Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Social Basketball Times & Places & Outdoor Courts - Dublin *Updated 11th March 2015*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

nialo wrote: »
    No clue. best bet would be to ring the arena and see if anyone has booked them yet. season hasnt finished yet thou so doubt they will be on yet. April would be the earliest i think. there is a tournament on the last week in march for the dublin clubs in the arena. last event off the season i think.

Thanks Nialo, that will be perfect timing for me so - soccer season over so Tues/Thurs nights will be free for me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

Theres an open session in the oblate on wens from 8-10pm, DMBB players mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

cormie wrote: »
    Just a little mistake in the times above, the Bray game is from 9pm-10:30 :)

Hi Cormie, is the Bray game still on? If so I'd love to hear more (I've no facebook so I can't see that page).
    TIA, Arik

• Registered Users Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Pick up basketball evenings every Wednesday from 21:00 to 22:30 in Ballywaltrim Community Centre, Bray. For street view, map and directions visit: http://goo.gl/fSCyd (GPS: 53.189061,-6.123568). €25 per hour, divided between whoever shows up. It will be €37.50 for 1.5 hours plus insurance. This night is open to players of all skill levels and there will be both male and female players ranging from beginners to very experienced. Everyone is welcome and as long as you try your best and familiarise yourself with the basic rules, you'll fit in. Games will continue to be organised through www.teamer.net mainly. As always, no response will assume you won't be at a game but please respond ASAP if you will be there :)

Feel free to pass on your email/phone number to me in a private message to be added to the teamer.net notification list :) Game will be cancelled if there will be less than 6 attendees. Assume by confirming, there'll be at least 6 players and that you are still willing to play 3 on 3 if only 6 confirm. If less than 6 confirm, those who already confirmed will receive cancellation notice.

Please always assume:
    • There'll be at least 6 players at each game and by confirming you are also confirming you're still ok to play 3 on 3.
    • If I don't hear from you, I assume you won't be there.
    • If there isn't 6 confirmed, I will cancel around 17:30 and notify all who confirmed.
    • The game will cost a maximum of €7.25 per person. This is the €37.50 hall fee, divided by the minimum number of players for the game to go ahead (6) plus €1 insurance per player.

If you need any more info, just let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

cormie wrote: »
    Pick up basketball evenings every Wednesday from 21:00 to 22:30 in Ballywaltrim Community Centre, Bray. For street view, map and directions visit: http://goo.gl/fSCyd (GPS: 53.189061,-6.123568). €25 per hour, divided between whoever shows up. It will be €37.50 for 1.5 hours plus insurance. This night is open to players of all skill levels and there will be both male and female players ranging from beginners to very experienced. Everyone is welcome and as long as you try your best and familiarise yourself with the basic rules, you'll fit in. Games will continue to be organised through www.teamer.net mainly. As always, no response will assume you won't be at a game but please respond ASAP if you will be there :)

Feel free to pass on your email/phone number to me in a private message to be added to the teamer.net notification list :) Game will be cancelled if there will be less than 6 attendees. Assume by confirming, there'll be at least 6 players and that you are still willing to play 3 on 3 if only 6 confirm. If less than 6 confirm, those who already confirmed will receive cancellation notice.

Please always assume:
    • There'll be at least 6 players at each game and by confirming you are also confirming you're still ok to play 3 on 3.
    • If I don't hear from you, I assume you won't be there.
    • If there isn't 6 confirmed, I will cancel around 17:30 and notify all who confirmed.
    • The game will cost a maximum of €7.25 per person. This is the €37.50 hall fee, divided by the minimum number of players for the game to go ahead (6) plus €1 insurance per player.

If you need any more info, just let me know :)

I'll be there this week. Sorry for waking you up :)
    Arik

• Advertisement

I was awake already I'm afraid :P Added you to teamer anyway so see you Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

BRM wrote: »
    Theres an open session in the oblate on wens from 8-10pm, DMBB players mainly.

Weve 15 guys confirmed for this week so that's the limit, if anyone is interested in coming along drop me a PM.

Showing up wont guarantee a game we try keep it limited to 15 players, it gives everyone a fair run.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nodzer

LADIES ONLY

Tallaght Basketball Club are hosting Open Training Sessions for the duration of the off-season commencing Wednesday week 25th April from 7:00-8:30pm. We aim to run these sessions for the duration of the Summer once a week up until the end of July.

For anyone looking to keep up their fitness during the off season, develop further match skills, get back into the game or simply want to have fun come along....all skills levels are welcome!!!

Sessions will be run in the format of Pick-up games, for those of you not familiar with the term these are end to end games, teams will be formed each session and sub'd in and out!

The Hall is located in Colaiste Brid, Newland's Cross, Clondalkin/Tallaght (Dublin Southside) for anyone not familiar with the venue or area do not hesitate to contact us.

Price is €5 per session.

For any Coaches/Club secretaries/Captains/Players out there please pass along this info to your players whom you think may be interested.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries you may have.

Look forward to seeing you there next Wednesday.

Thanks

Blue Bulls Basketball Club (TALLAGHT)
    Tel: 087-7944955

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stbojan

Hi,

My name is Bojan, I'm a PhD student at TCD, Dublin and I work at Teagasc, Grange Research Center. Next month, I'll move to Maynooth and I'd really like to play some basketball (I'm from Serbia where this is a big sport so I really miss it:)). I'd appreciate if you could inform me on the possibilities, anything from joining the proper team to casual play would be ok. Thanks.

Bojan

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cftb_11

If anyone is looking for a good hall on the South Side of Dublin. I am the manager of a hall in Dalkey that is available for rent.

Also can anyone tell me of some good male teams anywhere I cant seem to find any.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi cftb_11, what hall do you manage in Dalkey? Is it available all year round including leaving cert times? What's the price per hour and is the price the same regardless of day and time? What are opening times and availability?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CamiloVillegas

kevin DURANT

my new HERO

Hi cftb_11, what hall do you manage in Dalkey? Is it available all year round including leaving cert times? What's the price per hour and is the price the same regardless of day and time? What are opening times and availability?

Castle Park School, brand new sports hall ( well 3 years old ) it is available all year and the same price regardless of time. Open mon - sun. Is there a certain time or day that would suit you. Price is €50 per hour

Just trying to weigh up the options in the area. Holy Child in Sallynoggin have a similar sports hall and I believe it's 40eur per hour, Ballywaltrim community centre in Bray have a hall which is 25eur per hour. Holy Child is currently unavailable due to leaving cert exams so yours could be an alternative, Thursday evenings around 20:00.

Thursday it is in use for Volleyball. I would have monday 9-10. Tuesday 8-9 , 9-10, Wednesday 9-10, Friday 8-9. Would any of those times suit. We would have earlier like 6-7 if not. If you live local you should come down and see the hall

See it's not me who organises the one in Holy Child, I organise the one in Bray, but I'll mention it to the organiser as a back up to Sallynoggin, I don't think any of us would be in favour of switching and paying more, but during exam periods it could be a nice alternative.

No problem. Now on a completely different note. How many people do you have play with you ? Me and my friends also play every week. And was thinking we could have a game somewhere down the line. And what standard are you's roughly. well if you would be interested.

Definitely interested :)

I run this group for the games in Bray and any spur of the moment games too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200995453303368/

on Thursday we'd usually get 8/10 players and it started off as a girls only game, then numbers dropped and they let a few guys join, now it's mostly guys as some of the girls went away for a bit and other stopped coming. It's still a very friendly game though, never gets serious. Level wise I wouldn't know what we are, I only started playing basketball maybe 21 months ago but there's a few very good players and then some newer ones too.

The Wednesday night Bray game has much more players and has been averaging at least 14 players every week the last few weeks so that's pretty much at capacity at the moment.

There's no games on Monday or Tuesday night, unless yourselves would be interested to try get a game going either night between the two groups? How many do you get on average yourselves?

we only try get 10 every week so everyone plays all the time but id say we could comfortably get 15-16

Cool, what level are you guys? Would you be interested in a 2nd night, Monday or Tuesday? If you could get 5 of you guys interested I'd say I could get another 5..

• Advertisement

To be honest Im not sure what level we would be. Half of us have been playing for years but on and off the other half just started. We would be ok I guess nothing amazing though.

Would Friday suit at all ?

There's another game on Friday so really the only day would be Monday or Tuesday that doesn't interfere with other games. What day do you and your friends play on usually each week? Whatever level we all are, I'm sure we can still have a decent game :)

I'll check with all the guys later. I know Im busy monday and tuesday. We usually play wednesday night. Do you ever need spares for your friday game ?

It's not my game on Friday, it's a general pick up game in Sportsco ringsend, anyone is welcome, the numbers are usually 10+, sometimes around 20 :eek:

God dam, doubt id be going to that so. Dont like paying to be a sub

Well if there's that many, it's usually 2 half courts so it's not so bad. The court is pricey enough at 70eur per hour too!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of price could you give if the hall was to be block booked, say for 15 weeks, on a Tuesday from 7-10? Does it close at 10 or is 11 possible too?

Im really in the mood for a game now.

We close at ten and have fitness classes at 7 but we could so something like €45 euro if it was going to be a rolling booking.

There is a guy wanting to book out my hall for a weekly pickup game aswell if anyone is interested

What day was that chap thinking of? Wouldn't mind popping along if I'm free :)

Is the hall free tonight? The game in Ringsend has been cancelled due to a leak, if Castlepark is free maybe the game could be moved there if enough were interested, just thought I'd check availability first..

• Advertisement

what time are you looking for ?

Advertisement