Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Social Basketball Times & Places & Outdoor Courts - Dublin *Updated 11th March 2015*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

lkasprzak wrote: »
    any pickup games arround tallaght area?

BUMP

Anybody?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Hey all,

The other half wants to get back into basketball in a fun league / social type thing.

She used to play on Irish youth team but is quite out of pratice now.

Can anyone point her in the direction of teams or leagues with social / fun outlook anywhere in Dublin.

Mixed or full womens teams she's not too bothered

Cheers and appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey Miju, there's a few social games around Dublin, there's pretty much always a girl or two Friday/Sunday in Sportsco, Ringsend: https://www.facebook.com/groups/173972555961507/

And same with Bray on a Tues/Wed: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200995453303368/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any games in the North Dublin area going??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Are there any social games in Blackrock / Booterstown area by any chance? Just moved up and would like to get a game going, work on the fitness, etc. Or does anyone know of any clubs that are open to new members (perhaps not super serious about skill sets either!)?

🤪

• Advertisement

Don't know of anything closer than the Bray/Ringsend games mentioned above Sabre. There might be a few outdoor games around Glenageary come summer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Are there any social games in Blackrock / Booterstown area by any chance? Just moved up and would like to get a game going, work on the fitness, etc. Or does anyone know of any clubs that are open to new members (perhaps not super serious about skill sets either!)?

I think that in Newpark college there might be a weekend group (you can ask at swimming pools/Gym reception).

Lads/Ladies, just been in Tallaght Leisure Centre on Fortunestown Lane for the first time and there's a fantastic B'ball court there... anyone know if there are ever casual games there or anyone interested in starting one? I think it's €60 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 drewbedo

any sessions around dub 9..
    is the DCU sessions still running??
    havent played for few years would love to get back into the game

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not for a while in DCU....unless someone else organised?

I did try and set this up last summer but only had interest from 2 people.....I'll play if you can get a crew going?

• Advertisement

They are looking for players here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pickupbballdublin/

it's around Glasnevin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 delf

Hey Cormie,

I tried to be added to the FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/173972555961507/ for the games on Fridays and sundays but it's been a few days now and nobody came back to me...
    Do you know if that's because they have already too many players or maybe because nobody would have seen my request?
    I don't know how it works but any chance somebody would be able to accept my request?

Thanks
    Delphine

Hey Delphine, I'm not an admin of that group so I'm not too sure but I think there's been other members added recently so just make sure you requested to join the group properly and you should be added once somebody sees it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 delf

Ok thanks Cormie, hopefully they'll see it soon. Are you going often? Is there many girls or mainly guys going? I already play in a mix team at work where I'm usually the only girl, I don't mind it so much as long as guys don't mind it either :-)

I'm only getting back into it now after a long injury. There's a few girls who come along, there's almost always at least one girl there I think. Then in Bray on Wednesday there's always a girl or two aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nodzer

LADIES ONLY (Not for Beginners)

Blue Bulls Basketball Club are hosting open scrimmage sessions for the duration of the off-season every Wednesday from 7:30-9:00pm. We aim to run these sessions for the duration of the Summer once a week up until the end of July.

For anyone looking to keep up their fitness during the off season, develop further match skills, get back into the game come along.

Sessions will be run in the format of Pick-up games, for those of you not familiar with the term these are end to end games, teams will be formed each session and sub'd in and out!

The Hall is located in Colaiste Brid, Newland's Cross, Clondalkin/Tallaght (Dublin Southside) for anyone not familiar with the venue or area do not hesitate to contact us.

Price is €5 per session.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries you may have.

Look forward to seeing you there next Wednesday.

Thanks

Blue Bulls Basketball Club (TALLAGHT)
    Stop posting your number online! Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eryn86

CKavo wrote: »
    Diana there is a Ladies only open session on Wednesday's in the Arena in Tallaght, this takes place every week from 7-8:30pm priced @ €5 and is open to everyone. Basically whoever turns up we break out into teams and run games for the session. This might be the best option for you as you won't find much casual Basketball at this time to end of March/Apr as the season is commencing September and most Ladies are now back with their clubs for pre-season! Might see ya next Wednesday 25th August we have Ladies from all different levels so no need to be nervous come along and have fun!

Hi there,

I am Australian, new to Dublin - I was playing in London for a ladies club, but have just moved here. Do you know how I can get in contact or how I go about joining a ladies club in Dublin? Is there a website or anything ? Thanks heaps

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zoe.M

Hi ,

Do you know if there are any basket club near dun Laoghaire ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cagalitos

Hi all,

This is Carlos, 25, and I am looking for a basketball team to play in Dublin City. I used to play quite a lot back in the UK and after I moved to Dublin, could not find where to play.

Please, let me know when and where I could finde people or a team to play with. I have read previous posts but I really do not get where I can play and where I cannot.

Thank you all for all your help.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Is the pick up game on Tue. @ the arena still there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 EuroStep32

If any of you guys are looking to play for a social basketball club Dublin Bounce are looking for players of any experience or fitness level to play for us for more information email the coach at [email protected]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Markfthomas

Is DCU still happening? I'm interested, is standard high? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hi folks, myself and a mate are looking to play a bit of basketball, based in the South Dublin area. Anyone active in that area or Dublin in general? Swords would be a bit too far for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andy2013

Hey,
    Moved back to Dublin recently, looking to play some social/mixed bball. I have played mixed bball in Waterford and Galway during the last couple of years and wanted to play in a similar set-up in South Dublin (based near UCD) i.e. for fun/fittness, not too serious!
    Cheers for any suggestions
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

beginner-ish groups in Dublin 1/3/9/7 anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rodalopin

hey! I'm Rodrigo, 26yo from Spain, just landed here in Dublin (city centre) and I would love to play or even for just shot some hoops... I think that my level is decent (not a pro, but I think that over a beginner), anyway, my interests are more for social and have fun :) I live in Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

myself and a few friends have organised a pick up game (all levels of standard welcome) most of the lads who play have never played before. We've had four sessions of it now, and to be honest we're all really getting into it. Its every Thursday at 9.30 - we have a full indoor court booked for €55 (works out at €5.50 each) and usually get an hour an a half in - lady who looks after halls lets us stay longer as she finishes up in office upstairs.
    venue is St. Columba's College, Kilmashogue Lane, South Dublin. I have a facebook page set up if you fancy joining group - basically first 10 names when i set up event play. <snip - PM for info>

cheers

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

if you search Dublin Coddlers sports and Social club -you can join - its an open group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭ec18

is the arena game still on?

• Advertisement

I have started a Facebook group for a pick-up game I'm hoping to get started in Tallaght Leisure Centre on Fortunestown Lane...

TLC: http://www.tallaghtleisure.com/tallaght/?q=hall

FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/396293993870887/

At the moment, Wednesday evenings at 8.0pm look like the most likely time slot.

Advertisement