.

• Advertisement

rock22 wrote: »

What a load of garbage he is a human being like all of us no different at all except he is shouting his mouth off about anti-vax, was caught out and is now is back peddling.

Stick to racing and give over the politics is peoples only ask here.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I dont care if its a purple dinosaur named Barney. Any gobshįte spouting anti-vax crap deserves all the backlash they get.
    TCP/IP wrote: »
    What a load of garbage he is a human being like all of us no different at all except he is shouting his mouth off about anti-vax, was caught out and is now is back peddling.

Stick to racing and give over the politics is peoples only ask here.

Stick to criticizing him about the anti-vax stuff then. Posts #142 and #143 don't mention anti-vax but do mention his anti-racism position, and criticizing that is racist I'm afraid.

Stick to criticizing him about the anti-vax stuff then. Posts #142 and #143 don't mention anti-vax but do mention his anti-racism position, and criticizing that is racist I'm afraid.

So you just proved my point that anything said about him in a negative light is classed as racism god help the world we live in nowadays.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    So you just proved my point that anything said about him in a negative light is classed as racism god help the world we live in nowadays.

He posted an anti-vax video. Criticizing that is perfectly valid, and I don't think there has been anyone on here defending that.

Criticizing a man of colour for promoting a campaign to end racial inequality and racial injustice, and for his efforts to get his sport to unite against racism, is racist. Do you really not see that? Ignorance of the issues among people who don't see racism around them much is understandable, but is a large part of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

The only thing fragile white men hate more than a poor black person is a successful black person. They see Lewis Hamilton, a man of colour who has beaten the odds and become the best in a white man's sport. Some white people seem to feel his success is a kick in the teeth and just can't reconcile that a black person is at that level due to their bigotry.

They then find any excuse to lambast him be it over his environmental and racial activism and most recently his poor comments about a vaccine. Sorry lads that black man is still going to be on top and be the best there was. Keep crying.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    The only thing fragile white men hate more than a poor black person is a successful black person. They see Lewis Hamilton, a man of colour who has beaten the odds and become the best in a white man's sport. Some white people seem to feel his success is a kick in the teeth and just can't reconcile that a black person is at that level due to their bigotry.

They then find any excuse to lambast him be it over his environmental and racial activism and most recently his poor comments about a vaccine. Sorry lads that black man is still going to be on top and be the best there was. Keep crying.

Pretty much sums up what a previous poster said. Hamilton cant cover up the anti-vax or expect to be immune (pardon the pun) from the criticism because of his race or try to hide behind his race. The fact you immediately jump to playing the race card is hilarious.

The only racism ironically is displayed by you. Do you think only "fragile white men" have an issue with anti-vax? That the only people actually understanding vaccines are white racists or can only racists would be annoyed by his comments? I'm sure people of colour would also be disgusted at his comments and understand how wrong he is.

Pretty much sums up what a previous poster said. Hamilton cant cover up the anti-vax or expect to be immune (pardon the pun) from the criticism because of his race or try to hide behind his race. The fact you immediately jump to playing the race card is hilarious.

The only racism ironically is displayed by you. Do you think only "fragile white men" have an issue with anti-vax? That the only people actually understanding vaccines are white racists or can only racists would be annoyed by his comments? I'm sure people of colour would also be disgusted at his comments and understand how wrong he is.

All I'm saying is that people on the thread leap at the opportunity to criticize and dogpile Lewis at every opportunity they get. Why doesn't vettle or verstappen get the same treatment? I know the reason and so do you.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    All I'm saying is that people on the thread leap at the opportunity to criticize and dogpile Lewis at every opportunity they get. Why doesn't vettle or verstappen get the same treatment? I know the reason and so do you.

Have "vettle" or Verstappen said anything anti-vax?

If not then thats why. You can keep bringing race into it but its irrelevant.

Have "vettle" or Verstappen said anything anti-vax?

If not then thats why. You can keep bringing race into it but its irrelevant.

Yeah I misspelled Vettel that's my entire argument dismantled, well done Einstein. This thread existed before the vaccine incident. People saying they don't like him and not elaborating, people mocking his social justice and activist work against systematic racism, ignorance and bigotry suffered by him and millions of other BAME people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Must have read them a few times now, can't spot any sort of racism at all in either of them.

Criticizing an anti-racism stance is therefore racist. Serious mental gymnastics going on there.

Advertisement