Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

• 07-06-2017 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭

Folllowing a suggestion from another poster, This is a thread to discuss tournaments that wouldn't merit a thread and news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Adrian Lewis pulled out of the Shanghai and Las Vegas legs of the world series, Gerwyn Price has been selected as his replacement
    Delighted for Price he really has come on this year and proving over and over that he can compete with the elite players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Folllowing a suggestion from another poster, This is a thread to discuss tournaments that wouldn't merit a thread and news

So this is the BDO thread then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Adrian Lewis pulled out of the Shanghai and Las Vegas legs of the world series, Gerwyn Price has been selected as his replacement
    Delighted for Price he really has come on this year and proving over and over that he can compete with the elite players.

Price is a bit special but he has a lot of improving to do before he can be considered an elite player..Mark Webster carried him a lot in Wales' recent good run in the world cup. To think though that he only started playing about six years ago. Can see him in the top ten in couple of years from now.

anti-venom wrote:
    Price is a bit special but he has a lot of improving to do before he can be considered an elite player..Mark Webster carried him a lot in Wales' recent good run in the world cup. To think though that he only started playing about six years ago. Can see him in the top ten in couple of years from now.

Oh I know that he's not elite yet, he hasn't even won a major and only 1 individual final, but he is definitely showing he can play at that level. Most improved player over the last 18 months. These tournaments can only make him better. A few runs in the big majors and he will be Premier league.
    I think he will be top 10 by January.

BTW, we're you watching the same world cup as I was? Webster certainly didn't carry him, quite the oposite in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

If this isn't the place for this, please move it.

Technique question. My darts continuously hit the board with the points pointing up. Kind of loosely hanging there. Lots of bounce outs.

Is there any sort of common fix to this?

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote:
    Is there any sort of common fix to this?

Try longer stems if you're using short ones. Try hold the dart farther back. Or else just try different darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Dwayne 'the rock' Johnson and Peter 'the rock' Hudson. Seperated at birth.

the_rock.jpg

On his way back from 5-2 to beating Hubrechts 6-5 Paul Nicholson said he looked hungry.
    'Doesn't he always' quipped the commentator!

Van gerwen back to his best today, beat suljovic in the final. Noticeable run from Cristo Reyes. When he gets consistent he is going to be a real force.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Great win for Steve Beaton in this week's Players Championship. Beat Anderson in good fashion, seems like a top bloke.

• Advertisement

FineAle wrote: »
    Great win for Steve Beaton in this week's Players Championship. Beat Anderson in good fashion, seems like a top bloke.

A lot of fellas are called 'one of the nicer guys on the tour' but I think Beaton really is one of those. Seems like he's been around forever.
    A final for Anderson Saturday and a win Sunday so he's in decent form too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great to see Beaton get a win. He has been slipping down the rankings a bit but the ?10k he won might be enough to get him into the remaining majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Delighted for him. A great guy, met him at an exhibition a few years ago. Couldn't meet a sounder man. Saw that Gibraltar Darts documentary thing that sky had on recently & showed how he was struggling. A driving instructor I think he was, just to try pay the bills. That win will be massive for him

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So what tournaments are Phil Taylor going to do for the rest of the year ???

I wonder will he become a pundit for Sky after the 2018 World championships ???

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So what tournaments are Phil Taylor going to do for the rest of the year ???

I wonder will he become a pundit for Sky after the 2018 World championships ???

Oh god please no.

Excellent final between MvG and Michael Smith tonight. Without saying more and spoiling the outcome if you don't know it, it can be watched here:

Smith showing signs of rejuvenation again following his exit from premier league this year. Gibraltar winner last month, austrian final this month, he'll be happy with that.

I thought this was a typo but apparently there is 3 of them!

"The youngest of three brothers competing in the event after the trio won through Thursday's Host Nation Qualifier in Schwechat, Vienna, Rusty-Jake defied the disappointment of seeing elder siblings Rowby-John and Roxy-James knocked out to delight the Multiversum crowd"

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

gramar wrote: »
    I thought this was a typo but apparently there is 3 of them!

"The youngest of three brothers competing in the event after the trio won through Thursday's Host Nation Qualifier in Schwechat, Vienna, Rusty-Jake defied the disappointment of seeing elder siblings Rowby-John and Roxy-James knocked out to delight the Multiversum crowd"

I heard Mensur Suljovic talking about Rusty Jake about two years ago and he rated him the highest of the three brothers. He's not wrong - the boy could be world champion one day. Very exciting prospect.

MVG pipped 6-2 by Robb Cross today, always good to see an underdog success.

• Advertisement

Hey lads, could anyone recommend some good value sites to buy from? I've only started playing recently and I picked up a set of harrows ice 24g from a shop in town, but now I'm thinking they may not be right for me.
    I'd like to pick up a few different styles cheaply and hopefully find one I know suits me. If ye could point me in the right direction that'd be great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

especially when he played so well,was no fluke,having a storming time is cross

Hey lads, could anyone recommend some good value sites to buy from? I've only started playing recently and I picked up a set of harrows ice 24g from a shop in town, but now I'm thinking they may not be right for me.
    I'd like to pick up a few different styles cheaply and hopefully find one I know suits me. If ye could point me in the right direction that'd be great

I've bought a few times off dartscorner.co.uk, always do a great job. Picked up a few bargains trying different of barrels, weights etc

I've bought a few times off dartscorner.co.uk, always do a great job. Picked up a few bargains trying different of barrels, weights etc

I buy from Dartscorner too and never had a problem with them.
    It's a bit hit and miss buying darts over the net that you've never thrown
    so if you know anyone who plays I'd be throwing theirs first to see what weight and shape suits you best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I use pure darts, quick delivery normally bit cheaper than darts corner

501darts.ie keep it Irish!

Usually next day delivery, sound lad very helpful.

Thanks for the recommendations lads, I'll check those sites. unfortunately only one of my friends plays and he uses really old school brass darts that are 45g I think. Way too heavy for me.

To update, ive ordered a set of winmau snipers 23g. Got a throw off of Whitlock's series 10 and loved the barrel on it. Ended up using darts corner, tried 501 as I would like to keep it local but he had none in stock. Once again, thanks for your help. Sound bunch of lads

2017 Shanghai Darts Masters Draw Bracket:

Gary Anderson (1) v Wei Hong Li
    Raymond van Barneveld v Cheng An Liu
    Gerwyn Price (4) v Royden Lam
    Dave Chisnall v Paul Lim
    Michael van Gerwen (2) v Hai Long Chen
    Phil Taylor v Hyun Chul Park
    Peter Wright (3) v Haruki Muramatsu
    James Wade v Xiao Chen Zong

Starting tonight - ITV4

Taylor back for his first outing in a while, Should be good viewing.

• Advertisement

A clean sweep for the PDC big boys. Only 4 legs dropped in 6 matches.

shanghai.jpg

Advertisement