Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Got the refund for the May flight. Only one left now, the one which was rescheduled from March to October and has now had the times changed considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I had a flight booked for October..... got the email re changes on 17/9, applied for refund, got voucher and rejected it..... and got an email this morning saying refund has been processed, expect the money in 5-7 days.

Is this a record?? :D

(I'll hold off on the champagne until the money is actually in my account, mind you!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wow Heidi has to be up there, I think once you get that email you are golden. It feels like those of us who had earlier flights during this seemd to wait the longest. Great start to the wend for you.

pc7 wrote: »
    Wow Heidi has to be up there, I think once you get that email you are golden. It feels like those of us who had earlier flights during this seemd to wait the longest. Great start to the wend for you.
    It's a nice start alright!

Especially since we've rebooked our weekend for next April (although gawd alone knows if that'll even happen) - and the same flight for the return leg was a fiver cheaper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Got refunded this evening by Ryanair for a flight which was due to depart in August which was cancelled in June.

I rang this number last Friday and was told I wasn't in refund queue when I clearly stated I wanted a refund not a voucher.

Chancers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I had a flight booked for October..... got the email re changes on 17/9, applied for refund, got voucher and rejected it..... and got an email this morning saying refund has been processed, expect the money in 5-7 days.

(I'll hold off on the champagne until the money is actually in my account, mind you!)

Like you, I just got the 'Your recent correspondence with Ryanair' email today for my October flight, which I only applied for the refund for on the 17th.
    That'll be all the money they owe me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Before the pandemic, I used to commute every month (not to/from Ireland) buying tickets months in advance. Since it started, 4 of my return flights were cancelled. The March one was refunded immediately and I got vouchers for the rest. I have now used them all, one for a Summer trip and two for Winter trips. Only have a tenner left, which I plan to use up for another Winter trip.
    Vouchers worked for my situation as I travel monthly and was able to use them, however I totally understand and feel for those who have no immediate use for them and do need a cash refund. Hopefully the refunds which are still overdue will be processed ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

So budget air Ireland have now said that Qatar are going to refund me for my fights a month later however Qatar confirmed that they refunded them nearly a month ago and it’s up to them to refund me now

So budget air Ireland have agreed to the refund in a email however they said it will take months for me to get the refund,

Am I now better off starting my charge back and use that email as proof that they said they will refund me but will take months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

So budget air Ireland have now said that Qatar are going to refund me for my fights a month later however Qatar confirmed that they refunded them nearly a month ago and it’s up to them to refund me now

So budget air Ireland have agreed to the refund in a email however they said it will take months for me to get the refund,

Am I now better off starting my charge back and use that email as proof that they said they will refund me but will take months ?

Hard to see how Budget air can justify holding on to your money for months!

Maybe highlight that you are heading for chargeback if you don't see it within 14 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

paddy19 wrote: »
    Hard to see how Budget air can justify holding on to your money for months!

Maybe highlight that you are heading for chargeback if you don't see it within 14 days?

Have done this, have proof from Qatar that Qatar refunded budget air back on the 9th of September !!!!

Fingers crossed I will get my refund in the next 14 days !!!!

But look the min Covid dies down I can’t wait to travel again !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

How long are Aer Lingus taking to process refunds at the moment?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Happy days just got my AL refund in 5 days, absolutely fantastic. Just need them to change the time or cancel one more and I'll be done with them. Still waiting on a charge back refund from Air Europa, charge back with AIB and haven't been successful yet with them (saying 1000's in queue).

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

So, after requesting a voucher from Aerlingus back at the beginning of April and never receiving one, I did a chargeback and had just received the funds.

Has anyone had an Aerlingus chargeback returned?

Thanks

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Ryanair refund arrived in my account today - hurray!

12 days start to finish - not too shabby, in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I've had 3 Easyjet refunds within 10 days of cancellation. Great job.

More than surprised at Aerlingus.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I used a Ryanair voucher partially but they never issued another voucher for the balance. Anyone else have this issue?

Also BA owe me 1k, has anyone delth with them? Flight was cancelled

Limpy wrote: »
    I used a Ryanair voucher partially but they never issued another voucher for the balance. Anyone else have this issue?

It should be on their system that you have a voucher balance. I don't think I ever got another voucher issued. I just kept a record in writing on it of what I had used and on what date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Budgetair.ie have a helpdesk manager assigned for refund queries. They promise to process all refunds within 7 days.

Her name is maureen

Mburke@clubtravel.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Got the refund email from Ryanair today - flights cancelled in March so finally looking hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

My Ryanair flight was cancelled 7 days ago. The refund was issued yesterday. I was expecting to be waiting months!

• Advertisement

Has anyone had a successful outcome with an AIB chargeback

VG31 wrote: »
    My Ryanair flight was cancelled 7 days ago. The refund was issued yesterday. I was expecting to be waiting months!

Great to see, hopefully they have their act together now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Money in the bank today from Live holidays. A long 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ricta

US2 wrote: »
    Money in the bank today from Live holidays. A long 6 months.

Me too waiting 6 months for Loveholidays
    And they have the money from Ryanair for 2 months,!

Here's hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

i've been waiting 6 months for some of my refunds with Ryanair. Is there a way to escalate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    i've been waiting 6 months for some of my refunds with Ryanair. Is there a way to escalate it?

I went on live chat and got 2 refunds immediately
    Both cancelled since March

• Registered Users Posts: 45,261 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I went on live chat and got 2 refunds immediately
    Both cancelled since March

Ryanair website or Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I am still waiting on a Ryanair refund for my May flight. Part of this flight was funded with a gift card and the balance by my Visa card. They have issued a new short life gift card for the gift card portion of the flight but have still not refunded me for the Visa card portion of the flight.

All they had to do was issue me with a full cash refund for the lot, but they didn't. They are making things as difficult as possible for their customers and for themselves engaging in this sort of slow torture....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Rang BA Thursday afternoon and the money (1k)was in my account yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Morning All,

I currently have flights booked for New York for March 2021, i have already had to move the flights twice.

Realistically i cannot see us going in March in the current climate, what is the likelyhood of Ae Lingus refunding us for our flights?

We are in a similar situation for another set of flights at the end of next week for edinburgh,

Advertisement