Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brian McFadden

• 05-09-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

After his appearance on the Late Late Show last night he is a complete tool making his career his top priority over his children :mad:

I feel so sorry for the kids (Molly and Lily) having him and Kerry as parents

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

He did seem annoyed when Ryan T said if it were him he'd move to be with his children. His mother seems like a very nice lady. Maybe she is the best person to look after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

JP Liz wrote: »
    As his appearance on the Late Late Show last night he is a complete tool making his career his top priority over his children :mad:

I feel so sorry for the kids (Molly and Lily) having him and Kerry as parents
    ok .now how do you think he would look after his two girls?fresh air? he said he was ruined by the breakup,he went to get himself set up somewhere else and get a stable back ground for his kids..he has done that, now he,s back to see to get them sorted,not for good just to see if 'THE WAN' can sort herself out.when they seperated it was all one side,d . all for kerry. we dont know what went on . non of our busness, but they are in the paper every day. i as a parent fell so sorry for the girls but now dad has come back to sort it out. we still dont no the truth. papers can write what they like. he said mark is a good stepdad, were led to believe other wise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The man is scum.

His pathetic excuse about not being able to find work here is a complete cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

The man is scum.

His pathetic excuse about not being able to find work here is a complete cop out.
    grand .why do you say that about him when you dont know him. neither do i know him but i woulnt say that he,s scum. what do you say kerry is then?

blond45 wrote: »
    grand .why do you say that about him when you dont know him. neither do i know him but i woulnt say that he,s scum. what do you say kerry is then?
    She's an angel.

What do you think I'm going to say? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Hello Mrs. McFadden, your son is a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

phasers wrote: »
    Hello Mrs. McFadden, your son is a tool.

Thats a bit harsh on tools, a tool actually has a purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

After stupidly enduring one of her reality TV shows one night, I think Brian is an angel to have stayed with her for as long as he did.

I feel sorry for him and his mother.

Don't get me started on Ryan Tubridy....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I dont believe for a second he cant afford to come and live here?? He might not be as rich as he used to be after the divorce but surely he has a few spare euro lying around!
    The problem as I see it that he hasn't got enough songs under his belt to make a career and certainly wouldn't get away with singing these words on this side of the world :D

When I see my babies run
    When all the madness has really gone
    I raise my family and live in peace
    Now that’s what real to me, real to me

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'm sure he could get his old job back in Guineys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I actually felt very sorry for him, when I was watching The Late Late.
    The man's career was destroyed by a public breakdown of his marriage, he has no relationship with his ex-wife, the mother of his children, he lives hours away from his two children and he mostly reads about goings-on in their lives, via newspapers.

Whatever your feelings are on the man, you have to admit he's in a very sorry position. If that were me, I have no idea how I'd hope.

Imagine learning that your partner had been high on drugs, while in your children's company. That they had taken drugs in the family home.
    I just can't imagine how he deals with that.

I think he's done the right thing, in trying to get custody of the girls - Clearly, Kerry is an unfit mother, from her antics displayed in the press and on her reality show. She needs a wake-up call and Brian needs time to be the father he wants to be.

The man's career was destroyed by a public breakdown of his marriage, he has no relationship with his ex-wife, the mother of his children, he lives hours away from his two children and he mostly reads about goings-on in their lives, via newspapers.

Whatever your feelings are on the man, you have to admit he's in a very sorry position. If that were me, I have no idea how I'd hope.

Imagine learning that your partner had been high on drugs, while in your children's company. That they had taken drugs in the family home.

I think he's done the right thing, in trying to get custody of the girls - Clearly, Kerry is an unfit mother, from her antics displayed in the press and on her reality show. She needs a wake-up call and Brian needs time to be the father he wants to be.
    His career was ruined because he decided to leave Westlife and try and 'make it' on his own, but because he's a talentless person he failed miserably.

He CHOSE to move to Oz, no man who wants to be a father moves to the other side of the world away from his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

why doesn't he get a normal job in mcdonalds or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He CHOSE to move to Oz, no man who wants to be a father moves to the other side of the world away from his kids.

Unless he's bangin a bird as hot as Delta....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I thought he came across terribly.

He said he doesn't know what's going on with his kids or with Kerry. He said he doesn't know who she's surrounded by (although later contradicted that and said she's surrounded by supportive people, or something). He said he knows as much as we know from reading papers.

Sorry, but that's no kind of a father. I'm shocked that he hasn't MADE himself aware of what's going on with his kids. Not knowing what's going on should have been cause enough for him to go to where his children are and FIND OUT what's happening. Otherwise he can forget about waltzing back into their lives to be the "hero" when Kerry goes off the rails.

I particularly liked the hard line that Ryan took with him and he was absolutely right to question him the way he did. He went on that show expecting it to be a "poor me, I have to get my children back but she won't let me" interview. And then got on his high horse when he was asked things he wasn't expecting to be asked. The questions that lots of people were thinking themselves.

So yeah...good luck to him and all...but he's no great shakes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

He said he could have sold an interview for €100,000 but he chose to go on the Late Late instead. If he is as hard up as he's making out to be maybe he should have taken the pay cheque to support his family, no matter what way the story would have been sensationalised by the tabloids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Brian needs time to be the father he wants to be.

I'm sorry but WTF?

Their eldest daughter is 8 years old. 8 years not time enough for him to be a father? Yeah I can see it now, "sorry Kerry I need to disappear off to the other side fo the world for a few years so I can figure out how to be the dad I want to be. Yeah sure, I'll miss most of the important stuff and you're so unstable that I can't possibly live with you any longer but I'm sure our vulnerable children will be perfectly safe.". Give me a break. The whole world has known about this woman's problems for years, she's even admitted to her issues herself and only now is that man trying to do something for his kids. It's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shaymousse

Hes a twat! If he was that worried about his kid she would have come home years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 M.E. Doyle

Are you seriously for real? This guy wants everyone to feel sorry for him, He's saying he's no Money????? Whatever!.. im sure he still has allot of money from Westlife days, The bottom line is he fell inlove with Delta and put his relationship and career before his kids.... What kind of a man can go from year to year without seeing his children, knowing the mother is a dead beat and has allot of issues, he has some cheek to make it out that if he comes home he has no work, cant support his kids....NEWS FLASH BRIAN...We all have to do it, there are allot of us who dont work yet still have kids to rare.... What can i say... It's a man world!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Unless he's bangin a bird as hot as Delta....

lol :D:D:D

• Advertisement

he slept with a lap dancer on his stag night

what a gentleman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

It's funny how no-one mentioned Brian's mother and what a sucker she is. Brian isn't even man enough to talk to Kerry directly, his mammy does it for him. He needs to grow up and his mother needs to kick his ass.

why has his marriage to kerry destroyed his career in Ireland ?

i don't get it

I always thought his career tanked because he had no talent and was kind of a wanker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

This thread is getting ridiculous.

He has got talent or at least a pretty good singing voice. He should have definately sorted out a job in Ireland to be close to his kids but seems to have chosen Delta over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

yeah he might be a bit of a plank and he lives miles away from his kids. At least he pays money towards the upbringing. I know plenty of people living streets from their kids and they wont even pay a penny towards the kids.
    Fair enough it would be better if he was an actual father but he is doing more than hundreds of father around Ireland.

what does delta see in him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Source NOTW

KERRY'S worried ex husband Brian McFadden has pleaded for her to give him custody of their two daughters - but he admitted he's TOO BROKE to launch a legal battle. Fearful for the girls' plight living amid their mum's problems, he said: "I want Kerry to give me the kids, and me and my mum will look after them for the next six months to a year to give her time to get her life together. "Then they can go back. It's important to the kids to be with her."

Amazingly he added: "And Mark is a good stepdad, the kids love him. I don't know about what else he does, but he's a good stepdad to them."

Speaking on Irish TV, 29-year-old McFadden: "Kerry can't afford a court case at the moment, neither of us can.

"Our last one pretty much cleaned me out."

He confessed his money- making career in Ireland and the UK is finished and he has now carved out a new life in Australia with fiancée Delta Goodrem in Australia.

"People think because I was in Westlife I must have millions of pounds," said Brian. "But I still have to work to live."

He admitted: "I've seen the video of Kerry taking coke and all the manic craziness - it's a really unstable environment for the kids. Kerry was always troubled but it just seems to be escalating into something ridiculous.

"We split up over five years ago and I haven't spoken to her in well over four years. We can't speak to each other. I wish it was different but we can't agree on anything and it just becomes fighting and aggression."

Brian then defended his decision not to return to Ireland sooner when it became clear that Kerry's self-destruction was spiralling out of control.

He said: "People keep saying, 'Why aren't you here all the time?' or 'Why don't you get a house in Manchester?' and it's because I can't get work here."

But Brian vowed that will change if he succeeds in his latest bid to get his two girls - Molly, seven, and Lilly-Sue, six.

"If I have full custody and get the kids I WILL come back to Ireland," he pledged.

Brian wont return to Ireland because Delta wont live here if thats the case why cant he take the kids to Oz to live with him and Delta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

JP Liz wrote: »
    Source NOTW

Brian wont return to Ireland because Delta wont live here if thats the case why cant he take the kids to Oz to live with him and Delta

Because part of any custodial agreement would be that the kids cannot live in any country other than Ireland or UK, unless he gets full custody. Unfortunately laws don't favour the father even if the mother is a drugged-up, raving mad lunatic. It is very rare that the father gets full custody when the mother is willing to fight the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maggie797

I am not a huge fan of Brian mcfadden, though i did like that song real to me (despite the irony!!) and i preferred him out of westlife!(didnt realise he had such a nice singing voice when he was in westlife).
    When he and kerry split up the press went to town on him over here and kerry got all the sympathetic media attention.. at the time the public didnt realise the kind of things she was getting up to and had no idea she was into drink and drugs. Didnt she win mother of the year in some tabloid competition around this time?
    I reckon brian left her with good reason and that she was a nightmare to live with and to be fair to him he never said any of this at the time.. he put up with the negative media. this is probably what he means when he says he cant get work here and cant live in Ireland. Obviously his relationship with Delta is contributing to this too.
    I would also believe that the reason he has not sold his story is that one day it would hurt his childern.
    I do think he has done as much as he can given the circumstances and the type of person Kerry is, I wish him the best of luck in doing whats right for his childern now and i am sure he will do all he can to ensure they are safe and well looked after. I hope Kerry sorts herself out too, the whole story is a sorry mess.
    Ryan was tough on Brian on the late late, and he did ask the questions everyone else was wondering. Brian may not have been too happy about that esp when he was put on the spot a few times, however it is what he does now that is more important for those Kids now.(remember his kids now have other sisters and he has to take that into account too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Brian has travelled a lot. He started off in Kerry, went to Australia, and ended up a delta

Advertisement