Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Social Basketball Times & Places & Outdoor Courts - Dublin *Updated 11th March 2015*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 macd

Hi Folks,
    Mixed , easy going game in the city centre been running for a few years on Wed evenings each week - is looking for a few new heads. Standard is mixed so not looking for hard core players, just easy going people interested in getting back into basketball in a casual game. Game is mixed and we could do with a few new ladies to re-balance the game. Drop an e-mail to [email protected] if interested.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

SlimJ wrote: »
    Yo, there's pickup in Dublin on Monday nights. 7 to 8 pm in St Catherine's on Marrowbone Lane. I've only gone a couple of times and the standard is low to middling, but it's good fun. Maybe put this in the stickied first post?

I'm looking for any and all pickup basketball in Dublin. Aside from this thread, is there anywhere else these things might be listed?

Thanks

Does anybody know is this still happening? And if it is, how do I get involved? Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

What's the craic with the Sunday games? I was going to go with Shivvyban last year but never got around to it!! Haven't played in years, so I'm defo not at any kind of standard but I'd love to get back into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

G86 wrote: »
    What's the craic with the Sunday games? I was going to go with Shivvyban last year but never got around to it!! Haven't played in years, so I'm defo not at any kind of standard but I'd love to get back into it :)
    You are more than welcome to come down and give it a try, although the standard has gone up alot in the last few months. It's still very friendly and nobody takes it too seriously but if you haven't played in a while it might be a bit hectic. http://www.sportsco.ie/location-of-sportsco.html 6pm, and usually between 5 and 8 euro per person for the hour. Also the Friday game at 7pm in Sportsco is the same deal.

I'd recommend the Wednesday game if IFSC is a good location. It's a more open game in terms of space, more relaxed and pints afterwards.
    Contact details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056180033

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Lafortezza wrote: »
    You are more than welcome to come down and give it a try, although the standard has gone up alot in the last few months. It's still very friendly and nobody takes it too seriously but if you haven't played in a while it might be a bit hectic. http://www.sportsco.ie/location-of-sportsco.html 6pm, and usually between 5 and 8 euro per person for the hour. Also the Friday game at 7pm in Sportsco is the same deal.

I'd recommend the Wednesday game if IFSC is a good location. It's a more open game in terms of space, more relaxed and pints afterwards.
    Contact details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056180033

Thanks for that, could keep up grand fitness wise but I'd be extremely shady in rules etc.!!! Weds might work! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 claudiu_ceia

Heya guys,

Just made an account to ask about any outdoor courts in Rathmines? If not, anything else would suit as long as it's not high standard, I didn't play for a year (since I moved to Dublin) as I couldn't find any outdoor courts.

Any ideas? Ideally it should be in Rathmines and nothing very pro or anything like that.

Thanks,
    Claudiu

Heya guys,

Just made an account to ask about any outdoor courts in Rathmines? If not, anything else would suit as long as it's not high standard, I didn't play for a year (since I moved to Dublin) as I couldn't find any outdoor courts.

Any ideas? Ideally it should be in Rathmines and nothing very pro or anything like that.

Thanks,
    Claudiu
    Hi Claudiu, there's a game in http://www.sportsco.ie/ each Friday at 7pm, and each Sunday at 6pm. You are more than welcome to come along and play, skill and fitness is mixed and we don't take it too seriously.
    You can check this forum and the facebook page a day or two before to make sure the game is going ahead.

Hey, thanks for that. I don't know if you were there today, I was anyway. Good game, will be back Friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smokey23

Hi is this sessions of bball are still on? is ther any chance i can join .

As far as I know, everybody is welcome to join @ Sportsco in Ringsend on Fridays and Sundays.

We're going today from 19:00. See this as well: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_173972555961507&ap=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Any pick-up games tonight, lads?

Any games tonight lads? Do they still have pick-up games in the Arena on Tuesday evenings?

Haven't heard anything about that Tues game in the Arena so far, you might drop Vinnie a message, VinnieK on boards I think, he knows some of the polish lads who organise it. Think there is a game tomorrow evening in Donnycarney, NSNets posted about it on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Hey guys, ya the Arena has started back up a few wks ago, its on every Tuesday 7-8.30, good standard. We've had between 16-25 the last few Tuesdays but they let us use the 2 courts, its a fiver a head, its organised by the Arena themselves.

Vinnie K wrote: »
    Hey guys, ya the Arena has started back up a few wks ago, its on every Tuesday 7-8.30, good standard. We've had between 16-25 the last few Tuesdays but they let us use the 2 courts, its a fiver a head, its organised by the Arena themselves.

Lovely stuff, thanks Vinny...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Hi, just wondering about the pick up game in Tallaght on tuesdays, is it ok just to show up?, would like to get back playing a bit, Appreciate any info, Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

49ers fan wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering about the pick up game in Tallaght on tuesdays, is it ok just to show up?, would like to get back playing a bit, Appreciate any info, Thanks

Ya, just show up and play alright, people normally get there around 6.45 and shoot around and warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

@ Vinnie K, Thanks for that, sounds good, I'm only over in clondalkin so will definitely pop down next Tues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bandolina

Hi All :) myself and my friend are looking to play some basketball in Dublin 2, 4, 6 area. We used to play in school and college, but not so much in the last couple of years. Do you know any ladies/ mixed teams, leagues or clubs in the area?

Many thanks!! :)

Bandolina wrote: »
    Hi All :) myself and my friend are looking to play some basketball in Dublin 2, 4, 6 area. We used to play in school and college, but not so much in the last couple of years. Do you know any ladies/ mixed teams, leagues or clubs in the area?
    Many thanks!! :)
    Hi there's a few games on around Dublin.
    Ringsend Fridays and Sundays, on in Sportsco, the standard has gone a little higher in the last while, but it's very casual, nobody takes it too seriously and there's a few girls playing.
    Wednesdays at 7pm in the IFSC, mixed game, pints after quite often I hear!
    Wednesdays at 9pm in Bray, again a mixed game.

Most of the organising is done through the facebook pages as it's easier, and each night is open to new people, there's a wide range of skill and fitness at all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bandolina

Thank you so much!!! very helful :))

• Registered Users Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just a little mistake in the times above, the Bray game is from 9pm-10:30 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anthonyg712

Hi all, I'll be re-locating to Dublin for work from the US by the end of February and basketball is a huge part of my life. Although it is not the main sport watched or played in IE, I am truly passionate about the game. I just requested to join some groups via Facebook from the links above. I'd love to participate in some pick-up games. Hope to meet you all sometime!

Thanks in advance,
    Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

cormie wrote: »
    Just a little mistake in the times above, the Bray game is from 9pm-10:30 :)

Critic!! :P

Hi all, I'll be re-locating to Dublin for work from the US by the end of February and basketball is a huge part of my life. Although it is not the main sport watched or played in IE, I am truly passionate about the game. I just requested to join some groups via Facebook from the links above. I'd love to participate in some pick-up games. Hope to meet you all sometime!

Thanks in advance,
    Anthony

Did you manage to get any response or further details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anthonyg712

nialo wrote: »
    Did you manage to get any response or further details?

Yes I did, thanks. I've been added to the Facebook groups "Basketball Bray - North Wicklow, South Dublin & Beyond" as well as "IFSC Basketball, Wednesday, Dublin1"

Just got to the Dublin 2 area a few mins away from Grafton and still learning the area. Hopefully I'm near the locations mentioned in Facebook.

Thanks again.

Here are directions to both places. You are pretty close to both.
    First is sportsco the ringsend bball (fridays and sundays mainly) - http://g.co/maps/ux9zx
    Second is IFSC bball (wednesdays) - http://g.co/maps/nb4ja beside the play ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yes I did, thanks. I've been added to the Facebook groups "Basketball Bray - North Wicklow, South Dublin & Beyond" as well as "IFSC Basketball, Wednesday, Dublin1"

Just got to the Dublin 2 area a few mins away from Grafton and still learning the area. Hopefully I'm near the locations mentioned in Facebook.

Thanks again.

You aren't anywhere near Bray but you are quite near the IFSC location and join this group for the Ringsend games which you are also relatively near: http://www.facebook.com/groups/173972555961507/

When do the games start back up in the Arena? Thanks!

• Advertisement

No clue. best bet would be to ring the arena and see if anyone has booked them yet. season hasnt finished yet thou so doubt they will be on yet. April would be the earliest i think. there is a tournament on the last week in march for the dublin clubs in the arena. last event off the season i think.

Advertisement