Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aqua Terra Bracelet Removal

• 19-09-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

I'm 'outing' myself as the buyer of 893bet's Aqua Terra 'cos I'm looking for a bit of advice here.

Its a gorgeous watch and I'm really happy with it and its going to be my daily. 893 is a gent btw.

I'm currently wearing it on the original bracelet after a bit of extending and the bracelet fits the watch perfectly. Typically I'm not a big fan of bracelets.
    This time its different and this bracelet is a genuine option but I want to try a couple of leather bands all the same.

Only I can't get the bracelet off. I have a decent springbar tool and a good magnifying glass but its' very tight in there at any angle and I just cant get any decent purchase on the springbar. Tried a small screwdriver too which I ruined in the process but no joy either.

Anyone have any experience with this watch? There are a couple of videos on similar watches - speedmaster and the like - but nothing good also some discussions on watchuseek between people basically saying this one's a bitch.

Anyone with ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

The bracelet is a very tight fit on my Alpha, I find I have to keep an outward pressure, perpendicular to the watch case to try to move the end link outward as I disengage the spring bar.
    It is a bit tricky and when you turn it round to get the other side it often slips back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    The bracelet is a very tight fit on my Alpha, I find I have to keep an outward pressure, perpendicular to the watch case to try to move the end link outward as I disengage the spring bar.
    It is a bit tricky and when you turn it round to get the other side it often slips back.

This is exactly what I had to do when taking the bracelet off my Ball watch. I experienced one side dropping back in so many times before I managed to get it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Went to watchmaker with it. He had it off in 30 seconds with a screwdriver. There is a knack to it. How you hold it and apply pressure downward on the bracelet while simultaneously slipping the springbar back. Then you reverse the watch in your hand while you keep applying pressure so that it doesnt slip back in and then you do the other side.

I saw him doing it but not sure I could repeat it easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I've always been fine with using the Bergeon springbar remover (6767-F) for around 20 euro.

If you have issues getting springbars removed you could always use the double sided tweezers - should have the springbars out in a pinch (pun intended):
    http://www.ofrei.com/page252.html

Professional ones are pricey but if it's something you do often then it's worthwhile. Otherwise the 6767-F is a highly recommended investment (I have two - will be adding lots of straps to clasps in a few months' time hopefully :D ).

• Advertisement
Advertisement