Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I'd be happy if they announced they were fixing red dead redemption's multiplayer.

With the success of GTA Online seemingly killing off any chance of single player dlc for GTA V, you have to wonder what that means for future rockstar games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So hyped for this, would love them to release it on PC at launch but I know that's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I'm guessing we will get a teaser in November for RDR2 and I'm hoping we might get some kind of RDR remaster for the PS4/XB before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

So the map that leaked a few months ago must have been real. They are using New Bordeaux so maybe sharing a universe with Mafia:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-17-looks-like-rockstar-is-teasing-read-dead-redemption-2

Can't effing wait for this. Would still love a remaster of Redemption for the PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm almost finished with my RDR play-through - got the last couple of missions to play still as I don't want to go through seeing
    John die :(

I'd be all over a sequel. I just want to put another 40 hours into that World (or its successor anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This just bumped up on my newsfeed...
    .. haven't played RDR in years. Definitely getting dusted off this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Played it for a short while over the weekend.

But there are only so many passers by one can hogtie and leave on the train tracks for the next arrival from Blackwater to deliver the 'coup de gras'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Magnificent Seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's definitely happening. Hooray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

RDR is my favourite game bar the Mass Effect series. The story was so so good i thought and was sad when it ended. I don't get that with any games these days so weather it's a remake or a brand new game i'll be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

goddang it R*

2 obscure images tweeted and they have everyone a-twitter (excuse the pun :D)

Even the rubberbandits have threatened on twitter, to shít in their letterbox, if they are trolling a remaster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The new picture definitely isn't a remaster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They'll announce it and we'll waiting 3 years for its release then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Looks more like it may be about the old gang.

Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hope we get a PC release for it, multiplayer on it tends to live much much longer there than on consoles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope we get a PC release for it, multiplayer on it tends to live much much longer there than on consoles.

Not true, 3 years on GTA 5 on consoles still has a great numbers in the multiplayer .

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

Not true, 3 years on GTA 5 on consoles still has a great numbers in the multiplayer .

In general, he's correct. There are still dedicated servers for GTA San Andreas online that is hugely active.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Looks more like it may be about the old gang.

Can't wait :)

That would be a great spin on it. Was there 7 of them? I can only see mention of 5 but 2 could died before Redemption.

In general, he's correct. There are still dedicated servers for GTA San Andreas online that is hugely active.

This, there are of course outlier games whose console multiplayer population lasts a long time but generally speaking PC versions of multiplatform games live the longest. Steams sales and the like helps add new blood after the initial launch.

Given how successful GTA 5 has been on the PC I would hope Rockstar recognise it as an equally viable platform which sadly they didn't do with RDR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

This, there are of course outlier games whose console multiplayer population lasts a long time but generally speaking PC versions of multiplatform games live the longest. Steams sales and the like helps add new blood after the initial launch.

Given how successful GTA 5 has been on the PC I would hope Rockstar recognise it as an equally viable platform which sadly they didn't do with RDR.

Have they ever announced PC sales, 6M is the highest estimate I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That would be a great spin on it. Was there 7 of them? I can only see mention of 5 but 2 could died before Redemption.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Dutch's_Gang
    Dutch's "Old Gang" consisted of, at least, Bill Williamson, Javier Escuella , John Marston and Abigail Marston, as well as Dutch himself. There very likely have been other unnamed members.

The guy to the right of the central character (John ?) looks a lot like Bill Williamson with the hat, the rifle,...

Then again it could be speculation, but it sure looks like him to me.
    As for a PC version: I think with the success of GTAV they will definitely bring it out on that platform too.

Varik wrote: »
    Have they ever announced PC sales, 6M is the highest estimate I've seen.

I've can only see the Steam figures but they're around that mark, as far as I can see GTA5 has sold around 20 million additional copies since it launched on the PS4/Xbox One/PC so that would mean the PC sales figures are healthy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonder if we get to play as them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dreamers75 wrote: »

yes, as paid dlc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It worked well for GTA V so I wouldn't mind something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think they will most likely launch with a PC version. They hired an all new team of PC developers for GTA V, that probably still work for them.

The fact that the game isn't cross generation like GTA V was helps too, much easier to cross develop a game for PS4/XBONE/PC than it was for PC/PS3/XBOX.

GTA V sold extremely well on PC. 5.5m copies on Steam and probably the same amount again over Rockstar Games Social Club. So maybe pushing 10m total. Add to the fact that the developers get to keep much larger chunk of the profits when selling games for PC compared to console which licensing fees must go to the console maker and a good chunk goes to the retailer too.

Hopefully we get a remaster before the it launches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I hope not, I thought the narrative in GTA V suffered because of the multiple characters and I don't think the ability to switch character added too much gameplay wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

RDR is my favourite game bar the Mass Effect series. The story was so so good i thought and was sad when it ended. I don't get that with any games these days so weather it's a remake or a brand new game i'll be very happy.

Yeah, I think its probably my favourite game too. Exceptional it was. Both the story mode and the Multiplayer. The multiplayer really rewarded those with skill, it was bloody brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FYI Red Dead is 10e on PSN for the next 2 days. After that it goes back up to 30e .
    I just got it again yesterday to play through as I don't have my xbox with me.

Advertisement