Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus voucher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Still waiting since 25th March. Luckily I have the patience of Job.

I applied that week too and got my voucher after 8 weeks. Definitely follow up with them. I found I got the best response via Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Thanks both, I had assumed that was still expected wait time based on the various updates to date.

Rang them just now and hopefully should have it in a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Thanks both, I had assumed that was still expected wait time based on the various updates to date.

Rang them just now and hopefully should have it in a week or so.

I'm still waiting since 20th March. Heard from them in August and they'd run into a problem since I bought my flight in CHF and they can't issue vouchers in that currency. Confirmed I would accept it in euro. Nothing since. I did contact customer service since then, twice and got the usual "will be with you soon" answer. Good to hear they aim to clear all these by end of Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

miezekatze wrote: »
    I was due to fly in mid May, requested voucher in the beginning of May, still waiting. I asked for an update twice, but just got standard responses that I'll get it in the next few weeks. It seems really random, some people get theirs within 2 months and others are still waiting since March.

I just got mine today after following up again a few days ago. Glad that's finally sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I got an email from Aer Lingus today telling me that my return flight from Faro has been cancelled. As I have already requested a refund for both outbound and return flights, this is largely irrelevant, but I guess it means there's going to be an even longer queue for refunds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Still waiting since 25th March. Luckily I have the patience of Job.

Same here..... Want to book more flights, but refuse to book Aerlingus until I get my voucher!

I might book them with Ryanair instead. Got my voucher back from there within 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

I got an email today saying flight to Prague and back at the end of October are now cancelled and I can apply for voucher or refund.
    When i click the refund part it just brings me into an information section.
    when I go into the refund section it clearly says saver flights will not be refunded. I know this is wrong in my case as it is not my fault the flight isn't going! What form did you fill for your refund?
    wench wrote: »
    Go with the refund, at least they are doing those properly.
    I had a flight booked for Sept, they cancelled it 1/8, got refund 11/8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

The form is here, ignore that is says it is for post travel.
    https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/post-travel-enquiry/

Under "Issue" I selected EC261, and in the comments put that the flight was cancelled due to Covid

abff wrote: »
    I got an email from Aer Lingus today telling me that my return flight from Faro has been cancelled. As I have already requested a refund for both outbound and return flights, this is largely irrelevant, but I guess it means there's going to be an even longer queue for refunds.

Got an email on Friday telling me that my refund has been approved. Be interesting to see how long it takes.

I am still waiting 4 weeks now
    quote="abff;114967083"]Got an email on Friday telling me that my refund has been approved. Be interesting to see how long it takes.[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Got an email on Friday telling me that my refund has been approved. Be interesting to see how long it takes.

3-5 days it will appear based on my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OnDeBanks

Still waiting since the 24th March.

OnDeBanks wrote: »
    Still waiting since the 24th March.

If they have confirmed that you are entitled to a refund, it shouldn’t take anything like that long. When did you last follow up with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,890 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I had to harass them twice on Twitter to get mine.

If they have confirmed that you are entitled to a refund, it shouldn’t take anything like that long. When did you last follow up with them?

It was approved more or less straight away. Logged a case with them after a month or so. Sent 3 follow up emails with no response. Was on webchat with them last week. Same old working through the backlog excuse.

It was approved more or less straight away. Logged a case with them after a month or so. Sent 3 follow up emails with no response. Was on webchat with them last week. Same old working through the backlog excuse.

I think working through the backlog might be a credible excuse if everyone was suffering the same delay. But the length of time taken for refunds to be received seems to vary widely from case to case.

At this stage, I'd keep hounding them if I was you.

It was credited to my account on Wednesday. So, only 3 working days after their email.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Eldrew wrote: »
    Hi All - I was due to travel at beginning of June but applied for voucher on May 7th and got confirmation email straight back saying my booking was now cancelled and my voucher would be with me shortly. Have heard nothing since - should I be concerned? No rush as I'm not going anywhere any time soon but want voucher confirmed.

Have been engaging with Aer Lingus via twitter and have been told 3 times that my voucher was processed on Sep 15th and to expect an email. Its now 5 weeks later, no email and they are not responding on Twitter :mad: Anyone similar experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Eldrew wrote: »
    Have been engaging with Aer Lingus via twitter and have been told 3 times that my voucher was processed on Sep 15th and to expect an email. Its now 5 weeks later, no email and they are not responding on Twitter :mad: Anyone similar experiences?

Yes, waiting from a refund that was requested in March. Was told it was ‘escalated’ more than 6 weeks ago and would be issued within a week. Waited two weeks, called them, still being processed. Waited another two weeks, called them, still being processed.

My impression is that getting a voucher takes a lot longer than getting a refund. This seems counter-intuitive, but it certainly seems to be the case, based on what I’ve seen posted on this thread.

I’ve no idea why there is such a delay in the refund for Rodney B, but I would just keep the pressure on them.

• Advertisement

I think working through the backlog might be a credible excuse if everyone was suffering the same delay. But the length of time taken for refunds to be received seems to vary widely from case to case.

At this stage, I'd keep hounding them if I was you.

I finally got my voucher. It only took 7 months...

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Draco wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine as well - applied in March. Does anyone know what the best way to contact them about it is?
    My voucher finally turned up 7 months later. What a shambles of a system that it took so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

My voucher also arrived this week after much back and forth since the 20th March.

Would love to book something right away but not feeling very optimistic about Jan/Feb travel at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I requested a refund for one flight six weeks ago and requested a voucher for another flight yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes... I'd happily take a voucher for both, I want to book different flights but it's a balls having to wait so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I finally got my voucher. It only took 7 months...

I got mine from Ryanair with a 4 months use by date......so consider yourself lucky in comparison.

Ryanair just have to be unpleasant 'till the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Being chasing Aerlingus for flight vouchers since start of May.

Contacted customer care today and they basically told me they could do nothing for me at this stage. Absolute disgrace.

I sent a message on twitter to them, they replied asking for all the details, then 3 days later sent me a twitter message saying the money would be in my account within 5 days. It took 3. I didn't tweet I just sent the message and after months of waiting I at last got my voucher.
    Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Being chasing Aerlingus for flight vouchers since start of May.

Contacted customer care today and they basically told me they could do nothing for me at this stage. Absolute disgrace.

I sent a message on twitter to them, they replied asking for all the details, then 3 days later sent me a twitter message saying the money would be in my account within 5 days. It took 3. I didn't tweet I just sent the message and after months of waiting I at last got my voucher.

Sent them a message over Twitter myself. They came back requesting information on the booking reference etc. Have heard nothing since I responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Applied for a voucher June 8th(5 months ago), still haven't received a voucher.

Voucher terms and conditions seem to have changed since I applied. I should have taken a screenshot so I have no evidence but I'm nearly sure there was no limit to when the voucher expires(now 5 years. other sections conflict and say no limit so not clear) and which currency the voucher would be provided.

The currency is a problem for me as booked flying to Ireland(in dollars), aerlingus will provide me with a dollar currency voucher. I will soon be living back in Ireland. When booking new flights from Ireland, I will not have the option to use this voucher in dollars.

• Advertisement

Just to update on this, getting some feedback via the Twitter route. Said they are escalating my voucher claim further.

Advertisement