Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denver Broncos Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Bit harsh, I don't think EE has said anything like that. He's just said that if Tebow gets a shot, he'll take it and show he can be a succesful QB. He's acknowledged that Tebow needs work, I haven't seen him leading a campaign that Tebow is of elite starting calibre as it is or anything. He's just taking the view that the rest of the Tebow fans on here are taking - he has what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL and will be succesful some day. I dont think anyone is championing Tebow to lead a team to the Superbowl this year or anything - they're the type of idiots you'll get on NFL.com comments section and the like. EE is just saying, and I agree with him, that Tebow has intangibles of a high level that very few QBs ever have, and that if he can use these while working on his mechanics and make himself a better player then he'll make some franchise very happy one day.

Im sorry I have to disagree with you and EE post. Had he wrote that post without insulting the intellliegence of those who disagreed with him I would say fair enough each to his own. But to basically call us idiots in my book is not on.

But lets look at Tebows situation will we:

- He has flaws that don't suit an NFL starting QB
    - He has failed to fix those flaws
    - He is having a bad camp and pre-season. So bad to the extent that even some of the Tebow loving pundits are beginning to see that this so called determination is been out shone by actually talent at QB
    - He is now a 3rd string QB and it is obvious to everyone in the Pros that even now in his 2nd year he is still that project QB Josh McDaniels drafted.

Tebow is an amazing athlete and it showed in college. Unfortunately for him Florida were not ineterested in turning him into a NFL QB. Florida were quite happy to let it slide as lets face it he dominated college teams. Unfortunately you can't carry that immediate success with you to the pros and now Tebow is just an average QB at best with all this so called heart and determination.

My last word. The NFL is a business not a kindergarden. Tebow was naive to think that his heart and determination that made everybody love him in college would translate to the same love in the Pros. He went 1st round and has failed to live up to the expectation of a first round QB simples. Money talks and no company is going to hang onto to someone who can't do his job properly no matter how much he is determined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well I don't think EE called anyone here an idiot, he called the experts who are paid to write columns and give analysis idiots I think? Open to interpretation of course, but just one thing...
    My last word. The NFL is a business not a kindergarden. Tebow was naive to think that his heart and determination that made everybody love him in college would translate to the same love in the Pros. He went 1st round and has failed to live up to the expectation of a first round QB simples. Money talks and no company is going to hang onto to someone who can't do his job properly no matter how much he is determined.

What makes you say this?

It would be naive if he thought he would walk onto a team and everything would go swimmingly, but I've never seen Tebow champion himself as an elite NFL QB, or demand love from all the fans. I thought he was pretty open and clear that he knew he needed to work on his mechanics - he was very open about that even in the ESPN documentary. He's never come across as someone who thinks he has some divine right to be a QB in the NFL, he's just said that's what he wants to do and he's going to work hard at it to make his dreams come true. I don't think he's been naive at all, I think he's a humble guy who's been very up front about the hard work in store in order to make it in this league.

Well I don't think EE called anyone here an idiot, he called the experts who are paid to write columns and give analysis idiots I think? Open to interpretation of course, but just one thing...

Let me quote what Eagle eye said. Most certainly implies anyone who disagrees with him
    Thats the end of this for me. There is one guy here who is just trying to rise people but he is pretty poor at it. There are plenty who don't believe he can make it, I think these people don't understand how far ruthless determination can bring you.

As for the Naive thing. Tebow was being egged on by so many people from Bible bashers to Ex players to ex coaches that I truly believe he didn't think he needed as much work as it turned out he needed. when he came into the Pros I feel people were telling him it will be ok you will become a starter within 1 year because you have this heart and determination and all that jazz. But Im beginning to feel that now Tebow realises the task at hand is a larger uphill struggle than he first perceived it to be. He Naively came into the pros thinking he would be alright and it now hasn't panned out for him.

As someone else said Tebow isn't the only rookie who will put in a ton of work and commitment and heart and determination to get where they need to be. The thing is a lot of those rookies already have the skills to be Pro ready. Tebow doesn't and it is clear to us all that he is finding it tough especially now he is 3rd string behind 2 guys who are clearly ready to go.

Let me quote what Eagle eye said. Most certainly implies anyone who disagrees with him

Where did he call you an idiot though? :confused:

As for the Naive thing. Tebow was being egged on by so many people from Bible bashers to Ex players to ex coaches that I truly believe he didn't think he needed as much work as it turned out he needed. when he came into the Pros I feel people were telling him it will be ok you will become a starter within 1 year because you have this heart and determination and all that jazz. But Im beginning to feel that now Tebow realises the task at hand is a larger uphill struggle than he first perceived it to be. He Naively came into the pros thinking he would be alright and it now hasn't panned out for him.

But where's the evidence for this? There's been nothing to suggest he was thinking it would be a walk in the park, he's been very clear with how much work he knew it would take and that's even before he knew he would be a first rounder.

I know Tebow isn't good enough to start for the Broncos at the moment. I think he will be a starter for someone some day, but not the Broncos right now, but of all the things this has turned into, it's definitely not a "Tebow eating humble pie" or a "Tebow with egg on his face" scenario. Criticise how suitable he is for this league all you want, but imo his attitude has been anything but a stick to beat him with.

Where did he call you an idiot though? :confused:

By saying that just because we don't agree with him that we don't understand what the determination and heart can do for someone implies stupidity. When you belittle someones opinion into your own theory you are basically calling someone stupid in my eyes and insulting their intelligence.

But where's the evidence for this? There's been nothing to suggest he was thinking it would be a walk in the park, he's been very clear with how much work he knew it would take and that's even before he knew he would be a first rounder.

I know Tebow isn't good enough to start for the Broncos at the moment. I think he will be a starter for someone some day, but not the Broncos right now, but of all the things this has turned into, it's definitely not a "Tebow eating humble pie" or a "Tebow with egg on his face" scenario. Criticise how suitable he is for this league all you want, but imo his attitude has been anything but a stick to beat him with.

Each to their own Im not going round in circles with this anymore. Time will tell and right now its not looking good for Tebow. As for starting with Denver I highly doubt it. Denver will trade him or cut him next year. Its clear they don't want him anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jordans n Timbs

f*ck tebow

f*cker cant take a snap to save his life.......he looks like sh*t operating from the shotgun too....

f*ck tebow

f*cker cant take a snap to save his life.......he looks like sh*t operating from the shotgun too....

Tell us how you really feel? :D

Tell us how you really feel? :D

He's a poor man's Franchize tbh ;)

worst pick of that first round......hes a driven motherf*cker ill give him that....but i cant stand his canned ''leadership'' and gay speeches....

brady, rodgers, manning, big ben etc, those dudes are leaders.....they have fire, and they're also smart dudes.......and they EARNED the respect to be leaders....

tebow is just a meathead that just yells sh*t and tries to show u how hard he's going to work "dahhhh becuz da coach told me ta do it."

like....to me......hes a good backup to a stud QB....u get him to come in...give u high energy short term, he'll get u those tough yards to move the chains....he'd look good running the wildcat with cobb when we're blowing the other team out (no homo) but i dont want to pay his current salary....

like i said, f*ck him.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I like your straight talking,

• Advertisement

LMAO........sarcasm :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Seems heis now on the trading block. God I wish Denver still had McDaniels as there head coach.

http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNTheZone931/status/105744478358339585

lol that broncos front office is like the nfls version of the clippers......when they let cutler and marshall go i was like huuuuuuuuh ???????.....giving up 3 picks for tebowned.......lol.......f*ckery

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Honestly Tallaght you need to take a break I think. I wasn't calling you or anybody else on here an idiot. In fact as Tom_Brady said, I wasn't even referring to you guys in that sentence.

The sentence before was in reference to one guy on here but after it is a full stop not a comma. I'd use a comma if I was referring to others on here.

And even if it was referring to guys on here taking what I said to calling you an idiot is a huge stretch. Chillax man and don't be reading into something and finding thats not there.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Honestly Tallaght you need to take a break I think. I wasn't calling you or anybody else on here an idiot. In fact as Tom_Brady said, I wasn't even referring to you guys in that sentence.

The sentence before was in reference to one guy on here but after it is a full stop not a comma. I'd use a comma if I was referring to others on here.

And even if it was referring to guys on here taking what I said to calling you an idiot is a huge stretch. Chillax man and don't be reading into something and finding whats not there or not intended to be there.

I am calm Eagle Eye. As for taking a break haha Yeah that is what I need to do :rolleyes:

You said this:
    There are plenty who don't believe he can make it, I think these people don't understand how far ruthless determination can bring you.

You are honestly telling me that doesn't refer to everyone who thinks Tebow wont make it? :rolleyes: To say people don't understand something when they disagree with you is the reason they don't get it is in my book an insult on their intelligence and implies stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Honestly man I think you would fight with your own shadow right now. I don't have the time or inclination at the moment to go on with this.

If I read between the lines here then I can say that you are calling me a liar. Should I do that, are you calling me a liar?

Don't bother answering because I don't really care that much tbh. Just understand that going off on a rant and shouting that I was calling people idiots is just plain ridiculous.

Honestly man I think you would fight with your own shadow right now. I don't have the time or inclination at the moment to go on with this.

If I read between the lines here then I can say that you are calling me a liar. Should I do that, are you calling me a liar?

Don't bother answering because I don't really care that much tbh. Just understand that going off on a rant and shouting that I was calling people idiots is just plain ridiculous.

Dude the sentence is in black and white. Last time I checked I wasn't a mind reader or wizard.
    There are plenty who don't believe he can make it, I think these people don't understand how far ruthless determination can bring you.

How else does one read this when it clearly implies Everybody. Now to be fair the liar thing? Jumping to conclusions are we? I can only read what you write and what you wrote is a clear insult on the intelligence of those who think Tebow can't make it. As I said thats how it reads. If you dont like it be careful what you write ye know.

As for fighting with my own shadow haha brilliant you say that everytime to me and how long are posting on here :D I have used this same style of writing from day 1 and have admitted on many occasions I am an arrogant pr1ck. Hardly anything new at this point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

a_denygnb_gal.jpg
    Just understand that going off on a rant and shouting that I was calling people idiots is just plain ridiculous.
    Jumping to conclusions are we? I can only read what you write and what you wrote is a clear insult on the intelligence of those who think Tebow can't make it.

time-out.jpg

Hey! Let's play the game, and not each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Wow, 109 posts on Denver's 3rd string QB :D.

Since July, all Tebow has done is slip down the depth chart. He had the starting job prior to camp (which was why the Broncos were looking to ship Orton) and now he is a being overtaken on the depth chart by Brady Quinn!!! Its not often you see a player (let alone a QB) slip that far in the pecking order in such a short space of time.

For all of Tebow's heart and determination, that's not a good sign. You have to be asking why is he being convincingly beaten out by a mediocre QB in Orton and a below average QB in Brady Quinn. Why are the FO giving up (supposedly) on a player the franchise drafted in the 1st round last year already (granted it was not their selection)?

I'm not trying to hate on Tebow, he seems like a good guy and a good citizen, but I really dont believe all of his deficiencies as a QB can be fixed as a result of his own will and determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Orton definitely has a secure hold on the no.1 QB spot, but 2nd is still definitely up for grabs on last night's evidence. Supposedly we're not renewing orton after this year so Tebow will get his chance eventually imo. Orton does seem to give us the best chance to win right now by the looks, he was sharp again last night and was able to do much more with a better team around him than last year.....On a side note, the defence looks a lot better, Miller and Dumervil are a fearsome pass rushing pair by the looks of things already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

spiralism wrote: »
    Orton definitely has a secure hold on the no.1 QB spot, but 2nd is still definitely up for grabs on last night's evidence. Supposedly we're not renewing orton after this year so Tebow will get his chance eventually imo. Orton does seem to give us the best chance to win right now by the looks, he was sharp again last night and was able to do much more with a better team around him than last year.....On a side note, the defence looks a lot better, Miller and Dumervil are a fearsome pass rushing pair by the looks of things already

The will-they-re-sign Orton question is interesting . He is looking good and if Denvers defense improves he will get a better chance to win this season along with good stats

Interestingly he's had 2 x 3,500 yard seasons with 20 TDs in two seasons. John Elway had seasons with those statistics 4 times in 16 seasons. Yes i know it has become a pass happy league and Orton needs to improve his red zone and 4th Quarter stats (as even in 2010 these were blow-average) but if he improves his stats in those areas he will have a career year.

Could John Fox look past Orton in 2011 if he had a career year , certainly if he had a win comp average above 0.5 , i think it would be hard for him not to be re-signed. I think Tebow frankly is on the trade block at this point

Orton for someone where Denver were arranging his travel arrangements to Miami at one stage could strike it big in free agency come what may

What makes you say this?

It would be naive if he thought he would walk onto a team and everything would go swimmingly, but I've never seen Tebow champion himself as an elite NFL QB, or demand love from all the fans. I thought he was pretty open and clear that he knew he needed to work on his mechanics - he was very open about that even in the ESPN documentary. He's never come across as someone who thinks he has some divine right to be a QB in the NFL, he's just said that's what he wants to do and he's going to work hard at it to make his dreams come true. I don't think he's been naive at all, I think he's a humble guy who's been very up front about the hard work in store in order to make it in this league.

Definitely in Denver veterans in the Broncos organisation were not to enamoured with some things Toebow done. There were whisperings that after the initial Tebow-mainia had died down last year that Tebow should have respected the starter more

There was talk about inpromptu interviews after practice with huge numbers of media even though Tebow was the no.2 and the way that the circus was undermining Orton. Whilst i would say that Tebow is in no ways a classic diva , there has been exasperation this off-season that he wasnt reading defensive looks better ..so does the guy have the football IQ for the job

This is something that Brandon Lloyd alluded to in ways when thanking god Orton was back after the brief Miami trade talks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Paying two first round picks plus Orton, I was wondering how they were paying them all with the return of the cap

So I went to check what Brady Quinn was making
    5 yr(s) / $9,250,000
    700,000 for this year

It's lower then I thought considering he was a first round pick and they traded for him.
    It's pretty much minimum, just a little above

Just throwing that in there,

neilster wrote: »
    Definitely in Denver veterans in the Broncos organisation were not to enamoured with some things Toebow done. There were whisperings that after the initial Tebow-mainia had died down last year that Tebow should have respected the starter more

Do you have a source for this? What things were they not happy with? And don't come back with "well, there was whisperings" because that's bullshít. You said definitely, so where have these veterans been criticising Tebow for not respecting starters? Show me a link to these criticisms.
    There was talk about inpromptu interviews after practice with huge numbers of media even though Tebow was the no.2 and the way that the circus was undermining Orton.

He was answering questions for the media? Wow, what a jerk :rolleyes: Again, show me where the veterans have come out and criticised him for this?
    Whilst i would say that Tebow is in no ways a classic diva , there has been exasperation this off-season that he wasnt reading defensive looks better ..so does the guy have the football IQ for the job

This is something that Brandon Lloyd alluded to in ways when thanking god Orton was back after the brief Miami trade talks

Aaaaand there we go, classic neilster. Bringing up a point that wasn't even made. You quoted my post where I talked about nothing but his attitude, why are you going on about reading defences?

<snip>

Fair enough, show me where he guaranteed that would happen? I see an opinion, but I don't see a guarantee. When you predicted the Pats would address their pass rush in the draft, was that an opinion or a guarantee?

lol thanks for that. Known all around the league for your QB talent evaluation then, are you? But wait, then you say...

...and it was at this point that I realised you've never actually seen an Arkansas game in your life, so I stopped treating it as a serious post.

Who said anything about Arkansas , im talking about the limited look that was gained of Mallett & Tebow so far in pre-season

Arkansas is college... Tebow and Florida is in the rear view mirror...he is with the big dogs now and it isnt going well

Who said anything about Arkansas , im talking about the limited look that was gained of Mallett & Tebow so far in pre-season

Arkansas is college... Tebow and Florida is in the rear view mirror...he is with the big dogs now and it isnt going well

Adam, To be fair its impossible at this point to say Mallett is fairing better than Tebow at a pro level. Mallett has done just ok in the pre-season and nothing has stood out with him so far other than the fact he played well in his first pre-season game but so did Tebow last year..

Comparing the two based on NFL experience is pointless at best. One is a rookie and the other is in his second year and we have nothing to compare them on.

Sure Malletts Fundamentals are built for a Pro style and would assume from what we have learned right now with the right time on the Pats bench behind Hoyer and Brady that Mallett will be more than ready when the time comes. But that is nothing more than an assumption based on how the Pats help their players grow.

You said Mallett was more mobile than Tebow in the pocket. I said he wasn't, proof of which was his lack of pocket mobility over his years at Arkansas. You think you've seen enough in preseason to suggest he's now Ben Roethlisberger or something? Sure thing Adam :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

TaosHum wrote: »
    Wow, 109 posts on Denver's 3rd string QB :D.

There have been reports out of Camp that stated that he could very well be their 4th string QB. Had he not been picked where he was (with the guaranteed money) he may not be getting the chance to compete this season.

Whether he has fallen that far, we'll probably never know (because of the guaranteed money), but according to this article/blog, he has fallen to at least 3rd.

http://broncotalk.net/2011/08/23420/denver-broncos/brady-quinn-surpasses-tim-tebow-in-depth-chart-vs-bills/

• Advertisement

Do you have a source for this? What things were they not happy with? And don't come back with "well, there was whisperings" because that's bullshít. You said definitely, so where have these veterans been criticising Tebow for not respecting starters? Show me a link to these criticisms.

He was answering questions for the media? Wow, what a jerk :rolleyes: Again, show me where the veterans have come out and criticised him for this?

Aaaaand there we go, classic neilster. Bringing up a point that wasn't even made. You quoted my post where I talked about nothing but his attitude, why are you going on about reading defences?

You're the king of irrelevant shíte neilster.

I dont think there is a veteran in the land that would commit those quotes to hard copy about a No.1 pick of any team let alone Tim Tebow. But Jim Trotter has spoken about veteran attitudes along with his Brandon Lloyd interview along with 2 of the Denver Beat writers and the Denver team blogs. I wasnt talking about Starters plural ...its Kyle Orton...one starter

As for attitude, you spoke of that as i ...does that mean i cant speak about Tebow reading defences just because you didnt say it cos it will certainly matter to John Elway & John Fox...probably a lot more than his attitude

Advertisement