Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dart Pub Guide to ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Glen Tavern, Glentworth St (off Henry St)

Unicorn, Dooradoyle (just past Crescent SC)

Anyone know of any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

brown derby (cork city)

hole in the wall (castletownbere)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

CUCINA wrote: »
    Haven't seen any mention of darts pubs in Meath, specifically Dunshaughlin or surrounding area...used to play a lot (emmm, years ago!) and was thinking of getting back into it. Navan would be a bit too far, though. Maybe I should ask the same question in the Meath forum (if that's not illegal!)
    Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
    midland bar in enfield is a real good dart bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

O'Neills in Duleek , Co. Meath springs to mind, for pubs in Meath, seeing as i play for them!!

There is always some lads in there playing darts

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MIP

Killarney darts pubs,

Kellys Korner
    Murphys bar
    The Tatler jack
    The Laurels
    The Laune
    Corkerys
    Charlie Foleys
    Darby O'Gills
    Dunloe Lodge
    Dan Linehans

Going to be in Killarney this weekend on a stag and looking for somehere to watch the Ireland match and have a game of darts earlier in the day. Somebody recommended Jades on New Street as being good for both but wasn't mentioned in these posts. Just wondering if anyone knows it and is it worth a visit? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jupiler

Village Inn Clonee has a board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jupiler

Is the Lantern open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DonkeyPunch

I'm in the Dublin 3 Area.

The only ones I know of are:

The Players Lounge
    Smyths (limited play, it's in a room that is rarely open or staffed)
    The Strand

Anyone know of any other ones in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I'm in the Dublin 3 Area.

The only ones I know of are:

The Players Lounge
    Smyths (limited play, it's in a room that is rarely open or staffed)
    The Strand

Anyone know of any other ones in the area?

The Roundabout in Artane has 3 in the back lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

davb wrote: »
    North Kildare Dart Pubs:

Kilcock:
    Murphys
    Kilcock GAA

Maynooth:
    The Roost

Celbridge:
    O'Connors

Leixlip:
    Confey GAA

Clane:
    Clane GAA

Enfield:
    Midland

Coill Dubh:
    Dag Welds

Change Enfield darts team now in the Bridge House Enfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

MIP wrote: »
    In Dublin there's a couple of pubs in the Strawberry Beds area between Chapelizod/Castleknock/Lucan which I think have catered for darts over the years but never seemed to be a regular scene (or if there was I never came across it):
    • The Strawberry Hall has a nice room set aside for darts but unfortunately rarely gets used apart from a few lads from Ballyfermot (I think) I've run into on Friday nights previously so believe they may be considering converting it. Might be obvious to anyone with a serious interest but for the less committed remember to bring your own darts as they don't always have a full set available behind the bar.
    • The Anglers Rest just up the road used to have a board also but was more decorative than anything else and I haven't been there in a couple of years so unaware of the current situation.
    • Never been in the Wrens Nest but have heard tell it does have a board, unfortunately it also has a reputation as a bit of a strictly locals only place.
    I'm based in Castleknock so if there's a team or league in the area I'm unaware of or if anyone would like to start one please let me know!!!
    I've been to the wren's nest before once or twice and i wasn't a regular I was treated to a warm reception from the bar staff and regulars

heffo500 wrote: »
    I've been to the wren's nest before once or twice and i wasn't a regular I was treated to a warm reception from the bar staff and regulars

Good to know, must give it a shot so. Does it have a board?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

If your in Ballina,

Moclairs has 3 boards and at least 1 is always available except Tuesdays (league night). Other than that theres a comp in there every Friday.

Katies Corner has 4 and at least one is always open to play on.

Most pubs in the town have at least a board but you most likely to find a game in either of those 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

didn't have a board when i was there great for trad music especially the back room i was once in the dubliners best of has an album cover of them sitting in front of the fireplace in that back room check this link

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/2345880/Best-Of/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 billi62

New Dart tournament with 1,000 euro first prize in the Blue Devon, Dromahair, Co. Leitrim. Runs for 7 more weeks on Friday nights at 10pm sharp. 10 Euro entry.
    Call 071 91 64134 for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TrishK

Any decent dart pubs in Kilkenny City?
    I have heard the Kilford Arms does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TrishK

whelan11 wrote: »
    Im fairly new to darts. Not that im totally ****e, but whats the story with playin in leagues? Would people get pissed off if you cant tally your score really quick etc.?? Id love to get into it a bit more but dont wanna wreak peoples heads. Any ideads?

PS Good darts places around Dublin 3? like Fairview Marino
    you could try Crabh Ciarans, beside parnell park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eat Well

TrishK wrote: »
    do they have a team there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gareth218

i have started a new team in the dublin north inner city league. its in the annesley house on the north strand. anyone interested in joining can give me a call on 0860513664 my name is gareth... thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Joker180

Top Bar in Tralee at the moment is the Huddle Bar in Strand Street, 2 Boards, good oche and a tournament every Friday night, money in, money out. Two pool tables and a beer garden for those that get knocked out early :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gareth218

TrishK wrote: »
    players lounge (fairview inn) or the annsley house on the north strand..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phillipp

gareth218 wrote: »
    i have started a new team in the dublin north inner city league. its in the annesley house on the north strand. anyone interested in joining can give me a call on 0860513664 my name is gareth... thanks
    hello Gareth, i was just wondering did you organise the darts team..

Im living up on the howth road and would be intrested in joining or playing
    in any regular darts tournemants, ,,,,,,,,, Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Heading to kinsale next month for a few days and would love to know of any good dart pubs down that end of the world.. Cheers:)

dexter647 wrote: »
    Heading to kinsale next month for a few days and would love to know of any good dart pubs down that end of the world.. Cheers:)

Was on a stag in Kinsale a couple of years ago and found a pub called The Spaniard (http://www.thespaniard.ie/) which had a board but no darts, so bring your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Cheers will do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

dexter647 wrote: »

The Huntsman {Belgooly} on the way into Kinsale is a good darts pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

O'Fhearons Bar , Dundalk
    Two boards on the wall , good throws and decent oches.
    Also great pints on the go.
    Always lads chuckin a few games there at a decent standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nakie

Hi,
    Am looking to start darting again. Was a member in Holland for 10 years. want to pich it up again.
    Any one who knows a team on the northside of Dublin who is looking for players???

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tran

kilkenny city

o gormans
    pat carrolls
    egans
    leydons
    worlds end
    kilford arms
    hendersons
    black cat
    the sceilp inn

callan

the steppes
    mickeys
    keoghs
    cosy inn

kells

shirleys, outstanding darts pub with new extension for 10 or more boards. some good comps in same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Any bars near Terenure with a board?

Advertisement